Would you trade our 2016 3'rd for ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Johnny Manziel & Josh Gordon ?
Although I wouldn't have drafted him in the 1'st round as Cleveland did, I value him enough to get him into camp considering how cheap his CAP cost would be to us. I'd definitely consider trading our 3'rd round pick for Manziel & the rights to Josh Gordon (2016 RFA). Both players may be immature idiots, but with some proper mentoring, maybe they are a little more prepared to get serious now. Even if Manziel turns out to be no better than a # 2, seems worth the gamble. jmo.

FRO

Legend
Not a chance. Manziel is a marginal talent with off field issues. He was given a chance to be a starter and the face of the franchise and he decided that partying and lying to coaches was the best way forward. After reading the Carson Palmer article I want a QB that will put in the time to be great and execute the finest details of the offense. Manziel may end up making exciting plays. He may put up great numbers at times. I don't see him doing the small things to be great and to help a team win it all.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
LOL, nope. Both are addicts, and Manziel is a woman-beating addict. No thanks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No chance. Would not even consider it.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Not a chance. Manziel is a marginal talent with off field issues. He was given a chance to be a starter and the face of the franchise and he decided that partying and lying to coaches was the best way forward. After reading the Carson Palmer article I want a QB that will put in the time to be great and execute the finest details of the offense. Manziel may end up making exciting plays. He may put up great numbers at times. I don't see him doing the small things to be great and to help a team win it all.

That Palmer article opened my eyes too. Not just to what a QB should be doing but also what great coaching does in terms of preparation. That's what I want for the Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We may not agree on everything but this is an incredibly intelligent post. Spot on. At almost any position other than QB, I can deal with having a guy that doesn't eat, sleep, and breathe football. Don't get me wrong. I want guys that do that. But if you're a talented enough guy, you can get away with it. But not at QB. It has to be your life. It has to be your passion. It has to be your first love. You have to be dedicated to the game and yourself. You have to be a perfectionist. You have to be humble enough to recognize your faults. Those are things you have to be in order to be great. Manziel cares more about himself than the team. Manziel cares more about having a good time than doing his job. Manziel is a distraction.

I don't want him. I want a guy that I know will go above and beyond without the coach having to have his foot up his ass.

Who is at that guy? I think it could be any of the top 4 QBs in the 2016 NFL Draft.(Goff, Lynch, Cook, and Wentz) But odds are that it will only be 1 or 2 of them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We may not agree on everything but this is an incredibly intelligent post. Spot on. At almost any position other than QB, I can deal with having a guy that doesn't eat, sleep, and breathe football. Don't get me wrong. I want guys that do that. But if you're a talented enough guy, you can get away with it. But not at QB. It has to be your life. It has to be your passion. It has to be your first love. You have to be dedicated to the game and yourself. You have to be a perfectionist. You have to be humble enough to recognize your faults. Those are things you have to be in order to be great. Manziel cares more about himself than the team. Manziel cares more about having a good time than doing his job. Manziel is a distraction.

I don't want him. I want a guy that I know will go above and beyond without the coach having to have his foot up his ass.

Who is at that guy? I think it could be any of the top 4 QBs in the 2016 NFL Draft.(Goff, Lynch, Cook, and Wentz) But odds are that it will only be 1 or 2 of them.

"God given talent is no replacement for hard work". That should be the motto of every player in the league IMO

I recall when Romo made it big and Flacco and Ben were on the seen, some draft guy, might have been Cossell - if given the choice between the highly rated recruit that went to a big school like USC, that had gret coaching and great weapons around him - and a small school kid that the top schools didn't want out of high school and doesnt have the same level of coaching or weapons around him and if they seem pretty even in evaluations - he would take the small school kid because he had to work harder to be good, and that shows his dedication.

Wentz, and Lynch fit that description.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And no @Riverumbbq there is no way I would take either one, even if it was a sixth rounder. If a player parties and does drugs when they have a chance to fulfill a dream that they worked hard to achieve and feel that once they got the money it is time for non stop celebration to lap up the adoration of the leeches around him, Thn they don't care about being a great football player. They already reached their goal.

Athos

Legend
tumblr_m9t9sot19G1r1qmov.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember that play where Flipper Anderson caught the pass, ran thru the end zone and out of the stadium?
Well we'd be sure to see that if we brought those 2 to the Rams!!
Of course it also would likely happen in the 2nd quarter, during a 2nd down. When the Rams were playing D.....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Remember that play where Flipper Anderson caught the pass, ran thru the end zone and out of the stadium?
Well we'd be sure to see that if we brought those 2 to the Rams!!
Of course it also would likely happen in the 2nd quarter, during a 2nd down. When the Rams were playing D.....

LOL funny stuff.

FRO

Legend

My posts are always intelligent.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hell Yeah!!!!

Looks like it's just you and me.

If i'm Kroenke, and Fisher gets his 5'th year, I tell him he can NOT pick a QB high in the 2016 draft (first 3 rounds). Fisher is responsible for Foles, Keenum & Mannion (as well as the crazy Foles extension), and all 3 of them were brought here at the beginning of this season. After year 5 Fisher gets re-evaluated, and if he's finally produced a winner, only then let him draft another QB in the upper rounds. If Fish gets sacked, let his replacement choose our QB of the future prior to the 2017 season. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like it's just you and me.

