XFL - Vince McMahon is gonna try it again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Thinking back to the XFL.
I went to a game at the Colesium and enjoyed it. Tommy Maddox had a couple of decent years in the NFL after he was re discovered in the XFL.
The problem was, that they were trying to compete with the NFL. Which could never happen.

If they could come back with a smaller mentality and make it as affordable as minor league baseball does, it has much more of a chance. Minor league baseball has a huge advantage due to it being backed by MLB.
The XFL is on its own. Which i think may be its doom.

The XFL also started using the motorized field camera design, that the NFL now uses.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The only way this succeeds is if it becomes a farm league for the NFL. Otherwise it will fail again and again.

I don't think injuries play a part in it whatsoever because players know the risk involved before they put the helmet on and I'll argue they always have.
I'll put the argument to rest with this simple thought.
It's like a boxer not understanding why he has head problems later on in life. It's because you've been getting punched in the head for the last 10 years bro. The only reason these players are concerned about it now. Simple $$$

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If it's kinda like NFL Europe and it serves as farm teams for NFL Franchises, with guys who got overlooked in the draft or helps potential walk-ons get some recognition, I'd watch the shit out of that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So the Johnny Manziel era may not have actually ended ?

:LOL:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
giphy.gif

zy-WCDHyiyV-zSbChg-Th-XUN-k=.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Once again if he was smart he'd start it as a AAA league for the NFL. Small cities not in direct competition with the NFL, and provide something the NFL needs desperately.

nighttrain

Legend
Once again if he was smart he'd start it as a AAA league for the NFL. Small cities not in direct competition with the NFL, and provide something the NFL needs desperately.
ya think he's smart?
I wonder
train

Q729

Legend
Had fun going to some UFL games. Too bad the league was managed like trash. Good luck to 'em. :cheers:

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Oklahoma City , Portland Oregon , El Paso Texas , Louisville Kentucky , St Louis Missouri ,

Yeah, they should definitely target markets without an NFL team, but with a football fan base... like Cleveland.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If it's kinda like NFL Europe and it serves as farm teams for NFL Franchises, with guys who got overlooked in the draft or helps potential walk-ons get some recognition, I'd watch the crap out of that.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would have it written into every players contract that they understand the physical & long term risks and effects (CTE, etc), and that they take full responsibility for their choice to play. I would make them all sit through training classes on the risks. Then I would not have any of the safety related rules that we all hate. No one is forcing them to risk their bodies, but if they chose to, then so be it, it is their decision. I would have the old school football rules, with all the hits that some of us grew up watching. None of this helmet to helmet penalty nonsense. Let them be gladiators, if they so choose.

Of course, if I was in charge of the NFL, starting yesterday, I would have had that language written into every new contract. But that is just me. Everybody knows the risks now, or at least the information is out there now.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We were talking about this at work yesterday and I brought up the concussion issues. As extreme as he may want to get, there will be lawsuits coming his way if he doesn’t line it out properly.

One thing I did like was the replacement for kickoff...u want the ball? Go get it!

I want to see a good product. Maybe allow more swagger. More celebrating. Not as strict on the defense.

I’m sure it will be garbage tho!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Let's all make a pact right now, if the XFL has a team in St. Louis that is the team that all of us will root for.

Flint

Pro Bowler
There are plenty of cities that don’t have football who would love it, of course that’s not where the money is. This is going to cost so much to get going and what’s the payoff ? NBC took a bath on it the first time who’s gonna pony up this time? Facebook, Amazon?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Let's all make a pact right now, if the XFL has a team in St. Louis that is the team that all of us will root for.
I think if they have a team out of Anchorage that should be the team we all root for. We must not be divided. We could recruit cheer leaders from the Great Alaska Bush Company.

Todd59

Rookie
I wonder if they learned their lesson from the first time around. I'd like to see faster games, maybe with integrated advertising instead of commercial breaks to keep the broadcast under 2 hours. I wonder if they'd even go with a network broadcast, or if they would want to go online only, maybe thru Amazon, YouTube, or Facebook. They've given themselves 2 years to figure it out, and I'm interested to see what they can do.