Worst Bad Movies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
So this thread is intended as a companion thread to the one started by @AvengerRam.

In this thread, feel free to share a movie you saw that was bad AND you hated it. Just a terrible movie with no redeeming qualities.

For me, one that jumps to mind is the 1981 "Caveman" movie, with Ringo Starr, Shelly Long, Barbara Bach, and the Tooz (John Matuszak). I was probably only 11 or 12 when I first saw it on HBO, and I remember thinking, "Wow, this is amazingly unfunny. There is absolutely nothing remotely interesting or original here. Heck, im just a kid, but the "humor" in this movie is so childish it's beyond boring."

So just now I re-watched the trailer, and I gotta say, it's just as awful and unfunny as I remember from 40 years ago.

Anyway, what are some of your all time WORST movies?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SpA-qiJVbs

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So this thread is intended as a companion thread to the one started by @AvengerRam.

In this thread, feel free to share a movie you saw that was bad AND you hated it. Just a terrible movie with no redeeming qualities.

For me, one that jumps to mind is the 1981 "Caveman" movie, with Ringo Starr, Shelly Long, Barbara Bach, and the Tooz (John Matuszak). I was probably only 11 or 12 when I first saw it on HBO, and I remember thinking, "Wow, this is amazingly unfunny. There is absolutely nothing remotely interesting or original here. Heck, im just a kid, but the "humor" in this movie is so childish it's beyond boring."

So just now I re-watched the trailer, and I gotta say, it's just as awful and unfunny as I remember from 40 years ago.

Anyway, what are some of your all time WORST movies?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SpA-qiJVbs

Dude...

I fucking LOVE that movie. It's hilarious. I'm even having flashbacks to their ridiculous caveman language right now... so I am happy you brought the movie up here.

Disclaimer though... I may really love that movie because I have only evolved slightly above caveman level. At least that's what my wife tells me.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The trial of Billy Jack. I sat through this stinker in the theater. Cause I was cool like that back then. All these years later I still believe I would have had a better time staying at home and pulling my front teeth out with a pair of pliers.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Let's not forget the unnecessary sequels:

Arthur 2: On the Rocks
Highlander 2: The Quickening
Jaws: The Revenge
Grease 2
Caddyshack 2

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dude...

I fucking LOVE that movie. It's hilarious. I'm even having flashbacks to their ridiculous caveman language right now... so I am happy you brought the movie up here.

Disclaimer though... I may really love that movie because I have only evolved slightly above caveman level. At least that's what my wife tells me.
Lol... I'll be the first to admit I usually love childish stupid humor... but sometimes it's hard to figure out why I'll think one thing is funny and something else is not.

Maybe it's a question of "self referential irony". It's funnier when the joke teller is laughing at himself, too.

Interesting how different generations have different notions of comedy, too. Several years ago I went with my Dad to see a Will Ferrell movie, and he was pissed because he couldn't figure out why anyone could possibly think Ferrell was funny.

So when and why is a bad movie funny? And when and why is a bad movie just bad? Who knows. I think David St Hubbins of Spinal Tap said it best: "It's a fine line between stupid and clever."

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wtXkD1BC564

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last edited: