You can buy Deacon Jones' playbook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
You can buy Deacon Jones' playbook
By Ryan Van Bibber@justRVB

And lots of other cool memorabilia from the Rams legend.

There's an auction happening that's got nothing but memorabilia from Deacon Jones, the legendary Rams sack master. One of things that you can buy is his old playbook from 1966-67, given to him by the family of former head coach George Allen upon Allen's death.

The playbook has notes from Allen describing the plays that would be executed by Jones and the rest of the Fearsom Foursome. According the action house description, the Pro Football Hall of Fame asked Jones if he would donate it to the museum, but Jones held on to it because of its personal meaning to him.

It'd be awesome to own something like this, but there's part of me that thinks maybe it belongs in the museum instead of on the shelf of a sports memorabilia collector, you know, those guys with the gut overhanging their pants, smoking Moores and ripping kids off by escalating the price of treasured memories ... or something like that.

Bidding starts at $100, but I suspect it'll go a lot higher than that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That would be nice to have.

I'd like to see what the winning bid will be.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Yep, That $100 bid will get you laughed at I'm afraid. I would buy it for that and donate it to the hall. After having a color copy made first, of course. :sneaky:

SierraRam

Recreational User
If you don't get the playbook, try this out. It's fun, insightful and even inspiring at times. Great read from the greatest pass rusher ever.

780307.jpg