Wrath of Khan was the Best Star Trek movie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just have watched a few Star Trek movies on BBC America. I remembered again why I thought it was the best in the series.I grew up on the original tv series and the story revisted in "the Wrath, "was started in the original series with a ship of cryogenically frozen humans from earth which had left earth in the 1990's? They were a ship full of geneticaly enhanced humans who were made to become rulers of dictatorships on earth, but something went wrong ad they escaped on the ship towards a different planet that they could rule. Of course Kirk wins and exhiles Khan and his supermen/women on a planet with supplies, and Khan says this to Kirk as they maroon them on the planet.
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven." ~ Paradise Lost

Khan shows up 15 years later when a different Star ship shows up thinking the planet is a sister planet to Khan's, not knowing the sister planet exploded and they landed on Khan's horror of a planet Atmosphere and climate changed radically, and Khan blames Kirk for not checking on them in the intervening years. In any case, Khan and his survivors take control of a starship and they go after Kirk and the Enterprise.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold..." ~ Khan

I liked this one most, becaause Khan was/is a great evil character, played by Ricardo Montalban and a major character in the old cast dies in it. Spock dies in the end. Only the red shirts with no names died in the show, so this was a big thing...
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one" ~ Spock.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was really good I enjoyed all of them even the reboots but Kahn is probably my favorite too.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
It was really good I enjoyed all of them even the reboots but Kahn is probably my favorite too.
I liked TWOK the most from the original series of movies. But my favorite movies are from the new series. I like the first one the most then the second one with Khan. The third movie sucks.
Best-
serveimage

Next Best-
serveimage

Worst-
serveimage

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked TWOK the most from the original series of movies. But my favorite movies are from the new series. I like the first one the most then the second one with Khan. The third movie sucks.
Best-
serveimage

Next Best-
serveimage

Worst-
serveimage
The first was great but I’m geek enough to have enjoyed them all. Even the third which to me was a new storyline. I’m also really enjoying the Discovery tv series.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
The first was great but I’m geek enough to have enjoyed them all. Even the third which to me was a new storyline. I’m also really enjoying the Discovery tv series.
ST Beyond appears to have killed the new series of movies. It's a shame since I like the new movie series character development and the special effects IMO are second to none.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's interesting to me, is that I was a fan of Star Trek and Star Wars on the 70's, and even though there have been some weak Star Trek movies, I have been so underwhelmed by the many Star Wars offerings that I barely slow down in clicking away from a Star Wars movie on TV, when I sat and watched 2 full Star Trek movies, back to back...lol

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Wrath of Khan was the shit. I loved that movie. The rest of the Star Wars movies with the old crew were either too slow or too complex.

The new ones a pretty good.