Wonder Woman 84

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Not sure this deserves its own thread but it is the first big blockbuster to go straight to streaming thanks to covid. Just had to mention it is a gigantic hot mess and I’m glad I didn’t pay theatre prices to go see it. Not sure what it is with DC movies having no good ebb and flow to them.

the first half of the movie was all over the place. Wife and I had to constantly ask each other wtf was going on. The second half was better but still kind of meh. Great cast and the point of the plot is meaningful but direction and writing was very poor I thought. Was very disappointed. Give it 2.5/5 stars.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I was excited to see the first one, then never even finished it. Fell asleep 40 mins or so in and just never felt the urge to back and watch it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Not sure this deserves its own thread but it is the first big blockbuster to go straight to streaming thanks to covid. Just had to mention it is a gigantic hot mess and I’m glad I didn’t pay theatre prices to go see it. Not sure what it is with DC movies having no good ebb and flow to them.

the first half of the movie was all over the place. Wife and I had to constantly ask each other wtf was going on. The second half was better but still kind of meh. Great cast and the point of the plot is meaningful but direction and writing was very poor I thought. Was very disappointed. Give it 2.5/5 stars.
You gave it a higher grade then did

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You know, there's a whole issue about making the lead male (Steve Trevor) come back to life. They could've done it a different way than making him go into an already-existing human body. The way it was done...it's kinda creepy.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You have it a higher grade then did

yeah after thinking about it some more I’d probably hack another star off of it to 1.5 or maybe 2 if I was being generous.

You know, there's a whole issue about making the lead male (Steve Trevor) come back to life. They could've done it a different way than making him go into an already-existing human body. The way it was done...it's kinda creepy.

Exactly, it made no sense whatsoever. She gets a wish but she has to have sex with some total rando because having her 70 year dead lover just reappear was too much of a stretch for the movie with so many stretches you feel like it’s going to snap at any moment? Really fucking weird plot choices.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I watched it last night. The story was whack. Kinda fun watch though... especially the beginning where WW was just a little girl and almost beat all the other grown Amazons in that compilation. But otherwise the story sucked and WW's cloths don't reveal enough of anything.

And the real SHOCKER was that 10 second cameo of Linda Carter at the very end... my God, it was almost a horror scene. LOL

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I watched it last night. The story was whack. Kinda fun watch though... especially the beginning where WW was just a little girl and almost beat all the other grown Amazons in that compilation. But otherwise the story sucked and WW's cloths don't reveal enough of anything.

And the real SHOCKER was that 10 second cameo of Linda Carter at the very end... my God, it was almost a horror scene. LOL
other then about a 5 minute montage of 80's jokes , I'm not even sure what the point of it being set in the 80's was

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
An hour in my stream crashed and I was so bored with the movie that it didn't bother me much at all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Cheaper budget than MCU movies Poorly written scripts, weak dialogue. No greatness in the acting.

Yeah I said that last part. Think about whose played who in DC movies and compare them to MCU. Also consider how much more personality the MCU put into their characters. MCU only has a few stiff characters. DC has a lot of them.

Gal Gadot is hot but she is not a good or believable actress as Wonder Woman. Compare her to Scarlet Johanson and there is a big gap.

All of the Batman actors were blah, boring. As a character himself Batman would be difficult to play imo. Christian Bale played it the best. Batman in the comics is dark and brooding. Affleck sucks in that role. Mark Ruffalo was a fantastic Hulk, and not who you might think of to play him if you read the comics.

Then you get Henry Cavill. The guy looks the part but he's a stiff as an actor. There is no artist license. It makes Superman uninteresting. I get trying to be true to the comic, but actors need to put more into it. Purism is boring.

Jason Mamula is such a diversion from comic aqua man and it still works, even though he's may take it a little too far.

The Netflix series were better imo.
John Berenthal was great as the Punisher.
Kristin Ritter was a good Jessica Jones

But overall, especially the A list DC characters there have been too many swings and misses. I haven't seen the new Joker but Heath Ledger may have been the most imaginative casting they had. Who picks Ledger to play the Joker initially. It certainly wasn't based on looks and the Joker is a character that DC really allowed actors to play with.

Harley Quinn? Margot Robbie is smoking hot but I think she puts a but too much silliness into the character. HQ comes across as too childish. It feels like I'm watching a movie intended for kids.

Give me the MCU all the way. The Guardians of the Galaxy cast is fantastic. Iron man goes without saying, Tom Holland, Scarlett Johanson, Chris Evans, Dr Strange, Scarlett Witch, Dead pool, Cable, Thanos etc...

The few misses for MCU were some of the early X-Men castings. They've since cleaned that up. I loved Hugh Jack man as Wolverine, Victor Creed was a great Sabertooth, Halle Berry was flat as storm. Mcavoy is an upgrade over Patrick. I think Sophie Turner is a miss as Jane Grey though.

DC needs an overhaul in the casting and script departments.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Watched it. Glad I didn't pay to see it at the theater. The first part was, WTF? And some things that just didn't need to be in there. Like the jet and the fireworks scene. I hope the 3rd one will be better. This one reminded me of the First Star Trek movie, you had to make it, but it should have been better.