Would you rather

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rams win out

Or tank and increase their draft position?

I don't mean intentionally tank, because that would be bullshit. I can't sign on with a team that intentionally tries to lose. But if they were to dramatically increase the playing time of Pead and Quick, then they would be putting a lesser product on the field. Which would in turn give them a better look at those two. And I say a "lesser product" only because Pead and Quick aren't ready for prime time just yet.

I've also seen it floated out there (like a softball) that Austin Davis should get some reps in place of Bradford so that they can get a better look at him too. That would likely mean the rest of the games would be losses, but you never know. Stranger shit has happened. I'm against that for two reasons though. One, he's clearly not ready. He's not even been active lately. And two, you tell your lockerroom that you've given up the rest of the games, but the team should go out there and fight hard regardless. Doesn't work that way.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Interesting question. Yes....to both. Yep, thats a cop out and I know it. I would NOT want to see anyone in there that would hurt our chances to win. To clarify, I guess I would like to see more of Quick and Pead, but only in the event of a lopsided game. Actually, I think Quick brings value regardless, as we have seen, when used in certain packages. Pead has not flashed at ALL to me in the VERY limited action I have seen from him, so not sure when/where to use him. As a 2nd rd pick, I think we should start to see what we have there though.

I would like to see Davis as Sam's backup in case of a blowout (either way). I have seen enough of Clemens to know what he brings to the table. I know Davis is a raw rookie, and we all remember how the Keith Null experiment went. :what: That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the kid get some PT in junk time just to get his feet wet. I DEFINITELY saw something from him in the preseason that I never saw out of Null....or Bradford for that matter. How that translates to the regular season is anybody's guess. I don't see how it would hurt us to find out.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I want to win the next two games. Momentum for next year, show potential FAs we aren't far away... We have two #1s anyway. J smith was number 2 overall, so there's no guarantee the higher pick would be beneficial anyway. Play to win please.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I would rather win to be honest. We'll be drafting in the mid teens regardless anyway and Washington fucked us by suddenly winning.

Also unless Bradford is hurt, I don't want any other QB on the field. I don't give two shits if Davis looked good playing against 3rd and 4th stringers in the preseason. I'm not even going to entertain the idea that there could be someone else to play instead of Sam, that's just asking for bad news.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I saw were Fish stated that the team was not going to mope through the rest of the season,,, and that is absolutely the correct mindset.

I hope we kick the shit out of tampon and then eliminate the shecocks from the playoffs .

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
SaneRamsFan said:
Quick and Pead may actually improve our chances of winning-I am all for it.

I agree. We've seen what Richardson brings, haven't really scene Pead in that same spot, why not roll him out for a couple games as the #2 back? Jackson will still get his requisite 15-20 touches, but when he needs a breather, trot out Pead instead of DR.

And I think most everyone would like to see a starting WR corps of Quick, Givens and Amendola.

I hope like hell they win out. There's a lot more inherent good in winning than a few draft spots. Building a winner attracts FA, gets you better prices on contract negotiating and puts asses in the seats. Finishing with a winning record is far more important to this franchise than picking 13th instead of 17th or however the chips may fall.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't have a problem with getting Pead and Quick a few more reps but not to the point of putting a lesser product on the field.

These guys are NFL players. I think you put them at risk if they are somehow trying to play at a lower level. We know for damn sure the other teams won't do it.

Let Austin watch and learn. It might do him more good than sending him out to "learn" as you would have also signalled that you are done trying to win.

AND I would be PISSED with the SeaCocks game looming. That is a division foe that is no doubt looking to use us as a statement. We need to smack them in the grill.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
So, to those of you saying no to Austin Davis. You would rather leave our starting (franchise) QB in a blowout game and risk injury in an otherwise meaningless game instead of sending in another QB??? Do we really need to see any more of Clemens? If the rest of our rookies can play without being "harmed", why can't he?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
What I would truly love to see is the expression on Petey's face if we were to hang 50 on them and continue to pass late into the game. Maybe mix in a fake FG for good measure. :ww:

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Seachickens should lose their other corner by the time they play the rams. Good time to feature Quick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Faceplant said:
So, to those of you saying no to Austin Davis. You would rather leave our starting (franchise) QB in a blowout game and risk injury in an otherwise meaningless game instead of sending in another QB??? Do we really need to see any more of Clemens? If the rest of our rookies can play without being "harmed", why can't he?

If it's already a blow-out? Sure... put him in. Otherwise I'd rather not.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Faceplant said:

If there's a blowout then sure send him in. If Bradford was not playing for whatever reason in the final two games, then yeah I'd probably have him play. But I'm not going to start shoving Davis into a few drives here and there when the game is in hand and Bradford is healthy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Faceplant said:

If there's a blowout then sure send him in. If Bradford was not playing for whatever reason in the final two games, then yeah I'd probably have him play. But I'm not going to start shoving Davis into a few drives here and there when the game is in hand and Bradford is healthy.
Yes, if it's a blow-out then by all means. I'd rather see him than Clemens. I know who Clemens is.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Faceplant said:
Depends on what kind of blowout you're talking about. We saw on Sunday that if we're on the bad side of the blowout, Sam's going to play.

If we're in a good blowout on Tampa, send in Clemens. Davis isn't getting much in the way of reps to be able to play anyway. If we're in a good blowout in Seattle, keep Sam in. It's only fair. :twisted:

paceram

Pro Bowler
WIN! Jeff Fisher is trying it instill that winning attitude back into the Rams so hopefully the Rams can end their season on a winning note! If the Rams can finish with a 8-7-1 record when was the last season they had a better record than that? No matter what happens in the next two games I think Jeff Fisher has definitely got the Rams going in the right direction!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd rather win.

We need to build a winning culture. It's started. Let's finish it.

Besides; I don't think Fisher would coach any other way. With that said; I do think we see more of Quick and maybe Pead. Definitely Quick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
I'd rather win.

We need to build a winning culture. It's started. Let's finish it.

Besides; I don't think Fisher would coach any other way. With that said; I do think we see more of Quick and maybe Pead. Definitely Quick.
Yeah.

If it's because they only have certain plays, then incorporate more of those. I'd like to see Pead return the ball more often too. I know he's been shaky with it, but still. I just *know* this guy has the skills, vision, feet and speed to be a threat. He's just either (a) got his head up his ass, or (b) Fisher's foot is up his ass.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
I'd like to see Pead return the ball more often too. I know he's been shaky with it, but still. I just *know* this guy has the skills, vision, feet and speed to be a threat. He's just either (a) got his head up his ass, or (b) Fisher's foot is up his ass.

I'm not as excited seeing him (Pead) returning kicks, but Given's hasn't exactly been lights out as KR. Therefore, he needs touches and KR is fine with me.

His (Pead) last few touches at RB looked like things slowed down for him. I'd like to see some running attempts in the offense over the final 2.