Wood's catch/non catch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I know we got screwed on this play. But how many out there was overjoyed as this kind of play always happens to us.......not for us.....and now we have a guy that can make that happen....... I'm ecstatic and pissed the ref took that away. Yes, the next play made it moot.....but that is the kind of outstanding we've been missing for sometime.......

Kudos my man! Kudos!

Psycho_X

Legend
What's even more amazing is in the past that would have been our one chance to score our only touchdown in a game and proceed to lose. Instead we come right back and immediately score on the next play with Kupp. Things are starting to look up my Rams friends.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know we got screwed on this play. But how many out there was overjoyed as this kind of play always happens to us.......not for us.....and now we have a guy that can make that happen....... I'm ecstatic and ticked the ref took that away. Yes, the next play made it moot.....but that is the kind of outstanding we've been missing for sometime.......

Kudos my man! Kudos!

It's great. And it's even better that we threw a TD on the next play after getting robbed.

Ellard80

Legend
That was a catch.. even the announcers called out the review office for messing that one up.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Another reminder that the Rams have functional WR's now

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
It never ceases to amaze me how incompetent the refs are in the NFL. To review it and still not get it right, what a joke.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
It never ceases to amaze me how incompetent the refs are in the NFL. To review it and still not get it right, what a joke.
Though the ref doesn't deserve to be defended, this is yet another textbook example of the unfathomable absurdity of the NLF's incomprehensible, a "catch is not a catch" rule. When tv ratings are down, games are overloaded with ads, replays and media saturation, and have become a lightning rod for politics, how is it possible that the NFL wants to consistently rule out successful complete passes, usually the most entertaining plays on the field? And how could anyone come up with such a tortured series of hoops to jump through before finally concluding, after a New York replay, that a catch is not a catch and a td is not a td? It is baffling and mind boggling stupidity that directly undermines the character of the game.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the worst thing about that clusterfuck was the fact we had to challenge it in the first place

one ref ruled it a TD .. one said no .. they went with the ref that said no .. surely in that instance you reward the TD and let the booth review check it as all scoring plays are,,

not only that we had to lose our challenges for the rest of the game because of the refs cant tell thier ass from their elbow

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know we got screwed on this play. But how many out there was overjoyed as this kind of play always happens to us.......not for us.....and now we have a guy that can make that happen....... I'm ecstatic and ticked the ref took that away. Yes, the next play made it moot.....but that is the kind of outstanding we've been missing for sometime.......

Kudos my man! Kudos!
I was pissed that Woods got Robbed! But It worked out well for me because I picked Kupp to get a TD in the ROD Special Bets So @flv owes me 2460+ on that one alone!!:ROFLMAO: I think flv hate's me after what I alone did to him this week!!:D:rolllaugh:Not to mention everyone else!!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was ticked that Woods got Robbed! But It worked out well for me because I picked Kupp to get a TD in the ROD Special Bets So @flv owes me 2460+ on that one alone!!:ROFLMAO: I think flv hate's me after what I alone did to him this week!!:D:rolllaugh:Not to mention everyone else!!
Yeah, I won a bit of ROD cash myself (LA +6, LA straight up) But the catch itself was awesome.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

100% correct.

When you have fans of every single team complaining essentially every single week then it's pretty obvious there is a problem. Of course every fan is biased, but the NFL seems to be issuing a lot of apologies the last several years. And will all the camera angles the film tells the story.

This instance perfectly illustrates something that needs to be addressed. But this is just my opinion. Not wanting to make a peer look bad seems to be on refs minds. The fact that this particular play wasn't overturned is as close to proof as you can ask for. One ref calls TD, the other ref is allowed to over rule it, there is a challenge that clearly shows it was a catch yet it stands as an incomplete.

That only happens if you don't want to look like buffoons and are covering your peers butt so he will cover yours when you fuck up.

It's got to change eventually.