With the holidays coming up: my Christmas wish list for our 2022 team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I know, I know - anything I ask Santa for can’t realistically be given until the new season. Hence this is my Christmas wishlist of things I’d like to see from this team in 2022,

• McVay to hand the offense over to a legitimate coordinator - all of it. I think McVay spends too much time focusing on the offensive side of the ball that he loses sight of glaring issues elsewhere. I’m not saying the new OC needs to completely reinvent the wheel but I think it would benefit the entire team to get a fresh perspective on the offense and also an OC we can hold accountable for any short comings.
  • Hire a legitimate, proven DC. The Morris hiring was a mistake. We need to get someone who has proven to be successful as a DC in this league and let them lead the defensive side of the ball. We’ll experience some growing pains but I think the less McVay has to worry about on D, the better.
  • Stop using premium picks on luxuries. Tutu Atwell immediately comes to mind. We had needs elsewhere, let’s use our earlier round picks to draft players we can have contribute sooner rather than later. 6th and 7th round picks may work out but we’re playing to win now, not 3-4 years from now. Or hell, fuck them picks and trade them for a proven player if one is available that fits an area of need.
  • Hoping that the new OC commits to fixing our run game - draft a FB. Just having one on our roster to help the running game would be great. Our WR’s are great blockers but I’d much rather have a 6th round FB leading the way for Akers and Hendo.
  • And last, get a new punter in. If for nothing else than competition. Hekker has been less than stellar and we need a weapon that can flip the field. If that new kicker means we let Hekker go, so be it.
Let’s hear your wish list Ram bros!

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I like a lot of what you said, but I'll start out by saying McVay isn't going anywhere and I mean that in both ways. He won't be fired, he won't make any changes and we won't win a Super Bowl with him because of that. The rub on that is how would you replace his overall success in the regular season? I don't see any coach that makes us win a Super Bowl.

So my list:
* New D coordinator
* New Offensive Coordinator and with that a new scheme - (I have hated McVay's offense from the start......only because its not my style not because I think it sucks)
* Cut the Fantasy Team - get rid of OBJ, Von and any other "Stars" that will want big bucks.

We are gonna lose several more games, get a wild card spot and lose. Von will look to get paid as will OBJ. Not sure about Ramsey of Donald or any other aging player.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I know, I know - anything I ask Santa for can’t realistically be given until the new season. Hence this is my Christmas wishlist of things I’d like to see from this team in 2022,

• McVay to hand the offense over to a legitimate coordinator - all of it. I think McVay spends too much time focusing on the offensive side of the ball that he loses sight of glaring issues elsewhere. I’m not saying the new OC needs to completely reinvent the wheel but I think it would benefit the entire team to get a fresh perspective on the offense and also an OC we can hold accountable for any short comings.
  • Hire a legitimate, proven DC. The Morris hiring was a mistake. We need to get someone who has proven to be successful as a DC in this league and let them lead the defensive side of the ball. We’ll experience some growing pains but I think the less McVay has to worry about on D, the better.
  • Stop using premium picks on luxuries. Tutu Atwell immediately comes to mind. We had needs elsewhere, let’s use our earlier round picks to draft players we can have contribute sooner rather than later. 6th and 7th round picks may work out but we’re playing to win now, not 3-4 years from now. Or hell, fuck them picks and trade them for a proven player if one is available that fits an area of need.
  • Hoping that the new OC commits to fixing our run game - draft a FB. Just having one on our roster to help the running game would be great. Our WR’s are great blockers but I’d much rather have a 6th round FB leading the way for Akers and Hendo.
  • And last, get a new punter in. If for nothing else than competition. Hekker has been less than stellar and we need a weapon that can flip the field. If that new kicker means we let Hekker go, so be it.
Let’s hear your wish list Ram bros!

I like most of that.

That said, Hekker is being failed by poor ST coaching. There aren't that many good ones out there and it's looking like firing Bones was a big mistake. McVay will learn from this. Also, Hekker isn't booming kicks like he used to because he has to not out kick the coverage unit or we get a big return against us. I'm also baffled we don't have a single legit KR/PR. Not. One. I dunno how to explain that, but the problems with punting isn't remotely on Hekker.

I dunno that we need a FB, but we do need a big back. Some games you just need to punch the other team in the mouth and we need that. Neither Michel or Hendo are big backs and we need one. Badly. That has to be addressed.

I'm on record thinking Morris should be fired after this game. We have two weeks to get a new DC in and get back to that Fangio 3-4 that did very well with this group.. also, that super soft zone shit is maddening and teams are FEASTING on it when they need it. I can't remember the last time we so consistently gave up 3rd and longs... has to go back before Fisher, I think... at least it feels that way. I dunno the answer for that mid-season, but def at the end of the season, we need a solid 3-4 guy to come in and get this D going. I say 3-4 guy because we don't have the ammo to swap to a 4-3 and we're going to be resigning Von Miller, so with all that money for Floyd and Miller, we're stuck with the 3-4. It'd be nice if we actually PUT 3 down linemen out there instead of this 3-4 hybrid stuff which is a shitty way of saying "I'm gonna run my 4-3 with this crew" because that shit isn't working.

This season isn't lost, but we are at a crossroads.

We either get right against GB or we miss out on an amazing opportunity this season. It's really in our hands which way it goes.