WRs who best fit the Rams needs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What do people think of Demarcus Robinson as a good #2-3 WR? Especially if we can get him in the 6th rd or later
definitely....probably can get him as a UDFA.....I'd hope we have 6-8 new wrs in camp....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do people think of Demarcus Robinson as a good #2-3 WR? Especially if we can get him in the 6th rd or later

Can't stand him. Has all the physical ability with none of the want-to. Mentally and physically soft. Dances to avoid being hit. Runs the wrong routes. Gives crappy effort. Got suspended a number of times at UF. Guy has no heart.

If I'm going after a WR late in the draft, I'd rather go after an overachiever than a kid that gives no effort.

I don't doubt Robinson's physical ability but he's a turd. Could he turn it on mentally and become a quality NFL player? Yep. Certainly possible. But I'm not going to be the one making that bet.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Roger Lewis from Bowling Green would be a good later round WR.

He's 6'1" - 199 pnds

Pros:
- Good speed
- Great hands
- Top acceleration
- Play maker
- Solid route runner

Cans:
- Level of competition
- Strength, needs to grow as an athlete

( Pros / Cons taken from "TrueToFootball )

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From my limited viewing of Lewis, I like him a lot. Has some off the field baggage but he's a serious talent. Needs development and time. But he has a lot of potential.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

Roger Lewis from Bowling Green would be a good later round WR.

He's 6'1" - 199 pnds

Pros:
- Good speed
- Great hands
- Top acceleration
- Play maker
- Solid route runner

Cans:
- Level of competition
- Strength, needs to grow as an athlete

( Pros / Cons taken from "TrueToFootball )

I am pretty sure this guy was supposed to go to Ohio State, but he got charged with raping his ex and was only convicted of lesser charges. Ill pass there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am pretty sure this guy was supposed to go to Ohio State, but he got charged with raping his ex and was only convicted of lesser charges. Ill pass there.

Acquitted on one count. Hung jury on the other. Rather than retrying him, prosecutor offered him a deal to plead to lying to the police.(lied in one of his statements)

As far as I know, hasn't done anything since. NFL teams will have to dig into all that. But he was tried and not convicted, I can't write a kid off for that. Especially if he hasn't gotten in trouble since then.

fearsomefour

Legend
Marvin Jones is a 25 year old free agent. I don't buy for a second that he'll be signing a short term deal. Britt signed that deal because of his character issues. Jones will get a 4-5 year deal in the $6 million to $8 million a year range.
Football contracts are funny.
Long term deals can make sense for the team as, depending on the language, little of the latter years money may be guaranteed. I never understand why MLB teams give guys long term deals as MLB contracts are all guaranteed. If a pitcher signs a 6 year $70M deal and plays 3 years and is injured and sits three years, yep, he's getting full pay unless the language is different, which it usually is not. I would think NFL players would be smart enough to not buy into agents B.S. with being the highest paid player at their spot, or, you're getting a bigger deal than so and so. Who cares? All that matters is bonus money and what is guaranteed after year one.
If Jones was smart he could be signed to a shorter deal with a nice bonus and a higher rate of guarantee.

nighttrain

Legend
Fisher & his personnel has been poor (being kind here) in finding & drafting the wide outs who best fits his teams needs. Britt is the best WR we have and will be a expensive cost wise WR in comparison to what he brings game day but he is all Fisher has & due to that Fisher can not consider releasing an over paid player. Tavon Austin is a combination of a Slot/punt returner/running back/part time wide out offensive player here. Next up is slot pass catcher Bradley Marquez.

Fisher has went through the following WR's since 2012:
Amendola
Gibson
Givens
Smith
Quick
Pettis
Bailey
Veltrung
Williams
Toon
Welker
Long

Non of the above WR's would seem to be best fits for previous Fisher Ram team needs. Who will throw the ball would have to enter this question would it not in order to find out who would fit? Not a great draft for WR's but it does have a few that would fit with any NFL team.
without a better QB, probably makes no difference what WR we draft, gotta have a QB that can get the ball there consistently, Case is a good backup, but thats all
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Football contracts are funny.
Long term deals can make sense for the team as, depending on the language, little of the latter years money may be guaranteed. I never understand why MLB teams give guys long term deals as MLB contracts are all guaranteed. If a pitcher signs a 6 year $70M deal and plays 3 years and is injured and sits three years, yep, he's getting full pay unless the language is different, which it usually is not. I would think NFL players would be smart enough to not buy into agents B.S. with being the highest paid player at their spot, or, you're getting a bigger deal than so and so. Who cares? All that matters is bonus money and what is guaranteed after year one.
If Jones was smart he could be signed to a shorter deal with a nice bonus and a higher rate of guarantee.

This might surprise you...but I agree 110%.

WvuIN02

Starter
Boyd would be a great pickup if he lasts till the 2nd, hes my favorite receiver in this class and I think will be better than Treadwell or Doctson when all is said and done.

Was hoping to see Henry fall to round 2 along with Boyd in a dream scenario and pick them both up, but now I can't see any scenario where Henry would get past Pittsburgh at 25 with Heath Miller retiring.