Wwe Raw 2/17 Random Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Thoughts that occurred to me while watching the show...

* Daniel Bryan is as awesome as always. Although he did not have the match of the night tonight.

* I'm digging him and Kane in a feud, but the absence of C.M. Punk is keenly felt.

* I really don't know what to make of Emma. Hopefully, she can bring it in the ring, because all she is right now is the weird, flighty chick... which differs a bit from A.J. Lee's crazy chick vibe. I did crack a cheap "dizzy blonde" joke after the airplane spin on Summer Rae.

* Roman Reigns is hot right now, but I don't know if he's going to make it to main event level. At best, I can see him on Batista level.

* They really need to get the U.S. Title off of Dean Ambrose. I'd unite it with the IC Title again at this point.

* Speaking of, I'm thinking Swagger will lose his IC Title match against Big E, to keep setting up the breakup with Cesaro.

* Cena vs. Cesaro was a strong contender for best match of the year so far. I think the next time they go 1 on 1, it's going to be on PPV.

* Not really seeing much of the Darren Young - Titus O'Neill feud. Usually, I'd pick O'Neill to win the feud, but I've been worried they might make an angle out of Young's recent coming out for a while now.

* Wyatts vs Shield should be awesome.

* The New Age Outlaws winning the titles has been criticized quite a bit, but I kind of dig this understated thing they've been doing lately where maybe they're realizing they should have stayed retired. And the Usos deserve a title run.

* Sheamus vs. Orton was nothing special... though I would have let Sheamus go over clean, and a nice little brawl to round the show out.

My Elimination Chamber picks:

Preshow: Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel - This one's a toss up. The Brotherhood should win, but if they're planning to split them and have them fight at Mania, Rybaxel might get a cheap win.

Titus O'Neill vs. Darren Young - Titus

New Age Outlaws vs. The Usos - New Champs: The Usos

Big E vs. Jack Swagger: Big E retains

Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio - Del Rio wins when Brock Lesnar attacks Batista somehow... or Batista wins by DQ. I honestly think they'll twist things around to give us Batista vs. Lesnar at Mania, with Batista giving up his title shot for a shot at Lesnar.

Shield vs. Wyatts: Wyatts win when Dean Ambrose turns on Roman Reigns

Elimination Chamber: Daniel Bryan wins, eliminating John Cena last with a rollup or somesuch. Wrestlemania XXX Main Event: Triple Threat: Cena vs. Orton vs. Bryan for the title.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Thoughts that occurred to me while watching the show...

* Daniel Bryan is as awesome as always. Although he did not have the match of the night tonight.

Yeah he's got to be one of the most over guys in history. Right up there with the Hogans and Rocks.

* I'm digging him and Kane in a feud, but the absence of C.M. Punk is keenly felt.

I hate the corporate Kane thing. It's boring, and Daniell Bryan should be feuding with Randy Orton. As for Punk, I liked him, but I don't miss him. Hell the crowd chants aren't even that loud for him.

* I really don't know what to make of Emma. Hopefully, she can bring it in the ring, because all she is right now is the weird, flighty chick... which differs a bit from A.J. Lee's crazy chick vibe. I did crack a cheap "dizzy blonde" joke after the airplane spin on Summer Rae.

Emma is derpy. I like her, and she's good in matches. I just hate forced comedy. This thing with Santino (who is also forced, and not like when he was a bad guy) is so pointless. Why not have US title fueds in this place instead?

* Roman Reigns is hot right now, but I don't know if he's going to make it to main event level. At best, I can see him on Batista level.
Just another big guy. In a perfect world he'll be fueding for the IC title and getting ME level in a couple years.

* They really need to get the U.S. Title off of Dean Ambrose. I'd unite it with the IC Title again at this point.
I forgot he was the champion. Both IC and US champs need to be featured more.

* Speaking of, I'm thinking Swagger will lose his IC Title match against Big E, to keep setting up the breakup with Cesaro.
Jack Swagger is so boring and a lame attempt at a Kurt Angle gimmick. I'm surprised he's still employed.

Side note, dropping "Langston" from Big E and "Antonio" from Cesaro id pointless. The logic is they don't intimidating. Well, neither does Shawn Michaels .

* Cena vs. Cesaro was a strong contender for best match of the year so far. I think the next time they go 1 on 1, it's going to be on PPV.
Yeah that was awesome, but I wish Antonio Cesaro would be the top of the IC title picture. I think it's a bit too early for him to be main eventing.

* Not really seeing much of the Darren Young - Titus O'Neill feud. Usually, I'd pick O'Neill to win the feud, but I've been worried they might make an angle out of Young's recent coming out for a while now.
ZZZZZ I'd be surprised if either one of these guys still has a job this time next year. Breaking them up just ruins a newly developing tag division.

* Wyatts vs Shield should be awesome.
Word. The Wyatts are my favorite thing to watch currently.

* The New Age Outlaws winning the titles has been criticized quite a bit, but I kind of dig this understated thing they've been doing lately where maybe they're realizing they should have stayed retired. And the Usos deserve a title run.
The Old Age Outlaws are far more entertaining than a number of wrestlers right now. I have no problem with them having the tag titles. I just wish there were more teams that are developing.