If i'm Kroenke, and Fisher gets his 5'th year, I tell him he can NOT pick a QB high in the 2016 draft (first 3 rounds). Fisher is responsible for Foles, Keenum & Mannion (as well as the crazy Foles extension), and all 3 of them were brought here at the beginning of this season. After year 5 Fisher gets re-evaluated, and if he's finally produced a winner, only then let him draft another QB in the upper rounds. If Fish gets sacked, let his replacement choose our QB of the future prior to the 2017 season. jmo.

That's a terrible plan.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That's a terrible plan.

It's a terrible plan because you want Goff at just about any cost. If the Rams are determined to draft a QB high in the draft this season, it should be done by a HC who will also be here long-term, someone who sees a perfect scheme fit.

I don't want to see us repeating the same mistake we made with Bradford, bringing in a top QB who will be manhandled due to a poor supporting cast, as well as a number of OC's and HC's. I can wait a year on a 'Franchise' type QB while we build up the quality of our O-line and receivers rather than spend our 1'st & possibly both 2'nds or more to move up to jump Cleveland & San Francisco.

Like it or not, Manziel should be cheap enough to be a throwaway if he doesn't work out, at least he can scramble while we try to build an effective OL. I'm not a big Manziel fan, nor much of a Mannion fan, but I can see them as being inexpensive competitors/alternatives to blowing up the 2016 draft while we strengthen the OL, receiving corps and depth from potential free agent losses. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a terrible plan because you want Goff at just about any cost. If the Rams are determined to draft a QB high in the draft this season, it should be done by a HC who will also be here long-term, someone who sees a perfect scheme fit.

I don't want to see us repeating the same mistake we made with Bradford, bringing in a top QB who will be manhandled due to a poor supporting cast, as well as a number of OC's and HC's. I can wait a year on a 'Franchise' type QB while we build up the quality of our O-line and receivers rather than spend our 1'st & possibly both 2'nds or more to move up to jump Cleveland & San Francisco.

Like it or not, Manziel should be cheap enough to be a throwaway if he doesn't work out, at least he can scramble while we try to build an effective OL. I'm not a big Manziel fan, nor much of a Mannion fan, but I can see them as being inexpensive competitors/alternatives to blowing up the 2016 draft while we strengthen the OL, receiving corps and depth from potential free agent losses. jmo.

It's a terrible plan because you want to go into next year with the same QBs we have this year. Have you watched the team this year?

And no, I don't want Goff at just about any cost. Try again. I rarely have us drafting Goff in my mocks because I'm not willing to mortgage the future for him.

Like it or not, I don't want Manziel. I don't like his attitude or work habits. I don't want him in our locker-room.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It's a terrible plan because you want to go into next year with the same QBs we have this year. Have you watched the team this year?

And no, I don't want Goff at just about any cost. Try again. I rarely have us drafting Goff in my mocks because I'm not willing to mortgage the future for him.

Like it or not, I don't want Manziel. I don't like his attitude or work habits. I don't want him in our locker-room.

Manziel is not the same QB as last year & Mannion is yet to start. Their CAP hits would be negligible. Foles is only kept as the vet back-up because he is too expensive to cut, and besides eating his huge 'dead-money' cost, we'd still have to find another vet replacement at additional cost. Foles sucks, I get that, but as a distant back-up next year, if it's still necessary to bring him in due to an injury, at least he'd have an improved OL & receivers for support. And in 2017, his 'dead-money' cost drops tremendously. I have big doubts after the Fisher/Foles extension, that Fisher drop kicks Foles completely off the roster, that's truly admitting defeat and perhaps reason enough on its own merits for Kroenke to fire Fisher/Snead.

If Fisher is truly in job saving mode next season, he'll need his expensive 1'st round QB draft pick to start immediately, ... and win. Do you really see it working out that way ? Fisher's best shot at winning/saving his job next year is not a rookie QB who should probably be sitting on the bench, not unless we magically & massively improve our receivers and OL all at the same time.

The Rams may just lose out and make a Goff/Lynch pick without it costing more than our 1'st possible, but right now we are 8'th in the draft order, so this is where I have to make judgements from until next week. Every draft pick we give up for a QB likely weakens our already poor depth, and it will only get worse if some of our own potential free agents start defecting. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Manziel is not the same QB as last year & Mannion is yet to start. Their CAP hits would be negligible. Foles is only kept as the vet back-up because he is too expensive to cut, and besides eating his huge 'dead-money' cost, we'd still have to find another vet replacement at additional cost. Foles sucks, I get that, but as a distant back-up next year, if it's still necessary to bring him in due to an injury, at least he'd have an improved OL & receivers for support. And in 2017, his 'dead-money' cost drops tremendously. I have big doubts after the Fisher/Foles extension, that Fisher drop kicks Foles completely off the roster, that's truly admitting defeat and perhaps reason enough on its own merits for Kroenke to fire Fisher/Snead.

If Fisher is truly in job saving mode next season, he'll need his expensive 1'st round QB draft pick to start immediately, ... and win. Do you really see it working out that way ? Fisher's best shot at winning/saving his job next year is not a rookie QB who should probably be sitting on the bench, not unless we magically & massively improve our receivers and OL all at the same time.

The Rams may just lose out and make a Goff/Lynch pick without it costing more than our 1'st possible, but right now we are 8'th in the draft order, so this is where I have to make judgements from until next week. Every draft pick we give up for a QB likely weakens our already poor depth, and it will only get worse if some of our own potential free agents start defecting. jmo.

Manziel isn't the same QB as last year...yet he gets benched for partying after promising he wouldn't and then lying to the team about it. Sounds like the same QB.

Fisher and Foles should both be dropped off the roster.