With all things considered who should start next week?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who should start week 2?

• Goff

Votes: 69 67.6%
  • Mannion

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Keenum

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Trade for somebody else (who?)

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Keenum era should be over. Time to start preparing for the future. If Goff doesn't know everything yet, simplify it and add a few things each week as he masters things. Have a couple trick plays so if Seattle is sitting on simple plays, the Rams can stretch the field to burn them. But get Goff in there, and get him first team reps all this week.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Let's go with Sean Thomas Mannion with the caveat that on the first play from scrimmage, he throws a fly pattern to Tavon Austin, if Austin still remembers how to run one.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sign former Auburn QB Nick Marshall off of the Jaguars practice squad or pick up Tim Tebow and run some wildcat.:cool:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Start keenum. No need to get goff crushed Behind that offensive line while throwing five yard outs and screens to tavon. Let goff learn for at least another month or more and see what he's got
5 linemen can't stop 9 DLinemen.
If you take some shots down field, you'll force 4 or 5 guys off the line and into the secondary where they belong. In turn, giving your oline a chance.

Bruce2980

Starter

According to this insightful article written months ago, I would say that there may not be a QB starting next weeks game for the LA Rams.

Footage of an Archeological Dig at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

When a team explored subterranean sections of the old stadium that will house the Rams until 2019 in search of artifacts from ancient civilizations, the excavation produced a startling discovery: Fisher’s offensive playbook. The field workers were startled to find one particular oddity on the pages of the Fisher offense … incredibly, the Fisher formations did not include an actual quarterback or forward passes. But the immediate excitement of this shocking finding quickly faded when astute Los Angeles Times sportswriter Sam Farmer broke the sobering news to the archeologists: this was not a rarity from a bygone era of NFL football. This was, in fact, a soiled copy of Fisher’s current playbook that the Rams will use again in 2016.
http://www.101sports.com/2016/03/23/stories-wont-see-hbos-hard-knocks-la-rams/

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Odd thing about last night is I dont remember Keenum's arm being that feeble. I would bet with this being the 1st time he was the day one starter that his arm is dead from getting a lot of reps in camp.

No excuse because he is a career backup, just seemed much weaker than I recall from last year and that could be the reason.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If we play this badly, you need an excuse. Start Goff, because our logic for starting Keenum already went out the window with the piss water, but start someone in place of Boras too. Give Goff a chance to win. That game plan, I don't anyone who could have won with that, seriously.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Goff could not even perform in practice so he's out.
Keenum is out after last night.
Might as well throw Mannion in there.

FRO

Legend
If Keenum were in the WWE he would be called a jobber, also known as the nameless random guy that always gets his brains beat out. If he is your starting QB the only way you make the playoffs is if your defense and run games are historically good. This isn't a playoff team. Start the future now.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let's just hunker down and let the future have every rep - come what may.

Bruce2980

Starter
Odd thing about last night is I dont remember Keenum's arm being that feeble. I would bet with this being the 1st time he was the day one starter that his arm is dead from getting a lot of reps in camp.

No excuse because he is a career backup, just seemed much weaker than I recall from last year and that could be the reason.
Nice thinking, but I have to disagree that Keenum is a career backup QB. After last nights game I think he got fired from that role by every team in the NFL except one. In all reality his arm could be shot, he obviously doesn't know how to use his body as a whip when throwing, it's all shoulder.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Shehawks are really basic in what they do, they just do it well. I would give Goff all the snaps for the game, preps and whatnot, and install a basic attack with play action and downfield shots for him to run. He's gonna see a lot of cover two, but has the accuracy to throw the ball into the teeth of that defense as long as they use play action.

Key for him is the protections. A max protect type approach would do the job, we have guys who can cause matchup problems. Tavon would be running MFing posts, go routes, and slants between the safeties. And the way Britt is playing right now he might be a beast if a QB puts the ball up for him, and Goff will do that.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Start with Keenum and see if they can get the offense back on track. The Seahawks will deploy a similar strategy vs what the 9ers rolled out. If the output is the same as last week through the first half and we the Rams are down double digits, make the switch to whomever #2 is. I would prefer Goff as he needs to start building repor with his teammates and only had one drive with 80% of the starters.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
If you take some shots down field, you'll force 4 or 5 guys off the line and into the secondary where they belong. In turn, giving your oline a chance.

this X100 people are saying our line was bad this game and that is the reason they struggled. you cant block 9 guys with 5 or 6 doesn't work that way. they actually played well in the second half but keenum got worse. bad throw on the int over the middle and a lollipop throw to quick on the sideline. ive seen enough of keenum he just cant get it done. start Goff and let him learn plus if you take away all the drops in PS goff would have had a pretty good PS

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
The OL wasn't completely blameLess in this debacle, namely Brown. How can a guy that fucking big be literally thrown into the backfield? Lost a lot of confidence in him Monday.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The OL wasn't completely blameLess in this debacle, namely Brown. How can a guy that freaking big be literally thrown into the backfield? Lost a lot of confidence in him Monday.
Agree on Brown. He was a guy the coaching staff was raving about last year in camp. He's clearly behind the others as far as quality of play. He has a ways to go to just be average.he needs experience.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let Fisher's replacement decide as that should have been his last game as the Ram's coach.
What if Kroenke sticks with Fisher another year? Seems crazy to me that Fisher wasn't fired after year three, so nothing is impossible.....Waiting for perfection for Goff, aint ever going to happen. If we are going to lose, I'd rather have Goff out there slinging the ball longer than 5 yards