* Sheamus vs. Orton was nothing special... though I would have let Sheamus go over clean, and a nice little brawl to round the show out.
Yeah, that's cuz we've seen this before. Sheamus vs. Antonio Cesaro would be an awesome IC match.

My Elimination Chamber picks:

Preshow: Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel - This one's a toss up. The Brotherhood should win, but if they're planning to split them and have them fight at Mania, Rybaxel might get a cheap win.

Titus O'Neill vs. Darren Young - Titus

New Age Outlaws vs. The Usos - New Champs: The Usos

Big E vs. Jack Swagger: Big E retains

Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio - Del Rio wins when Brock Lesnar attacks Batista somehow... or Batista wins by DQ. I honestly think they'll twist things around to give us Batista vs. Lesnar at Mania, with Batista giving up his title shot for a shot at Lesnar.

Shield vs. Wyatts: Wyatts win when Dean Ambrose turns on Roman Reigns

Elimination Chamber: Daniel Bryan wins, eliminating John Cena last with a rollup or somesuch. Wrestlemania XXX Main Event: Triple Threat: Cena vs. Orton vs. Bryan for the title.

EC:

Goldy and Cody
Titus
Outlaws
Big E
Batista
Wyatts!
Orton

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah he's got to be one of the most over guys in history. Right up there with the Hogans and Rocks.
I really hope WWE doesn't blow it with him. If he isn't winning the main event of Wrestlemania, something has gone wrong.

I hate the corporate Kane thing. It's boring, and Daniell Bryan should be feuding with Randy Orton. As for Punk, I liked him, but I don't miss him. Hell the crowd chants aren't even that loud for him.
It is kind of old hat. I wondered if maybe Kane needed some time to rest from injuries and they did this to keep him around but out of matches. I agree Bryan should be at the championship level, but the Orton reign's gone on way too long. I never was much of an Orton fan. And yeah, the Punk chants have really died down.

Emma is derpy. I like her, and she's good in matches. I just hate forced comedy. This thing with Santino (who is also forced, and not like when he was a bad guy) is so pointless. Why not
A lot of my objections will go away if Emma can go in the ring. AJ does need competitors beyond the whole "I'm so mad at Total Divas!" thing.

Just another big guy. In a perfect world he'll be fueding for the IC title and getting ME level in a couple years.
They're probably going to rush Reigns to main event status. You can ask Ryback how well that went. Although hopefully Reigns isn't crazy like Ryback.

I forgot he was the champion. Both IC and US champs need to be featured more.
The problem is with Ambrose in the Shield, he's not really doing much of anything solo. I would have let Mark Henry go over him (furthering the Shield dissension), then set up a Henry vs. Big E match at Mania, making their friendship a storyline. It won't be a mat classic, but it would be good.

Jack Swagger is so boring and a lame attempt at a Kurt Angle gimmick. I'm surprised he's still employed.

Side note, dropping "Langston" from Big E and "Antonio" from Cesaro id pointless. The logic is they don't intimidating. Well, neither does Shawn Michaels .
Swagger does have some value... but I mostly agree. At least he's not in a Wrestlemania main event this time.

And I agree on the name shortening. "Big E" by itself sounds like the focus of a Sesame Street sketch.

Yeah that was awesome, but I wish Antonio Cesaro would be the top of the IC title picture. I think it's a bit too early for him to be main eventing.
If they did unify the IC and US titles, you could build a really hot division with the non main eventers.

ZZZZZ I'd be surprised if either one of these guys still has a job this time next year. Breaking them up just ruins a newly developing tag division.
I wonder if they'd be already gone had Darren Young not publicly come out. I do think though that the Prime Time Players had taken a few too many losses to be taken seriously... speaking of, I wonder if a 3 Man Band breakup is in the future. Right now, Barry Horowitz could manage the guys.

Word. The Wyatts are my favorite thing to watch currently.
The Royal Rumble match made me a believer in Bray Wyatt. Yeah, facing Daniel Bryan helps, but that was awesome. And the sick thing is that Bray is the youngest guy on the active roster at 26 and he's already that good.

The Old Age Outlaws are far more entertaining than a number of wrestlers right now. I have no problem with them having the tag titles. I just wish there were more teams that are developing.
They need to not only develop teams, but book them in a serious manner. Do Los Matadores have any purpose right now other than to entertain kids?

Yeah, that's cuz we've seen this before. Sheamus vs. Antonio Cesaro would be an awesome IC match.
One random idea I had the other day... if they insist on having 2 midcard level belts, go back to the idea that the "Intercontinental" in the Intercontinental Title means North and South America and have a Western hemisphere title and an Eastern hemisphere one. You'd need to hire some more Eastern Hemisphere types, but it would currently include Sheamus, Cesaro, Regal (semi-retired) and Kofi off the top of my head. Maybe borrow some talent from Japanese feds as part of a deal to show their footage on WWE Network.

Goldy and Cody
Titus
Outlaws
Big E
Batista
Wyatts!
Orton
Hope you're wrong on that last one. ;)