Would you trade a first round pick for Larry Fitzgerald?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Interesting discussion going on over at ASFN about Larry's actual value to the team now and moving forward. Since 2009, his numbers have suffered with all of the turmoil at the QB position for AZ and they owe him a LOT of money starting next year.

Since the Rams have two first rounders and WR continues to be a need, would you make this trade? I'd certainly consider it if Fitz restructures his deal.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
In a heartbeat, even if it meant having to cut or restructure an existing player to make the money work.
As long as the player cut isnt SB.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
No ,and here is why:
Austin Pettis.........WTF!?!?!?
He's in his third year and having a career year,22 catches already, Quick flashed some absolute brilliance last Sunday, he and Givens are "on the cusp".
We really have much greater needs and IMO we have a potential for an all star lineup in the young guys we have WITHOUT considering the rookies

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
No, because he's too old.

I would love to have him, no doubt, but the guy is starting to get long in the tooth. For a first round pick you should be getting someone entering their prime.

Heck, we got a hall of fame RB (Faulk) for a 2nd round pick, back when RB were still valuable. That should tell you something

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
brokeu91 said:
No, because he's too old.

I would love to have him, no doubt, but the guy is starting to get long in the tooth. For a first round pick you should be getting someone entering their prime.

Heck, we got a hall of fame RB (Faulk) for a 2nd round pick, back when RB were still valuable. That should tell you something
yeah that too

jap

Legend
I threw this idea out in the past when Kurt retired and Fitz had no competent QB to get him the ball. Fitz is older now and has only so much time left.

Besides, it is better for us to shore up the OL with solid run/pass blockers in preparation for when the old guard (i.e., Harvey Dahl, Scott Wells) leaves.

nighttrain

Legend
not today, age and how much longer he plays at the highest level my concern. #1's are to valuable
train

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
Ill pass on fitz for a 1st rd pick. I rather use that pick on anything but a wr. I do like what we have at wr. Now if it was a case where player x would push the rams over the hump then yes. This team has to many humps to get over to use a 1st rd on a wr.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Nope.
He's has way to much of a cap hit. If a team was 1 WR away from greatness and he could put them over the top. sure.
For the Rams he's worth a 4th and has to take a big pay cut.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
No. But I'd trade both first rounders for Patrick Peterson.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hell yeah, dude is a stud, and no he's not "long in the tooth."

He'd be good for 5 years, @ least.

But here's the thing, it would fuck up the youth movement. There's already 4 guys still developing and it wouldn't be fair to Austin Pettis who's worked his ass off to be where he is.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely.

But Arizona won't trade him for that and he has too high of a cap number anyways.

What are the odds that you're going to get a guy like Fitzgerald with a 1st round pick?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
Hell yeah, dude is a stud, and no he's not "long in the tooth."

He'd be good for 5 years, @ least.

But here's the thing, it would freak up the youth movement. There's already 4 guys still developing and it wouldn't be fair to Austin Pettis who's worked his ass off to be where he is.

Let Pettis, Givens and Austin rotate. It's Larry Fitzgerald. That guy would do wonders for Bradford.

Issue is that even if a 1st got it done, we can't make room for him in terms of cap space without significant changes.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just to clarify... Larry is 30 years old right now.

He will be 31 before next season.

That qualifies as Long In The Tooth in terms of an NFL WR.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Selassie I said:
Just to clarify... Larry is 30 years old right now.

He will be 31 before next season.

That qualifies as Long In The Tooth in terms of an NFL WR.
Still if he wasn't so expensive money wise id still do it if for nothing else what he could teach our young WR corps while he was here

iced

if he restructured and made it cap friendly - 3rd

if he doesn't - 6th or 7th.

boldin was traded for a 7th too and fitzie is long in the tooth

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He's probably got 3-4 years left, and I would say he's worth a 1st rounder. But we can't afford his giant contract. We will get two cheap players under the new CBA with our first rounders, which might also be top ten picks.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
iced said:
if he restructured and made it cap friendly - 3rd

if he doesn't - 6th or 7th.

boldin was traded for a 7th too and fitzie is long in the tooth

^^^What he said!^^^