Your most disappointing Ram(s) of all time?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Judge Doom

Margot Robbie's Future Love Slave
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been having a discussion with a friend of mine about this,and just curious what ya'll's thoughts are on it. As the the thread title says: Who is your most disappointing Ram player of all time? Can of course be either a guy we signed in free agency, a guy we drafted, or one got via a trade. As the title says, feel free to post more than one player haha.

I will start:

Drew Bennett:After his breakout season with the Titans, I really thought we were getting a steal with him signing for us. Boy, was I wrong. Even before his knee injury, he was simply mediocre and not even close to being worth the money we were paying him, smh.

Robert Thomas: When we drafted him, I thought he would be our man in the middle for several years; loved his intangibles and all that. Alas, never really was that good for us, a huge bust.

(Dis)honorable Mentions:

Brian Leonard
Tye Hill
Jimmy Kennedy

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Jason Smith, G Rob and A Rob last year. Don't know how anybody could be more disappointing than those 3.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Easily Klopfenstein. I thought since he was rated as the top senior tight end, he was going to be a solid pick.

I hated the Hill and Carriker picks the moment they were made (wanted Ngata and Revis, respectively) so they weren’t really disappointments.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jason Smith, G Rob and A Rob last year. Don't know how anybody could be more disappointing than those 3.

If the team released Kupp to make room for A Rob, then, maybe, could he be as disappointing as Drew Bennett

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Tony Banks and Lawrence Phillips.

BY FAR.

In my book, no one comes close to these two in the "disappointment" category.

Tony Banks is my least favorite Ram player of all time. A perennial tease. Always played well in the unimportant games, and came up short in the games that mattered. He'd be great in garbage time and in late-season games when all was lost already. But we'd keep playing him, year after year, with false hope killing each successive season.

And Lawrence Phillips needs no explanation. A complete train wreck of a human being. And a head case who couldn't live up to his natural talent.

Other guys have been disappointing, but "Pretty Tony" and Phillips the murderous thug... those two are on another level, IMO.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Elvis Peacock and Ron Jessie in the 1970s ... both done in by injuries

Gary Green in the 1980s ... terrific trade acquisition ... 5X All Pro ... 1984 and 1985 with the Rams ... then an injury ended his career

Sean Gilbert and Troy Drayton in the 1990s ... Gilbert had the talent to be a perennial Pro Bowler but not the desire ... I was sure Drayton had the skills to be excellent for years ... I was wrong

Alex Barron and Jason Brown in the 2000s ... Barron had the talent to be really good ... Brown was really good but stopped playing when he got paid ... still put on a uniform and went out there ... just stopped playing.

And the greatest disappointment for me personally had to be Brandon Manumaleuna. With the Rams for 5 years (2001-2005). It took me all five seasons to learn to pronounce and spell his name. Then the fat-fuck left to play in San Diego. Just Brutal.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Lawrence Phillips & Eddie Kennison because we should have drafted Eddie George & Marvin Harrison.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trung Canidate. The beginning of the end of the GSOT.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going chronologically (mostly);
RB Lawrence Phillips. Supposedly the best RB in the draft and a replacement of sorts for Bettis. He was a failure in life as well as in football. 1st rounder.

OT Alex Barron. 1st round OT that didn't want to play football because he thought he was a basketball player. Utter waste of talent and a 1st rounder.

OT Jason Smith. Another 1sr round talent out of Baylor. He converted from TE to OT there and supposedly was the replacement for Big O. We needed him to work so badly, but he was an abject failure.

OT Greg Robinson. 1st round, abject failure. Supposed to be the most athletically gifted OT we've drafted since Orlando Pace, except he was dumb as a rock. He proved it forever when caught with a trash bag full of marijuana.

QB Sam Bradford. Selected the year after Matthew Stafford. He had an OK rookie year, dinking and dunking the ball to the OROY. After that, it seemed that he was injured more often than not. We had been waiting for so long for a franchise QB when Sam was picked. I know injuries aren't his fault, but it was incredibly disappointing to me, especially when we compare Bradford and Stafford's careers.

4 of 5 of these guys were paid massive rookie contracts with Sam's being the largest and last in the NFL(I think)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tony Banks and Lawrence Phillips.

BY FAR.

In my book, no one comes close to these two in the "disappointment" category.

Tony Banks is my least favorite Ram player of all time. A perennial tease. Always played well in the unimportant games, and came up short in the games that mattered. He'd be great in garbage time and in late-season games when all was lost already. But we'd keep playing him, year after year, with false hope killing each successive season.

And Lawrence Phillips needs no explanation. A complete train wreck of a human being. And a head case who couldn't live up to his natural talent.

Other guys have been disappointing, but "Pretty Tony" and Phillips the murderous thug... those two are on another level, IMO.
You bastid! ~ Felony

Fidelis

Semper Fi
Name
Fidelis
Going chronologically (mostly);
RB Lawrence Phillips. Supposedly the best RB in the draft and a replacement of sorts for Bettis. He was a failure in life as well as in football. 1st rounder.

OT Alex Barron. 1st round OT that didn't want to play football because he thought he was a basketball player. Utter waste of talent and a 1st rounder.

OT Jason Smith. Another 1sr round talent out of Baylor. He converted from TE to OT there and supposedly was the replacement for Big O. We needed him to work so badly, but he was an abject failure.

OT Greg Robinson. 1st round, abject failure. Supposed to be the most athletically gifted OT we've drafted since Orlando Pace, except he was dumb as a rock. He proved it forever when caught with a trash bag full of marijuana.

QB Sam Bradford. Selected the year after Matthew Stafford. He had an OK rookie year, dinking and dunking the ball to the OROY. After that, it seemed that he was injured more often than not. We had been waiting for so long for a franchise QB when Sam was picked. I know injuries aren't his fault, but it was incredibly disappointing to me, especially when we compare Bradford and Stafford's careers.

4 of 5 of these guys were paid massive rookie contracts with Sam's being the largest and last in the NFL(I think)
Spot on!! These are my busts also. Set the franchise back for at least a decade.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Oh man, Bradford, the injuries were the injuries and the guy just maybe was never gonna be much cause of them but I think that's a QB we ruined by not giving him enough around him (especially at receiver).

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Eric Dickerson, for not not having a great 10 yr career with the Rams. If he had stayed, and teamed with Everett, might have at least reached a SB.

He got greedy and or impatient with the Rams FO and forced a trade after only 4 yrs

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Neil039, what a mook. Total loser with a face only a blind mother could look at and sigh.

Second place, the bean eating can rattler from Kansas Foil. @Loyal

Third place, that one guy with a girls name from out east …DaughterBrock or something like that. @dieterbrock

Oops I thought this was most useless on ROD.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Tony Banks is my least favorite Ram player of all time. A perennial tease.

Boy, if that isn't a great description for Tony Banks, I don't know what is. The dude had a serious arm and could really look like he could be somebody, but then would just do stupid shit over and over. I remember in '98 that bomb he threw to Ike against the Vikings, God what a pretty ball that was ... and those moments would make you think he had a diamond in the rough. But man, just some serious fuck-ups one after another too.

I compare Bank to Nuke LaLoosh from the movie Bull Durham, in Crash Davis's words: He's got a million dollar arm and a ten cent head.