WR Packages

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TShram03

UDFA
Britt/Quick

Britt/Bailey

Quick/Bailey

Which duo ends up with most snaps in base 21/12 personnel, whether Tavon is on the field or not?

Which duo is your preferred tandem?

Britt/Quick has got to be the preference due to dynamic ratios (size x athleticism), but Sted just seems so damn smooth and reliable...

**I'm not really considering Tavon a WR for this exercise. He'll of course get his 1st-team # of snaps every game, but they will come from different positions on the field, RB and WR**

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
After Britt, I think the #2 spot gets equal snaps for Quick and Baily. Baily is the true WR per all reports...and Quick, the better athlete is still learning and will be a stud, but it is good to throw more looks at a defense. Baily will have 40+ receptions I hope, with Quick at 45 or so---I hope.

reggae

After Britt, I think the #2 spot gets equal snaps for Quick and Baily. Baily is the true WR per all reports...and Quick, the better athlete is still learning and will be a stud, but it is good to throw more looks at a defense. Baily will have 40+ receptions I hope, with Quick at 45 or so---I hope.
I don't know where you get this. Britt/quick is the base set. Everyone else rotates on package. Unless I'm missing something.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I don't know about you guys, but I'm happy if we've got a fight on for which WR we have on the field - Britt/Quick, Britt/Austin, Britt/Bailey, Austin/Bailey, Britt/Givens, Britt/Pettis - its all good, as long as they catch the ball, get those yards after catch and secure a first down - they're all capable of being top WRs - in the right play formation. My jury is still out on Quick though, he's an "I'll believe it when I see it" guy for me I'm sorry.

What excites me is that we have plenty of variety.

Austin, Bailey, Britt, Givens, Pettis, Quick add in Cook and Kendricks thats not a bad list of ball-catchers guys - as long as they can catch the ball :whistle:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I don't know where you get this. Britt/quick is the base set. Everyone else rotates on package. Unless I'm missing something.
I agree; I just think over time, depending on oppenent and game situations that Baily will rotate in 50% with Britt or Quick....(more likely QUick)....we still have 4 weeks to game day.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Well, based on what we have seen so far in camp, when they go the a 2 WR set, they have stayed pretty consistent with the pairings. Britt and Quick have gotten the majority of the 1st unit reps, but in yesterday's practice, the duo of Austin and Bailey got the lions share. Then you have Givens and Pettis rounding out the sets among the top units.

All the "other" personnel groupings are based off these pairings. Whether it be Austin joining Britt/Quick, or Quick joining Austin/Bailey, IMO you are going to see these sort of sets even into the season.

I expect Britt and Quick (assuming they continue to perfrom at the level they have to this point) to garner the majority of the reps, with Austin working in as the slot receiver in the 3 WR sets. But I can see there being plenty of Austin/Bailey mixed in depending on down and distance as well.

At the point, Givens looks to be a "depth" guy who will be used almost in the role that Quick has seen over the past two years. And Pettis is Pettis. As soon as you think they have finally found his replacement, he still manages to find a way to contribute.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
It wasn't what I was expecting, but I'm starting to dig the idea of Britt and Quick. Thinking about how much success the Bears had last year, making things a little easier for Bradford to hit a couple big targets (3 with Cook), Dr. Ram's point yesterday about the downfield blocking, slipping Austin in the slot for a diversity of skills standpoint...I like it.

TShram03

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For those that are proponents of using Tavon out of the backfield (whether he begins the play there or motions into backfield) -- of which I am one -- what type of grouping do you wanna see on the field with him?

For me:

Britt and Quick on the perimeter, Cook as a motion from slot to slot, and Harkey/Kendricks as a H-Back in-line or in the backfield.

If Tavon actually gets the ball, that's just about the best possible blocking you can get on the field for him. If he's used as a PA decoy, Sam still has two guys on the edge who can outmuscle 1v1 coverage. If safeties leave middle of the field to help corners or focus too much on Tavon's movements, hello Cookie and/or Kendricks.

Can't wait to see combos/packages this year with further developed skill group...

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Britt and Quick on the outside
Bailey in the slot
Tavon in the backfield
Cook or Kendricks inline

Would be real dangerous to me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If it's Britt and Quick as the top 2 that's GOOD news! It would certainly be a physical duo to contend with.

I like Givens more situationally. I think it will open up more opportunities for him when he's on the field... i.e. A chance to catch some people off guard with his speed.

With Tavon and Cook moving around forcing teams to adjust... It has the potential to be nasty!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm sure Quick will be on 1-WR sets with his blocking skills. Despite some of the unproven talent we have with our receiving corps, they do have diverse skillsets: Givens the burner, Austin the gadget player, Quick with excellent blocking skills, Britt the veteran, Pettis the chains mover, and Bailey the route runner.

I know Schotty likes to design plays that throw DBs off balance so let's hope he doesn't over think them and just let guys play to their strengths while masking weaknesses like what Williams will do for our defense.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'll wait on this one...because when it comes to down and distance...we CANNOT forget how instrumental Pettis was on 3rd down...but he has to earn his spot too.

THE COMPETITION IS KEEN!