WTF Rams ? TE 2023 draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The other part of it is thinking this group won’t get drafted early & often. I have takes on this,but this is just the start to get fired up. Maybe even PISSED OFF if this is messed up.

I guess because decisions have been made & have to be made. There is a lot of ways to go.

View: https://youtu.be/wM8mTZ-mhWc

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess my take is Luke Schoonmaker is my guy.
Even the kid from Clemson at the least.
Might have gotten to excited,but it comes with a lot of reasoning.Plus history of training camps.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
But really, I want Jahmyr Gibbs! ~ @So Ram
Take your choice. Point being The list is deep & if The Rams don’t draft one of this TE’s it’s a mistake.

Let’s start by trying to recreate The Wheel. Will Jacob Harris to a Ram next season ? You can use ALL THE BLUE FONT u want Loyal Ram.
I’m just stating if you go into 2022 season with Blanton,Hopkins & Higbee you’re in trouble. Oh that’s right what was Jacob Harris again.
— Sean Mcvay has me WORRIED. The best TE in OTA’s 2021?

Then at some point 2021/22 he says he is a WR? Then in 2023 he gets CUT. BTW in 2021 & 2022 he got hurt.

The knee injury in 2021 on special teams on Punt Coverage was pretty Bad.He was actually a big fast gunner who was excellent on TEAMS.

We can all judge things the way we want.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Take your choice. Point being The list is deep & if The Rams don’t draft one of this TE’s it’s a mistake.

Let’s start by trying to recreate The Wheel. Will Jacob Harris to a Ram next season ? You can use ALL THE BLUE FONT u want Loyal Ram.
I’m just stating if you go into 2022 season with Blanton,Hopkins & Higbee you’re in trouble. Oh that’s right what was Jacob Harris again.
— Sean Mcvay has me WORRIED. The best TE in OTA’s 2021?

Then at some point 2021/22 he says he is a WR? Then in 2023 he gets CUT. BTW in 2021 & 2022 he got hurt.

The knee injury in 2021 on special teams on Punt Coverage was pretty Bad.He was actually a big fast gunner who was excellent on TEAMS.

We can all judge things the way we want.
Ok, no blue font. The Rams have NEVER had a great Tight End. It has never been a coveted position for this team. But we are known for having great RB's. I'd take the next Marshall Faulk over ANY great TE in NFL history. PERIOD.

A great multipurpose back would make this offense transcend even with a mediocre OL. Go watch Marshall Faulk highlights and tell me what I say is not true.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
But really, I want Jahmyr Gibbs! ~ @So Ram
Loyal - just to be clear.

How BAD do you want him. I mean how BAD do you really want that player. Don’t hold back please.
I mean if you’re The Rams GM Les Snead what are you telling Sean Mcvay. Do you go to BAMA even though you’re from Auburn & talk to Saban? Just so your get all the down & dirty.

Truth is you have to Give Up something to get him. We are TALKING PICk #36 plus whatever else you have in your pocket.

The change ain’t all that much.You can be The(Long) Hunter or the Hunte.The Rams already gave up 2 1st rd picks for Jalen & you HOPEFULLY can see what The Rams (superbowl) got back. Which is all Fine & Dandy.

I’m being real! Tell me where I’m Wrong ?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Loyal - just to be clear.

How BAD do you want him. I mean how BAD do you really want that player. Don’t hold back please.
I mean if you’re The Rams GM Les Snead what are you telling Sean Mcvay. Do you go to BAMA even though you’re from Auburn & talk to Saban? Just so your get all the down & dirty.

Truth is you have to Give Up something to get him. We are TALKING PICk #36 plus whatever else you have in your pocket.

The change ain’t all that much.You can be The(Long) Hunter or the Hunte.The Rams already gave up 2 1st rd picks for Jalen & you HOPEFULLY can see what The Rams (superbowl) got back. Which is all Fine & Dandy.

