With a win on Sunday...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If we beat the Jags; how do you feel?

• It's the Jags. Doesn't mean much.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Depends on how badly we beat them.

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • At 2-3; I see light. The Texans game sets up an opportunity to get back in it.

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The last 3 weeks have been difficult on all of us. Particularly the last 2.

But in the NFL things change quickly. And... while at this very moment a turnaround is difficult to see... does a win change that?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we go out there and put up 30+ points on the Jags while holding them to 17 or under.(basically, win by 14+)

I'll say that bodes better for us. It might give us some much needed momentum and confidence...especially if the offense is firing on all cylinders. The key is getting Sam's confidence up.

But if we go out there and barely eke out a win, I think that tells us where our team lies talent wise.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
jrry32 said:
If we go out there and put up 30+ points on the Jags while holding them to 17 or under.(basically, win by 14+)

I'll say that bodes better for us. It might give us some much needed momentum and confidence...especially if the offense is firing on all cylinders. The key is getting Sam's confidence up.

But if we go out there and barely eke out a win, I think that tells us where our team lies talent wise.

I was going to say if we don't come out like hell on wheels and try everything to blow them out I will be dissapointed.
If we're in some 14-10 snooze fest I think it'll say more about how far we really have to go. They are scoring 8 points (just at) a game. If our D can't hold them to 10 or less than we have issues. They are giving up a ton of yards and points. If we don't put up a min of 24 points I presonally won't be happy. But more than anything I want to see one mistake free game (or at least close to). No more stupid ST penalties, giving up easy sacks and just dumb, lifeless play. I want to see the 52 sack team from last year and the offense we thought we started to see in game 1. Even the preseason had a couple 50 yards connections. I don't want to see what we have seen the last 3 games. Not in any way, shape or form. Give us something to be excited about the rest of the year. If you can't beat the worst team in the league, then you are the worst team in the league. And I surely don't think we are that.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I want to see 30+ points from our offense. 14 or less from our defense. If neither happens then its gonna be a long season.

Meh it's Jacksonville, if you're not beating Jacksonville you have serious problems, maybe we have serious problems even if we do beat Jacksonville.

…..

Legend
I'm expecting a win but even more than that, I am expecting exucution on all phases of the game.

Little worried about our secondary, but they've got WR's out so its a push.

Even so...this team is Jekyll/Hyde. Too young. Unfortunately, we cannot expect anything because the next week we'd get a totally different team.

A55VA6

Legend
If we win 14-10 or something, we have a problem.

If we win big, then we should be fine looking ahead.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
jrry32 said:

Yeah I still have a feeling it's gonna be a 19-11 or something stupid like that.

I hope it's a 33-3 ass whoopin.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Well, considering Fisher wants it close by design, I don't see any 30+ point game from the Rams. If they have a lead, they'll squat on it and it'll be the aforementioned snooze fest. Maybe...MAYBE they'll open it up a little to get a lead but it'll be run-heavy as soon as they do. This team will be playing tight, just like all the Spagnuolo teams did. Desperate for a win and scared to death to let one get away, they'll be ultra conservative at all opportunities.

I don't have much feel for the outcome of the game at all. Gabbert's been pretty terrible but the last thing you want to do is count chickens so I can't even assume the defense is going to stifle a struggling team like the Jaguars. They get Blackmon back and Gabbert's back "home" so who knows if they'll get a bug up their collective butts and have a good game?

My gut says low-scoring game so I'll say 19-13 Rams.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If we can beat them badly, it would do wonders for our confidence. However, if that happens, there is a chance we think everything is fine because of it, and that could be trouble. If we lose the game, the season is over folks.

iced

HE WITH HORNS said:
If we can beat them badly, it would do wonders for our confidence. However, if that happens, there is a chance we think everything is fine because of it, and that could be trouble. If we lose the game, the season is over folks.

pretty much

don't forget blackmon is back too

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It's my expectation that our running game does very well today which should make passing prolific.
I also expect our pass rush to be fierce maybe even record setting.
This team is hungry for a win and IMO will put the boots to any team they get up on early.
My focus will be on Jared Cook I want to see his blocking, he was supposed to be one of the reasons we'd be better when as of now he's been a liability in the run game and other than thep ah that made Matieu look like Ed Reed hasn't been remarcably effective

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, we have a habit of making some players look like All Pros and seem to let teams in a funk out of the box in our house so..................a perfect storm for the Jaguars? Hell, I hope not and don't expect it. I think pride will take over today, I just hope it is RAMS pride!

nighttrain

Legend
jrry32 said:

To eke out a win, well its a win and that would be all you could say. Certainly wouldn't give me confidence going forward.
train

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Thordaddy said:
It's my expectation that our running game does very well today which should make passing prolific.
I also expect our pass rush to be fierce maybe even record setting.
This team is hungry for a win and IMO will put the boots to any team they get up on early.
My focus will be on Jared Cook I want to see his blocking, he was supposed to be one of the reasons we'd be better when as of now he's been a liability in the run game and other than thep ah that made Matieu look like Ed Reed hasn't been remarcably effective
We never picked up cook for his blocking. It has never been a strong point of his game