Would you rather

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
I'd like to see Pead return the ball more often too. I know he's been shaky with it, but still. I just *know* this guy has the skills, vision, feet and speed to be a threat. He's just either (a) got his head up his ass, or (b) Fisher's foot is up his ass.

I'm not as excited seeing him (Pead) returning kicks, but Given's hasn't exactly been lights out as KR. Therefore, he needs touches and KR is fine with me.

His (Pead) last few touches at RB looked like things slowed down for him. I'd like to see some running attempts in the offense over the final 2.

Yeah, if anything at least a change up. He's different than Richardson and Jackson, he's far more side to side than north and south. That's part of why I'd like him to return kicks, if he can. Plus it saves Givens from taking big hits. I like his ability to change directions on a dime.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
I'd like to see Pead return the ball more often too. I know he's been shaky with it, but still. I just *know* this guy has the skills, vision, feet and speed to be a threat. He's just either (a) got his head up his ass, or (b) Fisher's foot is up his ass.

I'm not as excited seeing him (Pead) returning kicks, but Given's hasn't exactly been lights out as KR. Therefore, he needs touches and KR is fine with me.

His (Pead) last few touches at RB looked like things slowed down for him. I'd like to see some running attempts in the offense over the final 2.

I'd also like to see a few more carries from Pead. I don't think that Richardson brings the same element of surprise that he did for teams earlier in the season. Just more tape on him for teams now, they may need to diversify his plays more next year. I'm not down on him, just would like to see if Pead can now catch some teams off guard. DRich will be fine too. Wouldn't mind him returning a few kicks either.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
smram said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

I'd also like to see a few more carries from Pead. I don't think that Richardson brings the same element of surprise that he did for teams earlier in the season. Just more tape on him for teams now, they may need to diversify his plays more next year. I'm not down on him, just would like to see if Pead can now catch some teams off guard. DRich will be fine too. Wouldn't mind him returning a few kicks either.

All DRich needs is a seam. I guess you could say that about any runner... but DRich is not effective when hit early. He's too light. Same with Pead.

Jackson is less likely to break a big one, but more effective with a crack (as opposed to a seam).

I like what we have at RB. I'd like to see more of Pead, but my impression is even without SJ we have good options at RB.

But, I want SJ back!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
smram said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

All DRich needs is a seam. I guess you could say that about any runner... but DRich is not effective when hit early. He's too light. Same with Pead.

Jackson is less likely to break a big one, but more effective with a crack (as opposed to a seam).

I like what we have at RB. I'd like to see more of Pead, but my impression is even without SJ we have good options at RB.

But, I want SJ back!
Is this just my perception, or has Jax been severely underutilized this year?
I understand keeping him fresh and all, but it seems to me that he could actually have double the touches.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
smram said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

But, I want SJ back!
I understand keeping him fresh and all, but it seems to me that he could actually have double the touches.

Early on, I was surprised at the reduction of SJ's touches. But, I think he was probably more hobbled that we knew?

Lately, he's gotten the lions share back. Eh?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

Early on, I was surprised at the reduction of SJ's touches. But, I think he was probably more hobbled that we knew?

Yeah, the past couple of weeks he has. I initially thought they were keeping him fresh so that they could run him at a gassed defense like 20 times in the 4th quarter, but that never really materialized. He could have been banged up a little too, like you said. I dunno. I just really love seeing him run into the teeth of a defense and carry scrubs for 5 yards. I have no idea if he's satisfied with this reduced role, and I know he wouldn't openly complain about it, but you have to wonder if this is something that would make him seek greener pastures. Dude wants the ball 40 times a game - every game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

Yeah, the past couple of weeks he has. I initially thought they were keeping him fresh so that they could run him at a gassed defense like 20 times in the 4th quarter, but that never really materialized. He could have been banged up a little too, like you said. I dunno. I just really love seeing him run into the teeth of a defense and carry scrubs for 5 yards. I have no idea if he's satisfied with this reduced role, and I know he wouldn't openly complain about it, but you have to wonder if this is something that would make him seek greener pastures. Dude wants the ball 40 times a game - every game.

I will say this about SJ... he might be approaching 30, but he's in incredible shape. Incredible! I'm sure there have been other RB's who have mastered conditioning... but SJ is an absolute freak on that scale.

I think he was banged early in the season... But lately he's healthy and the touches returned. He's a power back who gains consistent yards. He is what he is. Not gonna break the big one. And... it really hasn't changed over the years.

I'd resign him and not think twice (since we have some young pups in the wings).