Would you be upset if...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the Rams only signed the rest of their FA's and no one else? It always seems like a frantic desire to get someone that their former team either didn't want or couldn't keep. I remember when we signed Scott Wells and Jake Long..and then a year or two later Davin Joseph..Sprinkle in rookie Greg Robinson, and we were going to be "set" on the Oline for years...or not....I was so pizzed when we got Wells and it sounded so good, until I learned that he needed freakin surgery before he ever played a down for the Rams. Jake Long? lol...Joseph was ok for an old guy, but he got progressively worse. I guess all that I am saying (to myself as well), I'm ok getting our own guys back if we can, developing Sean Mannion as our future starter, and picking some studs in the draft....FA always ends up pizzing me off, because its such a tease!:fighting:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would like them to find a decent possession receiver - somebody who can reliably catch the ball in traffic to move the chains. <cough>Anquan Bolden<cough>

Doesn't have to be anybody great, just a useful guy that can be counted on. Would make it so much easier for the rest of the offense to function.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

just because the rams suck at it, it doesn't mean free agency can't be used for future success when done properly. the broncos had the midas touch with it. the rams even got some good players out of it. but too many misses.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Boldin on any other team might work but on the Rams they are gonna call that push off every time.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would like them to sign their own. Then if they could add depth to the weakened areas or a need, sure go ahead. Maybe a versatile LBer that could play the middle if needed. If Ogletree goes down do the rely on Bates? Even if he is a bit older a guy like Tulloch cold hold down the position for a few weeks.

A DE would have been nice but they got too much money. Maybe a safety valve DE to back up Hayes?

A WR or TE would have been nice but there really wasn't that much to choose from.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Outside of our own guys, we are in the market for the next tier down of FA.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm a huge fan of Boldin. Can't get much more possession then him.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seems the Rams FA success mirrors that of their drafts. They have a lot more success with defensive players.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I would just like to see us pursue some solid depth players in free agency. Guys that aren't a huge drop off when someone inevitably gets hurt and can give us flexibility in the draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would just like to see us pursue some solid depth players in free agency. Guys that aren't a huge drop off when someone inevitably gets hurt and can give us flexibility in the draft.

When you have enough of your own players that you want to keep and need new contracts... that's what we are going to see.

And... It is kind of nice that the Rams are now in this position.

Keep making big FA splashes, Miami. That's working well for ya.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'm fine if we only resign our own, we have some key guys that we need to lock up in the up coming years. But a small, smart signing like the Reynolds signing last year would be warmly welcomed.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The current regime does not make big splashes in free agency. We have seen this every year. I kind of respect it. I want to think that they have learned and aren't going to overpay for free agents and build through the draft. They sign the players already on the squad they feel they have to keep, and the will look at free agency again after the draft.

I would really like to resign Sims though, and make sure we keep Cunningham. Is there a chance if Long is still unsigned after the draft that he could come back?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No.

Players will be coming and going until December, hopefully 1 month longer.

A55VA6

Legend
I would be a little bothered by it, yes.

I think we need to bring in at least a couple guys from the outside. Still some good players out there.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

CdR2Z6cUsAE-CmN.jpg:large

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
As fans we don't automatically find out what outside FA's the Rams Have talked to or pursued so far. Interest has to work both ways. So It Doesn't Really matter since most of the remaining FA's will still looking for a job in June.As far as the remaining Ram FA's with the cap room that's left the Rams Can easily bring back who they want, the rest just won't be Rams anymore.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This is the period where players, and teams look for the best fit, and best value, respectively, and it can take some time. You can get some real bargains, because a lot of teams spent their wad on day one and two.