Wolford sticking around

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
thriller GIF

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Regarding Wolford, I'm another fan on the fence with the other 95% or more of the fans on this forum.

Wolford was a popular underdog (Doug Flutie) type of darling after he led the Rams to a victory over the Cardinals.

After his horrible interception in his first NFL start vs the Cardinals, Wolford finished the game 22 of 38 for 231 Yds (0 TD, 1 INT) and rushed for a team-leading 56 yards.

McVay rode Wolford's horse after the Cardinals victory and started him the following week in the wildcard round of the playoffs at Seattle.

The Flutie like QB was knocked out of game early and never returned as Jarod Goff came off the bench with an injured thumb and led the Rams to the divisional round of the NFL playoffs.

Since Wolford's last start in Seattle, he's looked pedestrian with the limited snaps he's gotten in spot duty.

Spot duty or not, Wolford looked lost in his last few NFL pass attempts since his injury in Seattle.

Nobody has heard a positive thing about Wolford like they did during the Rams 2020 training camp and preseason.

Not sure at all if Wolford is the best backup option to Stafford heading into the 2022 season?

Crossing my fingers McVay makes the right decision on Wolford in the coming months.

john-wolford-rams.jpg

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm fine with Wolf as backup but yeah it would be nice to see someone with upside win the gig. I just don't think Wolf would be able to hold up if he had to start a lot of games.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not a fan. I hope Perkins wins the job.

I don’t know how good Wolford can be? He did step up 2020.His appendix messed up & Perkins shined.

I am rooting for Perkins as well.He had a roster spot the whole season because of his performance innThe preseason.Inthiught he made the right reads & ran extremely well.
Perkins arm was a concern,but he showed enough to put it in the right spot.
Enough said.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We never seem to be in the market for the Andy Dalton types.

He could win games.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Regarding Wolford, I'm another fan on the fence with the other 95% or more of the fans on this forum.

Wolford was a popular underdog (Doug Flutie) type of darling after he led the Rams to a victory over the Cardinals.

After his horrible interception in his first NFL start vs the Cardinals, Wolford finished the game 22 of 38 for 231 Yds (0 TD, 1 INT) and rushed for a team-leading 56 yards.

McVay rode Wolford's horse after the Cardinals victory and started him the following week in the wildcard round of the playoffs at Seattle.

The Flutie like QB was knocked out of game early and never returned as Jarod Goff came off the bench with an injured thumb and led the Rams to the divisional round of the NFL playoffs.

Since Wolford's last start in Seattle, he's looked pedestrian with the limited snaps he's gotten in spot duty.

Spot duty or not, Wolford looked lost in his last few NFL pass attempts since his injury in Seattle.

Nobody has heard a positive thing about Wolford like they did during the Rams 2020 training camp and preseason.

Not sure at all if Wolford is the best backup option to Stafford heading into the 2022 season?

Crossing my fingers McVay makes the right decision on Wolford in the coming months.

john-wolford-rams.jpg

Well - don’t know what you were expecting? The funny thing is,what were Ram Fan thoughts before that as well.Mcvay likes & trust him.Zac Robinson was his QB coach. Found O’Connell last season being more of the QB coach & Robinson more hands on with Cooper Kupp. Not sure if anyone else pays attention to that at all?
Anyway I’m a Perkins Fan. He had a little something something I liked. This off-season will be interesting.QB is an important position. Knowing the offense is priceless.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree. Rams can do better.

Than Perkins? I’ll disagree on his upside. I don’t know what your thoughts on what it cost The Rams last season. I’ll add once again and always about The Rams(Mcvay’s) way.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just to add of Perkins on Rams can do better.There is always that at every position just about.
Exceptions

AD99
Von Miller
Ect. Ect..

An example of doing better is Robinson over Robert Woods. Then again Robert Woods will play hard enough to prove Mcvay & The Rams wrong….

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Is it me or does Wolford get shorter every year? Rams are going to need a new holder so I'm sure Wolford will try out for that, although with the research I've done, he's never held in college or even with the Arizona Hotshots.