World's tallest basketball player hoping for chance in NBA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Surely that video is a technical foul? :whistle:

He does look somewhat uncoordinated. There was a 7'5" player from NC State years ago that resembled this guy. Can't remember his name right now....might google and see if I can find it. It began with a N, I think.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
He does look somewhat uncoordinated. There was a 7'5" player from NC State years ago that resembled this guy. Can't remember his name right now....might google and see if I can find it. It began with a N, I think.
I think you are thinking of Tommy Burleson who played with David Thompson and 5'4" Monte Towe. And I think Burleson was 7'4"

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think you are thinking of Tommy Burleson who played with David Thompson and 5'4" Monte Towe. And I think Burleson was 7'4"
Ok, I had to double check and learned something. NC State listed Towe and Burleson at false heights on purpose. Towe was actually 5'7" and Burleson was actually 7'2". Sneaky wolfpack!

69superbowl

Rookie
Get him a pair of those clown looking soccer goalie gloves and let him try to block NFL field goals. It'd be a hoot.

A55VA6

Legend
He's a big guy, but I'm not sure if he could make it in the NBA. It seems like guys that are like 7'4" or above experience some injury issues or just struggle because they can move as quick as everyone else. Yao Ming was 7'6" and was very good for a while before injuries just killed his career. I loved watching him play.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Anyone remember the player Chuck Nevitt? He was 7'5" and dead set uncoordinated.