I’m being real! Tell me where I’m Wrong ?
To be clear, I am not a wanna-be GM and never want to be. When I see special, I know it. Gibbs is Marshall Faulk light to me. His elusiveness ability IS like Marshall. His quick decisions through superior vision and spatial awareness, are also like Faulk's. He is a really good receiver with great hands as Marshall was...
Cam Aker's isn't even in the same universe talent-wise, as Jahmyr Gibbs. Since the NFL currently devalues the RB position, which will push a back down the draft, it may not take as much draft capital as you think. IF he is a lower 1st round draft pick, we do what it takes to get him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ok, no blue font. The Rams have NEVER had a great Tight End. It has never been a coveted position for this team. But we are known for having great RB's. I'd take the next Marshall Faulk over ANY great TE in NFL history. PERIOD.

A great multipurpose back would make this offense transcend even with a mediocre OL. Go watch Marshall Faulk highlights and tell me what I say is not true.

I can watch HOF Edgerrin James as well. Where was Marshall Faulk drafted ? Ricky - was traded for what that year ?
—Talking HOF !! Where’s Torry Holt. (Shame).

LaDainian Thomason was a number 5 pick overall.Drew Brews was drafted #32 by San Diego 2001 as well.

Point being Yes I LOVE RB’s!!
I think Zach Charbonnet shouldn’t be passed over.
Even If The Rams have so many HOLES!

Then again value by position of need. I WANTED Johnathan Taylor. Would have traded up.

I liked Dobbins & AJ Dillion.would have drafted both those players if not,instead of Cam Akers & Van Jefferson.

Hard call, but still Terrel Lewis still has ANOTHER year on his ROOKIE deal.

I get what your saying & responding before reading your last post.

I get what you’re saying,but I don’t see Gibson being there.His speed & numbers are excellent. BAMA has a GREAT HISTORY with RB’s.

Just to make my point on how I view things & the example above. Drew Bree’s took awhile to develop. IMO S.D. Screwed up by playing him that last game where he got hurt.
Every year I post over 30 years on Rams Sites. Talk about Loyal. I don’t post anywhere else. I was old NFL(rams OG) then stltodayrams..

I think this BAMA QB isn’t ready for The NFL.(Stroud either) & Gibson will be better early. Future ? RB’s 5 year self live.I know the Elite make it longer & todays medicine.Still what’s Henry Worth ? J. Jones still has more tread ? Just adding to examples off hand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
To be clear, I am not a wanna-be GM and never want to be. When I see special, I know it. Gibbs is Marshall Faulk light to me. His elusiveness ability IS like Marshall. His quick decisions through superior vision and spatial awareness, are also like Faulk's. He is a really good receiver with great hands as Marshall was...
Cam Aker's isn't even in the same universe talent-wise, as Jahmyr Gibbs. Since the NFL currently devalues the RB position, which will push a back down the draft, it may not take as much draft capital as you think. IF he is a lower 1st round draft pick, we do what it takes to get him.

There you GO ! We’ll talk draft day & see. The DRAFT is NEVER set in STONE!! I 1,000 % agree LOYAL.

EXCELLENT POST !! Love it

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My apologies as well.I’m caught up in The Moment,because after The Draft it is what it is & WE HAVE New RAMBIES!

Like it or not I really hope in The next 2 years Tutu Atwell goes off.
That Hunter Long makes those plays down the seam like his BD Days.

That The Rams B. HOPKINs becomes an All-PRO.What he did in the Superbowl was priceless.Then again at what price does The Rams continue to pay ?

—Question going into The Draft about The TE group.

Higbee is Excellent- couldn’t play in The Superbowl.Is always asked to carry the load,but is always getting hurt doing it.
(What’s left In The Tank?)

Hunter Long -( special teams ??)
—IMO it’s a need to carry 4 TE’s.

