LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Click the link below to watch the Vevo videos.

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists...-for-roger-waters-what-god-wants-part-1/53211

jeff-beck-what-god-wants.jpg

See Jeff Beck in Updated Video for Roger Waters’ “What God Wants, Part 1”
BY CHRISTOPHER SCAPELLITI

Roger Waters has released an updated video for “What God Wants, Part 1,” a track from his 1992 album, Amused to Death, which will be reissued on Friday, July 24.

The video features Jeff Beck, who plays on several of the album’s songs, performing the track live in the studio.

Like the album reissue, the video gets something of a facelift, with enhanced graphics, a widescreen format, better audio and sharper footage.

The video is shown below, along with an exclusive video of Waters telling what it was like to work with Beck.

“I still don't know how he does it,” Waters says. “He’s incredibly technically gifted in ways the rest of us can’t even begin to think about. He also has incredible pitch. When you play a harmonic and then play a melody on the whammy bar, it’s quite extraordinary to listen to.”

The third studio album from Waters, Amused to Death is a concept album based on the idea of a monkey randomly switching channels on a television set. The record finds Waters exploring political and social themes, including Operation Desert Storm, the First Gulf War, which took place in January and February 1991.

“I’m remembering the record from [over] 20 years ago,” Waters wrote in a statement, “that most of what I had to say then sadly still pertains today and is maybe even more relevant to our predicament as people in 2015 than it was in 1992.”

Amused to Death will be reissued on CD/Blu-ray and feature a new 5.1 surround remix and a remastered stereo mix. The album will also be available as a double 200-gram vinyl LP and limited-edition two-album picture disc.

The July 24 release date for Amused to Death will also see Waters make his debut appearance at the Newport Folk Festival.