With all the media negativity...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Rams are still a 6-4 team, and tied for 6th best point differential in the LEAGUE with GB and KC, two teams that nobody says stinks. Also better than Saints and Seahawks in pt differential. We are not a top team this year, but we ain't bad by any stretch.
pt diff.png

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I disagree as the games they have played show a bad team, but I will agree that the have a winning record.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I disagree as the games they have played show a bad team, but I will agree that the have a winning record.
Do you mean "bad" as in relative to last year?
I mean, the Bengals are a bad team.
The games I've seen played have shown a team that never quits; is in every game; battles hard despite above average diversity. I wouldn't put them top 5 in power rankings right now...but they are pretty fucking far from "bad".

This is the 2nd post I've seen from you today that cast shade on my favorite team. Almost like you are a niners fan in disguise trying to stir the pot.

Please explain why you chose the word "bad" to discribe this team.

oldnotdead

Legend
They have played the entire season with problems on the o-line as they struggle to find the right mix and adapt their play. They had to change their blocking scheme from an outside zone to gap and inside zone during the season, not as easy as it seems. This last game they played without 2/3 of their starting WR's. All this and they are still 6-4! Yet you say they are a bad team? Makes me wonder if you know footballl or have watched the games.

Bottom line is good teams find ways to win. Bad teams find ways to lose. The Rams have found ways to win more often then lose so IMO this isn't a "bad" team. It's a young team with a whole lot of new parts and inexperience at key positions. They are still coming together and gelling as a team. You ignore that the FO had the guts to realize their starting boundary CBs were a problem and moved to improve the problem.

Let's see how the Niners fare over the next 6 games when they play some top teams. I'm already on record saying they could lose 5 of those games. I'm also on record saying that if the o-line continues to improve the Rams can run the table.

Okay Alcatraz show you aren't a troll.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I actually enjoy my team being a bit under the radar. Which is not the Rams yet, as this young OL needs to string together more performances with teams gameplanning them to get a real look at them. But if they can provide a solid run game, just that, everything changes with this offense.

A one-dimensional McVay is something you can stop. But when he's got the ground game and can strike over the top you're in trouble. Can this line provide that? I mean they might be able to and that's pretty goddamn exciting in a season where I was thinking we were dead in the water.

So for me one game at a time. Let's go bully the Ravens' front seven with that ground game and let Goff settle in to the "Brady" role of benefitting from strong defense and a balanced attack. When you need points open it up a bit like they did vs the Bears. IMO that is the recipe for this group.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Seasons don’t really carry over, each season has its own story.
Look at the best teams from last year, Chiefs were the preseason pick now they’re shaky, the Saints were picked to finally close the deal now they’re anemic. Rams want to get back to the SB now they’ve been exposed.
There’s really no way to predict what the end of the year is like, the rams could even get hot. A few weeks ago the ravens were just ok, now they’re the best team in the conference.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams want to get back to the SB now they’ve been exposed.
And that story's still being written on the field with one-third of the season left to play. This ain't over yet.

IMO thus far the story is "the Rams realized their line wasn't good enough and rolled the dice in the hopes that come the next postseason they'd get in and their new line would be gelling at a great time." Well the early returns were pretty bad, then the injuries prevented that plan from possibly coming to fruition. But wait, enter two rookie OL and a castoff from the Browns of all teams... Could it happen the way the Rams planned but in a different way?

Who knows. But it's a lot better than how things looked a week ago. :)

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Do you mean "bad" as in relative to last year?
I mean, the Bengals are a bad team.
The games I've seen played have shown a team that never quits; is in every game; battles hard despite above average diversity. I wouldn't put them top 5 in power rankings right now...but they are pretty fucking far from "bad".

This is the 2nd post I've seen from you today that cast shade on my favorite team. Almost like you are a niners fan in disguise trying to stir the pot.

Please explain why you chose the word "bad" to describe this team.

Hello Alaska Ram,

"Do you mean "bad" as in relative to last year?" = Bad as in a team that is not playing well and is not a "Playoff Team".

