Woods has a nose for the first down marker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You gotta love his consistency. People laughed at the beginning of the year when I told them that Woods is better than Watkins (they weren't Rams fans, obviously). On top of being a very consistent WR, he's a great blocker on the edge. You just have to love everything he gives us. He was such a bargain in FA, and we got lambasted by the media for the signing. Boy do they look stupid.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Woods and Whitworth were the 2 best possible additions we could have made last year after McVay himself.
The two of them + drafting Kupp pushed us straight into contention.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah
I guess there were media and fans that were shocked that the Patriots would let him get away and come to the Rams. I know. I was one of them. It just seems to me that the media didn't call out the Patriot's from the beginning. Everything seems to be under the radar for Woods. Holt might be faster, but Woods runs better routes.
Are you thinking of Cooks? Woods came from Da Bills.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You gotta love his consistency. People laughed at the beginning of the year when I told them that Woods is better than Watkins (they weren't Rams fans, obviously). On top of being a very consistent WR, he's a great blocker on the edge. You just have to love everything he gives us. He was such a bargain in FA, and we got lambasted by the media for the signing. Boy do they look stupid.

Other fans are dumb fucks. I was happy moving forward with woods and kupp. Cooks just made it better.

Other fans blamed Goff for Watkins' low yardage last season. The idiots. Everyone knows what's what now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Let's all hope that woods doesn't get a nose for the white lines.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
He has been a true surprise to me.
Watched him in college and buffalo, he was always a good reciever with great hands and route running . I feel like he never had the speed and burst he does now, he hits full speed in 2 strides .

I love this guy, he deserves to be in the pro bowl and has been great for us.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I know my wife must be sick of hearing it but every time I'm watching the Rams I mention how he reminds me of Bruce.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
B25ED057-0269-4704-AFBC-2B50396E1324.jpeg

Robert Woods has been outstanding.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Am I reading this correctly? 64 of 84 catches went for a first down?

Pretty effing good I'd say. I didn't know that stat before this post, but it just seems like he gets the ball and moves the chains all game long.

With an average of 14.2 per catch, that certainly sounds plausible.

And according to that chart his longest play of the year is 39 yards. So I would argue that 14.2 is pretty impressive without several long ones to help raise the average.

Ram77

Rookie
We can thank the stupidity of the Buffalo Bills franchise for Woods .
The 2017 offseason was low key the best one for Snead ( Woods, Whitworth, Sullivan, Kupp, Blythe, Everett, John Johnson III) all very solid core starters and borderline pro bowlers.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Pretty effing good I'd say. I didn't know that stat before this post, but it just seems like he gets the ball and moves the chains all game long.
And according to that chart his longest play of the year is 39 yards. So I would argue that 14.2 is pretty impressive without several long ones to help raise the average.

Really effing good!
Always liked Woods. Wanted the Rams to draft him coming out of USC. Hard to believe the Bills didn't know what they had in him and just let him walk.