Brycen Hopkins from what I’ve seen doesn’t play much special teams. — I’ve Hatted Hopkins & said out loud what I thought. Thougthe should be CUT!! He works hard staying in shape &improving his game.He took to The Challenge.
(Is Hopkins in The Rams future?)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can watch HOF Edgerrin James as well. Where was Marshall Faulk drafted ? Ricky - was traded for what that year ?

LaDainian Thomason was a number 5 pick overall.Drew Brews was drafted #32 by San Diego 2001 as well.

Then again value by position of need. I WANTED Johnathan Taylor. Would have traded up.

I liked Dobbins & AJ Dillion.would have drafted both those players if not,instead of Cam Akers & Van Jefferson.

I get what you’re saying,but I don’t see Gibson being there.His speed & numbers are excellent. BAMA has a GREAT HISTORY with RB’s.

Just to make my point on how I view things & the example above. Drew Bree’s took awhile to develop. IMO S.D. Screwed up by playing him that last game where he got hurt.
Every year I post over 30 years on Rams Sites. Talk about Loyal. I don’t post anywhere else. I was old NFL(rams OG) then stltodayrams..

I think this BAMA QB isn’t ready for The NFL.(Stroud either) & Gibson will be better early. Future ? RB’s 5 year self live.I know the Elite make it longer & todays medicine.Still what’s Henry Worth ? J. Jones still has more tread ? Just adding to examples off hand.
I guess we'll see. Most likely the Rams won't do what I want them to and I'll be frustrated as hell. I don't often take up for a college player with a passion. I did for Aaron Donald before the draft. I even posted massive informal poll at RamsTalk. Posted user names and how they voted, and you may remember that (AD won). I again promoted a player a couple of years ago named Creed Humphrey, now a Pro Bowl Center while we limp along with Brian freakin' Allen. This year, it's Jahmyr Gibbs.

I don't do draft boards and am frankly bored with trying to do that. But when I see a player flash something special, it excites me and Gibbs did that for me. Some compare him Alvin Kamara? Maybe? All I know is that he will be a force in this league and I will kick myself if we miss the opportunity for greatness in him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess we'll see. Most likely the Rams won't do what I want them to and I'll be frustrated as hell. I don't often take up for a college player with a passion. I did for Aaron Donald before the draft. I even posted massive informal poll at RamsTalk. Posted user names and how they voted, and you may remember that (AD won). I again promoted a player a couple of years ago named Creed Humphrey, now a Pro Bowl Center while we limp along with Brian freakin' Allen. This year, it's Jahmyr Gibbs.

I don't do draft boards and am frankly bored with trying to do that. But when I see a player flash something special, it excites me and Gibbs did that for me. Some compare him Alvin Kamara? Maybe? All I know is that he will be a force in this league and I will kick myself if we miss the opportunity for greatness in him.

Well to see Creed pass The Rams by with No solid backup SUCKED!! I LOVE SEAN MCVaY & LES SNEAD!!

I’m just not understanding there evaluation going into a season through The Draft ?

They draft well in the backend,but can’t miss on Those Special players.

The Rams drafted AD99. Still should have traded back instead of Greg Robinson.

CAN YOU IMAGINE?? WOW!!
Talk about both players falling in their laps. At least AD99 is Still Ram History in The Making!!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Mayer has been compared to Gronk since he go to ND, He didn't quite live up to that but he is the whole package
and seems to be a safe pick for any suitor.
Kincaid is one of my favorite players in the draft, he can take over games and be nearly unstoppable in the passing game.
I hope he goes to the AFC so we don't see him as often.
Kincaid is 1 and Mayer 2

For us Washington, Musgrave, Kraft, Kuntz

oldnotdead

Legend
Hunter Long was considered by many to be the 4th ranked TE in his draft and and most gave him a 3rd or early 4th round grade. Considering the Rams probably were going to spend a 5th round pick on a TE this draft it saved them a pick. He's a receiving TE with ball skills. Not considered much of a blocker, which is a learned skill BTW. The bottom line is that Higbee was also considered a passing TE, with no blocking skills. He was also thought of as being a 3rd or 4th round talent. Just goes to show you how a mid-range player can develop with a good work ethic.