"The Bengals are a bad team" = and they were on our schedule.

"The team never quits" = Very true, unlike the teams of Fisherball and back. My favorite part this year.

Top 5 power rankings? Really, above who?

The Rams have played poorly against this:
Carolina
Saints
Browns
Bucs
Seahawks
49ers
Falcons
Bengals
Steelers
Bears

49-51 combined which is solid except where our wins and loses hit. 49ers and Seahawks are great teams that we lost to, while we beat the Saints at the best possible time due to injury. With the real Rams we should be 10-0 :)

"This is the 2nd post I've seen from you today that cast shade on "OUR" favorite team. Almost like you are a Niners fan in disguise trying to stir the pot." - Yeah, I'm really a Niner fan because I don't think like you. Please.................48 years and counting and born in Anaheim.

Explanation of bad was given in one of those other posts and here, but for a third time and simplified...............bad = not a playoff team.

Just for more clarification for those who think opinions are facts, my comments are an opinion and the Rams could go undefeated and win the Superbowl from here.............I just don't think they will.

Last edited:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Hello Alaska Ram,

"Do you mean "bad" as in relative to last year?" = Bad as in a team that is not playing well and is not a "Playoff Team".

"The Bengals are a bad team" = and they were on our schedule.

"The team never quits" = Very true, unlike the teams of Fisherball and back. My favorite part this year.

Top 5 power rankings? Really, above who?

The Rams have played poorly against this:
Carolina
Saints
Browns
Bucs
Seahawks
49ers
Falcons
Bengals
Steelers
Bears

49-51 combined which is solid except where our wins and loses hit. 49ers and Seahawks are great teams that we lost to, while we beat the Saints at the best possible time due to injury. With the real Rams we should be 10-0 :)

"This is the 2nd post I've seen from you today that cast shade on "OUR" favorite team. Almost like you are a Niners fan in disguise trying to stir the pot." - Yeah, I'm really a Niner fan because I don't think like you. Please.................48 years and counting and born in Anaheim.

Explanation of bad was given in one of those other posts and here, but for a third time and simplified...............bad = not a playoff team.

Just for more clarification for those who think opinions are facts, my comments are an opinion and the Rams could go undefeated and win the Superbowl from here.............I just don't think they will.
Please accept my apology for saying you sound like a 9er fan. I realize that is the worst insult you can throw at another person. I've been a bit too sensitive lately. That damn game gave me high blood pressure last night.

Good response too. Bad = not a playoff team. Semantics I can live with. Good teams make the playoffs. Bad teams don't.

To me though, I'd say "bad" is what the Rams were when they didn't get over .500 football once during the first 8 years of my son lifetime. Before I could get him addicted to our "horns" he jumped on the Cam Newton bad wagon the year they went to the superbowl. Now he thinks he is a Panthers fan. I've failed as a father.

I digress.... as far as expectations go: One step at a time I guess.. Hoping they knock off the Ravens at home next Monday Night.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Please accept my apology for saying you sound like a 9er fan. I realize that is the worst insult you can throw at another person. I've been a bit too sensitive lately. That damn game gave me high blood pressure last night.

Good response too. Bad = not a playoff team. Semantics I can live with. Good teams make the playoffs. Bad teams don't.

To me though, I'd say "bad" is what the Rams were when they didn't get over .500 football once during the first 8 years of my son lifetime. Before I could get him addicted to our "horns" he jumped on the Cam Newton bad wagon the year they went to the superbowl. Now he thinks he is a Panthers fan. I've failed as a father.

I digress.... as far as expectations go: One step at a time I guess.. Hoping they knock off the Ravens at home next Monday Night.

No problem at all.......I kinda knew where it was coming from. You and I express of anxiety differently. :)

I should define it even more......

Pre McVay - Bad team = 500 or less
Post McVay - Bad Team = playoffs or not

Panthers....mine is a Broncos fan......................couldn't even help us with Minnesota!!!! :)