Wow. This guy deserves a heavy suspension and fine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
One game isn't nearly enough. One game is laughable, considering Detroit's going to be in the playoffs. And if Raiola's had as many incidents as the NFL says he has, then he should have the book thrown at him.

A lot of this stuff, punishments for infractions, is mandated by the CBA, so unless they amend it they have to stick to what the bylaws say. That's why Rice originally only got two games, and people went crazy on Goodell even though that was what the CBA allowed. Of course later they were able to rightfully correct that.

They should also correct this. Four games for a first offense, one year for a second and AMF for a third.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A lot of this stuff, punishments for infractions, is mandated by the CBA, so unless they amend it they have to stick to what the bylaws say. That's why Rice originally only got two games, and people went crazy on Goodell even though that was what the CBA allowed. Of course later they were able to rightfully correct that.

They should also correct this. Four games for a first offense, one year for a second and AMF for a third.

Raiola's had three offenses this year alone, two in one game. It's a joke that he's going to be suiting up for the playoffs. It's an absolute joke - and a bad one at that.

For the record, I know you're right on this. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
That was hilarious........how did you find it..........I'm disturbed and impressed that you knew it existed.
There's a bunch of them out there (though unfortunately not YouTube because of rights issues). Try searching either DailyMotion or CollegeHumor for "literal video".

The whole concept is that since videos are weird, they're switching around the lyrics of the song to reflect what is actually going on at the moment. My favorites are "Take On Me" (the first one done), "Total Eclipse of the Heart", "(I Would Do) Anything For Love" and "Making Love Out of Nothing At All".

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I retract my original statement, it wasn't a late hit but it was unnecessary roughness.

CookedSevereElephant.gif
I just heard Fisher say in his presser that Ogletree was pulled by his facemask on top of OBJ. That's worth a shove, I'd say.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I just heard Fisher say in his presser that Ogletree was pulled by his facemask on top of OBJ. That's worth a shove, I'd say.

If that's what happened, and then Beckham hit him in the head with the ball, Beckham got away lightly.

I can't see that as being the case though. Ogletree keeps pumping his legs driving OBJ to the ground. If his intent were to just push him out, wouldn't he be stopping?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

At that speed that should be a no call! He hit him in bounds and thee was no let up because they dragged to the ground. It got a flag because of how far out of bounds they fell but man that should have been a fucking no call.

@RamzFanz he took one step after going out of bounds before going towards the ground. Thats no biggie.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I don't know...he was running real fast hit him drove him backwards and then out of bounds. ...took two steps both still on white before they both went to the ground.

Go Rams......... ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
At that speed that should be a no call! He hit him in bounds and thee was no let up because they dragged to the ground. It got a flag because of how far out of bounds they fell but man that should have been a freaking no call.
It was a no-call on the tackle, I thought. Didn't he get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct instead, due to the after-the-play stuff?

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I don't know...he was running real fast hit him drove him backwards and then out of bounds. ...took two steps both still on white before they both went to the ground.

Go Rams......... ;)

meaning it is very possible that his facemask was being held.....very possible. ...... ;)

Go Rams........... ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It was a no-call on the tackle, I thought. Didn't he get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct instead, due to the after-the-play stuff?

My mistake I thought it was for a out of bounds hit. nobluefont

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...a-loses-appeal-will-miss-sunday-at-green-bay/

Dominic Raiola loses appeal, will miss Sunday at Green Bay
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 23, 2014

raiola.jpeg
Getty Images

Lions center Dominic Raiola is officially suspended for Sunday’s game at Green Bay.

Raiola has lost the appeal of his one-game suspension for stepping on the ankle of Bears defensive lineman Ego Ferguson.

Hall of Fame linebacker Derrick Brooks made the final determination on Raiola’s suspension. Brooks was jointly appointed by the league and the players’ union as an appeals officer for disciplinary matters related to on-field infractions.

Sunday’s game will be the first time in Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford’s career that he’s had anyone other than Raiola as his starting center. Rookie Travis Swanson will get the start in Raiola’s absence.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He got off waaay too easy.

Sadly, I suspect the penalty would have been more severe if he broke the guy's ankle - and that's what's really wrong here.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...a-loses-appeal-will-miss-sunday-at-green-bay/

Dominic Raiola loses appeal, will miss Sunday at Green Bay
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 23, 2014

raiola.jpeg
Getty Images

Lions center Dominic Raiola is officially suspended for Sunday’s game at Green Bay.

Raiola has lost the appeal of his one-game suspension for stepping on the ankle of Bears defensive lineman Ego Ferguson.

Hall of Fame linebacker Derrick Brooks made the final determination on Raiola’s suspension. Brooks was jointly appointed by the league and the players’ union as an appeals officer for disciplinary matters related to on-field infractions.

Sunday’s game will be the first time in Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford’s career that he’s had anyone other than Raiola as his starting center. Rookie Travis Swanson will get the start in Raiola’s absence.
Wow, I was shocked he bothered appealing.

He was obviously going to lose it, but if the appeal wasn't resolved so quickly, he could have ended up being there for this game, then being out for a playoff game instead.

NFL still needs to address the slaps on the wrist it gives out for everything except PEDs though.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Anyone want him? Not me, just checking. :sneaky:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-wont-bring-dominic-raiola-back-next-season/

Report: Lions won’t bring Dominic Raiola back next season
Posted by Josh Alper on January 19, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwewotexotjjnmyxmje2nzhjngu5mgnhnmjjndfmndqy.jpeg
Getty Images

It has been a long time since the Lions have started a season without center Dominic Raiola on the roster, but it looks like that run will be coming to an end in 2015.

Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports that the Lions have informed Raiola that they do not plan on re-signing him this offseason. Raiola signed a one-year deal to return for a 14th season with the Lions last year and Raiola started all but one game in the regular season and playoffs.

He missed that one game serving a suspension for stepping on Bears defensive tackle Ego Ferguson and rookie Travis Swanson stepped into the lineup in his place. Swanson will be the first man up to replace Raiola over the long term, assuming that the knee injury he suffered in the playoff loss to the Cowboys doesn’t cause him any problems during the offseason.

Raiola said at the end of the season that he was optimistic about a return to the Lions, which certainly suggests he plans to keep playing in 2015. How much interest there will be in a 36-year-old who didn’t play great in 2014 remains to be seen, but it wouldn’t be surprising if Raiola’s reached the end of the line after 14 years in Detroit.