Hunter is more athletic with both timing about the same in terms of long speed. Long being more athletic has more potential in terms of being a receiver and perhaps a blocker. Higbee has always struggled with second level blocking. IMO the Rams saw a similar talent in Long that they saw in Higbee. So in their eyes, they figured they could be getting another young Higbee. If he can develop into a similar player, Hunter Long can justify his inclusion in the trade. Higbee is basically in a contract year, at 31 years old next year he won't be back. We need to wait and see what they have in Long before we write him off.

Personally, I find negative comments regarding Long coming out of Miami immediately after the trade suspicious and dubious at best. Good coaches would never behave that way, it was obviously personal. Until Long shows me differently I will wait and see how he is as a Ram. Hunter Long is the Ram's pick for Higbee's replacement no different than if they had drafted him.

Hopkins has been for whatever reason slow to develop. He's shown flashes, but IMO not enough. He was #3 on the depth chart behind UDFA Kendall Blanton in 2021 his second year. IMO this is his last year as a Ram. That noise he heard when Jalen got traded was the door closing on his career in LA. They might take a TE in the 6th or 7th round as TE3 but I think he would end up on the PS for this year.

muggmeister

Rookie

Hate to burst your bubble about Bama's GREAT HISTORY with RBs but look at the last 12 years. Eddie Lacy, Trent Richardson, TJ Yeldon are complete busts. Damien Harris (decent), Mark Ingram (never lived up to the Heisman), Derrick Henry (true stud), Najee Harris (jury still out, could be great still), Brian Robinson (again, TBD), and now Gibbs who couldn't crack a 1,000 yards in his lone season as the starter. Your rationale is slightly flawed IMO and I watched a most every game Bama played last year, nothing truly special. Akers was the number 1 rated RB out of high school and played on shitty FSU teams and still had a more productive college career than Gibbs. We need NFL caliber Guards and edge rushers with our top picks, not a 3rd down back who see the field 12 plays a game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hate to burst your bubble about Bama's GREAT HISTORY with RBs but look at the last 12 years. Eddie Lacy, Trent Richardson, TJ Yeldon are complete busts. Damien Harris (decent), Mark Ingram (never lived up to the Heisman), Derrick Henry (true stud), Najee Harris (jury still out, could be great still), Brian Robinson (again, TBD), and now Gibbs who couldn't crack a 1,000 yards in his lone season as the starter. Your rationale is slightly flawed IMO and I watched a most every game Bama played last year, nothing truly special. Akers was the number 1 rated RB out of high school and played on shitty FSU teams and still had a more productive college career than Gibbs. We need NFL caliber Guards and edge rushers with our top picks, not a 3rd down back who see the field 12 plays a game.
Well , I wouldn’t argue,but I still like the Bama’s RB’s. Think you missed the 1 who still playing. I like Frosky from ND. The Guards ?

Like I SAID MISTAKE,especially if The Rams go Guard again.Do I believe drafting an All Pro guard & starter for The Next 10 years is bad ? NO

The mistake is passing on Creed (3 other Center as well) & then reaching for Logan Bruss. That would be the mistake.

A’ Jackson could be the Savior,but keeping Bobby Evans last season MISTAKE! I will say ,actually I wouldn’t say.

Brian Allen was the 2nd string RG coming out of OTA’s!! He WON the Center spot at training Camp.

I give Brian Allen all The PHRASE in The football World for winning the spot & being The starting Center for The Superbowl Winning Rams.

Point being Careberry had Bobby Evans starting at RG & Austin Corbett starting center after The 2021 NFL DRAFT.

What’s the mistake ? Tutu Atwell ?No. it was not finding a Center Guard. I have no problem if that is the direction,but The Rams have find a 10 year starter.