Yankees fan caught sleeping on TV sues ESPN, MLB for $10 million

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/sto...obert-rector-dan-schulman-john-kruk-mlb-video

A New York man who was caught sleeping at a recent Yankees game against the Red Sox on ESPN is filing a $10 million defamation suit against broadcasters Dan Shulman and John Kruk for their "avalanche of disparaging words," according to the New York Post.

Andrew Robert Rector admitted that he "briefly slept" while in attending the April 13 game between the A.L. East rivals, and when ESPN cameras caught him sleeping during the fourth inning, the Sunday Night Baseball announcers launched into what he described as an "unending verbal crusade" against him, with their "vituperative utterances" redistributed on the MLB website the following day.

A YouTube video uploaded by MLB is titled "Fan sleeps in stands during game vs. Red Sox."

According to the report, Rector's suit was riddled with typos and improper grammar, claiming the broadcasters insinuated that he "is a fatty cow that need two seats at a time" and "is a confused individual that neither understands nor knows anything about history or the meaning of rivalry between Red Sox and Yankees."

ESPN, MLB and the Yankees are named as defendants in the suit.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not sure if this is a joke or just someone being stupid.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So all I have to do is fall asleep at a game and I can get paid?

Done and done.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
So, by that second "done" I can ASSume you got paid?? Howmuchyaget?

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
as dean wormer would say......"fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son" .

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Well, it was baseball but you paid to watch it dude.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, it was baseball but you paid to watch it dude.
Sometimes, you're just tired, even if you paid to be there.

That said, he certainly doesn't get $10 million dollars because the announcers poked a little fun at him.

I'd have the state bar investigate the attorney asking THAT much for THIS.

fearsomefour

Legend
You have no reasonable expectation of privacy when you go to a public place that you know is televised.....dismissed, next case.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Sometimes, you're just tired, even if you paid to be there.

That said, he certainly doesn't get $10 million dollars because the announcers poked a little fun at him.

I'd have the state bar investigate the attorney asking THAT much for THIS.

People try to sue over almost anything these days. There is no way that little segment was $10 million worth of defamation.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
People try to sue over almost anything these days. There is no way that little segment was $10 million worth of defamation.

My auditing text books referred to today as the "Age of Litigation", this is precisely the shit that makes me support tort reform

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is beyond retarded.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
if you even look at me ill sue you, better yet since I'm even talking about this you'll be hearing from my lawyer.