With Initial Surge Over, Rams still can find FA Bargains

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are right Rams would probably try to extend him after this season, but that plays into my point even more. You have to factor that huge cap number into negotiations this year by getting some of that Ogltree, Austin, and TJ money + negotiations out of the way.

I think they all play their role in the FA process. Fisher and Snead scout a guy and tell Demoff they want so sign him, but Demoff handles alot of the negotiation and valuation. Did they overvalue Jake Long an older tackle with injury history? Did they overvalue Scott Wells an older center? Yes in both regards. There are also scenarios where fisher is more to blame like Cook and Finnegan where Fish says go get my guys and Demoff is willing to overpay because Fish has more info on them than the typical FA. Ill chalk those mistakes up to early organization growing pains because we have been more disciplined in the FA market the past few years not exceeding the value we have set on a player ie Saffold's initial raider offer, Jenks, and Rodney no matter how badly Fisher wants to keep them.

Agree 100% with your first point. Take on board your second about demoff.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
He is terrible on grass. I'm betting the Rams will have a new kicker this season.

Yet he went 4-5 outdoors in Minny, including a 61 yarder along with a clutch end of regulation 53 yarder...

He "missed" 10 last year, 5 were 50 yds or more, 2 were blocked and the other 3 who knows what happened.

Not sure the thought process amongst many here clamoring for an upgrade.