Your favorite play in Rams history

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Often overshadowed by the ensuing "Tackle", Bruce made an outstanding play on the ball vs TIGHT coverage, and then the move inside and then the speed to take the lead for good. Pressure. Skill. Timing. Clutch. Beautiful.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I was gonna say it was a Dickerson run...versus the Cowboys...maybe the Jets...when the db fell while reaching for him....but then I thought about that superbowl pass by Kurt to Bruce...Just threw it up, and let Bruce go get it...The one @Mojo Ram posted.....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Proehl's TD catch against Tampa to put us in the SB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
For me, this sums up the Greatest Show on Turf. I don't think we will ever see another offense quite like this.

View: http://youtu.be/gPxc0UYGz_8

What else you got?

Thays the play I had in mind before even opening the thread. Good job.

Side note: NOBODY will ever be as awesome at color commentary as Dennis Miller. "Martz has assembled a murderer's row of haste." You won't ever get that kind of analogic commentary from anyone else past, present, or future. Miss that dude, but I guess he was a little too high-brow for his time.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
It was really a one off deal, and I've never been able to find a clip, but Warner was lined up in shotgun with Faulk next to him, then Warner acted like he had an issue with his helmet or he couldn't get the play call in, so he turned to walk toward the sidelines.

Faked out the defense for the direct snap to Faulk. This was pre-wildcat and Ronnie Brown, and then I saw the same play rehashed by a couple different teams throughout the remainder of that season.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was really a one off deal, and I've never been able to find a clip, but Warner was lined up in shotgun with Faulk next to him, then Warner acted like he had an issue with his helmet or he couldn't get the play call in, so he turned to walk toward the sidelines.

Faked out the defense for the direct snap to Faulk. This was pre-wildcat and Ronnie Brown, and then I saw the same play rehashed by a couple different teams throughout the remainder of that season.
Man, I looked everywhere and could not find it. What the F.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
This...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrXnzNn8nKU

I can't decide between the third one where Bruce leaves the 9ers on the ground or the forth one where Kurt drops the bomb in Bruce's pocket.
I think the forth one because it shows how great Kurt's passing really was.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really don't know how it can be any play other than "the tackle"

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some good plays in here. The OP certainly embodied the spirit for the GSOT like no other, and the Bruce Super Bowl catch...well, won the super bowl. Those two, with the Proehl catch and the Warner TD while being sacked are the plays that instantly came to mind when I saw the title.

A couple additions. Every single one of these plays as the Reverend dismantles the 49ers and lets the Rams fans know that the 99 team is really for real.

Another one of my favorites is Flipper Anderson's catch and run into the tunnel to get us to the 1989 NFC championship. Unfortunately heartbreak (and then a decade of anguish) came the next week.

Oh, and have to let Marshall have his fun

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Let's go back through the mists of time for this one. It was either 1973 or 1974 against the Cowboys. Calvin Hill took a hand-off and headed through a hole in the middle of the line. Merlin Olsen disengaged from a block and filled the hole at the LOS. He came up from underneath Hill and blasted him back into the backfield. It was the only time I have ever heard of a player leaving a game because of whiplash. That Warner to Bruce thingy was nice, too.

Psycho_X

Legend

Agreed, at the end of it all this is ultimately "thee" play of all Rams time.

But if I were forced to pick a couple I'd go with a few already posted. The first being Proehl's catch in the endzone against the Bucs. I was at my friends dorm getting fairly hammered cause of how the game was going compared to all our others. And when that play happened it was the biggest release of celebration I've ever had. I was jumping around his dorm and went running up and down the hallway screaming with a couple other lucky bastards. Plus, I got laid that night so basically one of those perfect days from my youth lmao.

Also, the Bruce 4 TD performance against the Whiners. Have talked about it before but was there behind the endzone that he scored his first three TDs in almost spitting distance. Also harassed Ken Norton Jr. on way out after the game as we were above the visitors exit and he flipped me the bird. Was the greatest game experience I've ever and will ever have. Couldn't talk for days.

I was right here just barely out of the pic lol.
yvTsNCv.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Often overshadowed by the ensuing "Tackle", Bruce made an outstanding play on the ball vs TIGHT coverage, and then the move inside and then the speed to take the lead for good. Pressure. Skill. Timing. Clutch. Beautiful.

I love that play, but the "Tackle" is it for me. It was the greatest
Me too....It was the greatest moment of joy for me as a Rams fan, and it's not even close.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mLric-8oc

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Flipper's TD and straight to the tunnel. I was in college and one of my roommates was a Giants fan. He was a real macho guy that thought he was an athlete and thought he knew everything. He was bragging that there is no way the lowly Rams could ever beat the Giants that year. He bragged all season that the Giants were going to the Superbowl.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The long Dickerson runs against Dallas and the Jets are my true favorites... closely followed by the Flipper catch and run into the tunnel to win that playoff game in NY.

Proehl's snag to beat the bucs is also on the top for me. I'm actually going fishing with Warren Sapp on June 7th. Guess what catch is gonna come up that day. :sneaky: