Would Browns Fans Give Up Their #26 For Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Interesting thread there.

I thought there'd be more negative views on Bradford coming from another teams fan base.

Especially from the AFC where he has no exposure.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Interesting takes, funny how most of us on NFL team forums are weekend GM's including uh us, me. Easy to make decisions without all the convoluted minutia that goes with the job.

moklerman

Warner-phile
If I were the Browns, I'd certainly do the deal. Which is what's easy to forget sometimes. It takes time and luck to have a QB who's worth keeping. Too many fans are ready to give up on Bradford thinking that any and every QB out there will be a better option. It's a very "careful what you wish for" scenario.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So the pick the Browns got for a slow footed non effective RB named Trent Richardson who can not get even close to the perimeter of any defense & who even healthy rode the bench in Indy's playoff run would be what a Sam Bradford is worth?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
So the pick the Browns got for a slow footed non effective RB named Trent Richardson who can not get even close to the perimeter of any defense & who even healthy rode the bench in Indy's playoff run would be what a Sam Bradford is worth?
I fail to see that logic ,they made a remarkable recovery there, the backwards connection to Trent Richardson is just not applicable.If you want to make a comparison from here it's WHAT they CAN get with the pick.
Walter football projects an O-lineman for them there so it would probably be more accurate to do a composite comparison of Bradford and one of the top tackles vs.
Manziel and David Yankey.
What I can't fathom is why we'd do it.
By the "backward anlysis model it would be us elevating TR to the 1.1 pick, now that's kinda absurd IMO.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

C'mon though Bonifay you know they robbed the Colts on that deal. He isn't worth a seventh rounder.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
C'mon though Bonifay you know they robbed the Colts on that deal. He isn't worth a seventh rounder.

Yes I actually felt bad for the Colts on that trade. I sure did not understand the Colts reasoning on that decision. Browns may be riding the unknown "Browns Wave" here in improving their skills in the Draft arena.

I could see where the former no# 3 pick in the overall draft could be out of work looking for a job when the final round of 53 player roster cuts hit in late August. Richardson may be the last RB taken that high for many yrs to come too. Using logic you would think that the Mockers would have the Browns selecting the best center in the draft instead like a Weston Richburg or Travis Swanson ?

Last edited by a moderator:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I fail to see that logic ,they made a remarkable recovery there, the backwards connection to Trent Richardson is just not applicable.If you want to make a comparison from here it's WHAT they CAN get with the pick.
Walter football projects an O-lineman for them there so it would probably be more accurate to do a composite comparison of Bradford and one of the top tackles vs.
Manziel and David Yankey.
What I can't fathom is why we'd do it.
By the "backward anlysis model it would be us elevating TR to the 1.1 pick, now that's kinda absurd IMO.

Shucks Thordaddy, I failed all my Logic classes in college...they said I was backwards back then too....but I always followed & understood Spock. It worked for me anyways.

I saw that many mocks have the Browns taking a OLT too ....I did not know that all pro OLT Joe Thomas was back again on the trading block in Cleveland. So all those mocks looked ...using your word "ABSURD".

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Shucks Thordaddy, I failed all my Logic classes in college...they said I was backwards back then too....but I always followed & understood Spock. It worked for me anyways.

I saw that many mocks have the Browns taking a OLT too ....I did not know that all pro OLT Joe Thomas was back again on the trading block in Cleveland. So all those mocks looked ...using your word "ABSURD".
Hey NO ABSURD aimed at you,it's just that working backwards almost every year you can claim some D2 school "should be in the National Championship and that's the way that logic takes you.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Browns were apparently ready to give up their bounty like Washington did for either RG3 or Bradford.

They would offer both first rounders and then some.

Now I would say no, but 4 first round picks and two of them top 5? You can make something work then. There's no QB available close to Bradford's ability though in my opinion, so I say no.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes I actually felt bad for the Colts on that trade. I sure did not understand the Colts reasoning on that decision. Browns may be riding the unknown "Browns Wave" here in improving their skills in the Draft arena.

I could see where the former no# 3 pick in the overall draft could be out of work looking for a job when the final round of 53 player roster cuts hit in late August. Richardson may be the last RB taken that high for many yrs to come too. Using logic you would think that the Mockers would have the Browns selecting the best center in the draft instead like a Weston Richburg or Travis Swanson ?

The guy making personnel decisions in Indy needs to be fired. First Manning then Richardson. Two huge mistakes. HUGE.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The guy making personnel decisions in Indy needs to be fired. First Manning then Richardson. Two huge mistakes. HUGE.

Not sure who made those top player decsions

Indy's top Staff
James Irsay, Owner and CEO
Carlie Irsay-Gordon, Vice Chair/Owner
Casey Foyt, Vice Chair/Owner
Kalen Irsay, Vice Chair/Owner
Ryan Grigson, General Manager
Pete Ward, Chief Operating Officer
Dan Emerson, Vice President and General Counsel
Dan Luther, Special Counsel

Looks like it this guy Grigson..
http://www.colts.com/team/staff/Ryan-Grigson/d89d12a6-623d-4ccb-ae8b-9c3e20720b50

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not sure who made those top player decsions

Indy's top Staff
James Irsay, Owner and CEO
Carlie Irsay-Gordon, Vice Chair/Owner
Casey Foyt, Vice Chair/Owner
Kalen Irsay, Vice Chair/Owner
Ryan Grigson, General Manager
Pete Ward, Chief Operating Officer
Dan Emerson, Vice President and General Counsel
Dan Luther, Special Counsel

Looks like it this guy Grigson..
http://www.colts.com/team/staff/Ryan-Grigson/d89d12a6-623d-4ccb-ae8b-9c3e20720b50

Imagine Manning playing in Indy still with the bounty they would have gotten from the number one overall.

The Colts would be in the SB not the Broncos.

It was an enormous error IMO. I know some don't agree but every time I think about it or see highlights of Manning or Luck I always think "they effed up".