WR adjustments

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
This is interesting, looking at sporting charts dropped pass percentage, my man Quick is the highest at 20% drops,
Then it's Cunningham at 14.3%, which is whatever, I remember at least one of his drops being and ugly hurried pass for a check down into rough coverage.

Then Kendricks at 12.5%
Britt at 11.5%
Cook at 8.6%
Bailey at 4.5%
Gurley and Austin at 0%?!

Yet our team leads in drops percentage at 7%

Still, I really do really wonder about a site that lists Givens as a Ram.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What about plays where the WR was in the wrong place and defensed passes. Also, I am pretty sure Britt has dropped more than 3 passes. I remember 2 in the last 3 games.
There isn't anyone outside the team that knows what play is called and what happened during the play that might have the QB and WR not on the same page. The stats are from sportingcharts.com http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

bskrilla

Starter
I was shocked that they didn't throw a fade to Quick in the red-zone against San Francisco.
I must have asked for/expected this about 6 different times on Sunday.

Has the staff forgotten about this?!

maximus

Rookie
I must have asked for/expected this about 6 different times on Sunday.

Has the staff forgotten about this?!

He landed on his shoulder. The staff probably do not want that to happen again, not this year at least.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Stats are great...but they are only part of the story.... I trust what I see as much as I trust stats.
Me too like when Foles throws the ball 10 feet over the head of TA who is open on the sideline or leads Cook out of bounds. There are problems with the simplicity and execution. Hopefully it will continue to improve, there is lots of room for it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He landed on his shoulder. The staff probably do not want that to happen again, not this year at least.

Only one way to know if that shoulder is gonna hold up. Throw the dude the ball.

I'd run him heavy on slants and if the look's there hit him on sluggo's, he is an ideal sized WR for that route combination with his big frame. Foles can throw that route very well, and he's got the balls to put it up. Everyone knows Foles loves big targets, so let's get him involved.

If he gets hurt again or fails to step up, fine, we know what we have. But week to week they need to be giving Quick and Bailey shots to show what they can do. Those two are the guys who are still all potential right now, let's find out what they can do by making it a point to get them involved.

lockdnram21

Legend
This is interesting, looking at sporting charts dropped pass percentage, my man Quick is the highest at 20% drops,
Then it's Cunningham at 14.3%, which is whatever, I remember at least one of his drops being and ugly hurried pass for a check down into rough coverage.

Then Kendricks at 12.5%
Britt at 11.5%
Cook at 8.6%
Bailey at 4.5%
Gurley and Austin at 0%?!

Yet our team leads in drops percentage at 7%

Still, I really do really wonder about a site that lists Givens as a Ram.
Quicks is high because his lack of targets magnified it

lockdnram21

Legend
Stats are great...but they are only part of the story.... I trust what I see as much as I trust stats.
Yea but for instance. People were mad because of the interception where Cook stopped. People dogging Cook. Then I see Fisher say that Cook did what he was supposed to do and Foles threw it to farr

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I heard D Farr from 101ESPN say that he believes the issue with Quick is based on Quick's inability to adjust his route on check with me's called at the line. In essence, Quick can run the original route but may be making mistakes when last minute adjustments are made at the line and ends up being in the wrong place. (I am paraphrasing.) Also, during the coach's show last night Fisher seemed aggravated when someone asked if Quick was going to get more balls thrown to him.
While Quick has the athletic ability to be the player we need, it appears that he will never reach his ceiling with the Rams. Questionable scouting (didn't identify the learning issue) and bad coaching (they never were able to simplify his assignments to enable him to flourish) have made this a bad signing.

Britt has returned to past form (after getting a new contract...hmmm). It doesn't appear Foles can find Bailey, or he isn't open, or he is never the primary receiver.....

I am now in the camp that says we need to draft a top receiver with unquestionable hands.

I am also with in that camp. I split time in that camp and the camp where we sit around and wonder why GRob isn't a guard while discussing drafting another LT. It's sometimes lonely in that one.

I agree about Quick. Even his "good" year he only had four games out of seven where he had big impact. It's a blown pick, IMO, and it would be best to just move on and let someone else wonder why he doesn't play as good as he should. Britt should be moving on next year as well. That's at this point. They're probably not going anywhere this year and there's lots of season left for improvement.

Big Willie

Starter
I am not
I am also with in that camp. I split time in that camp and the camp where we sit around and wonder why GRob isn't a guard while discussing drafting another LT. It's sometimes lonely in that one.

I agree about Quick. Even his "good" year he only had four games out of seven where he had big impact. It's a blown pick, IMO, and it would be best to just move on and let someone else wonder why he doesn't play as good as he should. Britt should be moving on next year as well. That's at this point. They're probably not going anywhere this year and there's lots of season left for improvement.
I am not there yet with G Rob, but I am getting closer. A little better play at QB, WR, LT, and Center and I think we got a playoff team.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Agree with you guys. I'd like to see us try and proactively get Quick involved in the game early and often. Get him a target on every possession. Try and build his confidence back. He could really be what the offense needs because of his height/weight/speed attributes and the fact that he's the only guy we've got who can go up and contest a jump ball with DB's AND have the speed threat to take the top off of the d.

I would certainly not be averse to trading for Jefferey as well - then you could have him and Britt for now - and if, just IF Quick gets back to where he was and then grows some more into the receiver his talent says he could be - we'd have a huge pair of targets on the outside for Foles and Tavon Austin as our weapon.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I am not

I am not there yet with G Rob, but I am getting closer. A little better play at QB, WR, LT, and Center and I think we got a playoff team.

I've come around on Barnes. I questioned him before the season started. Now I question why the hell he didn't replace Scott Wells last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've come around on Barnes. I questioned him before the season started. Now I question why the hell he didn't replace Scott Wells last year.

I'm happy to eat that massive plate of crow on Barnes as well man. I was convinced if he was nothing more than a backup, but he's gettin it done no doubt.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yea but for instance. People were mad because of the interception where Cook stopped. People dogging Cook. Then I see Fisher say that Cook did what he was supposed to do and Foles threw it to farr

He didn't say Cook wasn't at fault or that Foles was. I think what he said in Fisher speak is we aren't going to blame Cook. Last night he said he didn't want Cook getting down on himself and not playing well. I think Cook is a head case.

Cook's biggest issue isn't drops, it's WHEN he drops it. Almost all must catch plays, he drops, like 3rd downs and TDs.

RamzFanz

Damnit
And #15 WR and ST player Bradley Marquez get his first pass against the Niners. That must indicate something. There's just no need to do that right now.

maximus

Rookie
And #15 WR and ST player Bradley Marquez get his first pass against the Niners. That must indicate something. There's just no need to do that right now.

Why not? This offense needs any help it can get. It needs WR's who do not drop or fumble. If Marquez turns up to be reliable, what is the problem?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Why not? This offense needs any help it can get. It needs WR's who do not drop or fumble. If Marquez turns up to be reliable, what is the problem?

None. It wasn't a negative comment. I was saying something may be up because it's not necessary. With Tavon, Bailey, Quick and Britt, it just isn't something you expect when targets are so limited.

fearsomefour

Legend
Agreed. The passing game must improve. Facing a more...solid, maybe mistake free? team in the Vikings could expose the bad passing attack more. We're lucky that the Bengals, outside of the rest of our division games minus the Whiners, are the only tough D left. So time to figure it out.

Or, my preference, friggen trading for Jeffery.
I would like to add Jeffery if the price is right, but, that alone won't fix it in my humble opinion....but, it certainly wouldn't hurt.