Williamson ranks the division -- by position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Mike Sando
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/96782/initial-look-ranking-west-teams-by-position" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... y-position</a>

Pete from Bremerton, Wash., is a San Francisco 49ers fan living in Seattle Seahawks country. He has tired of locals assuming Seattle has built the strongest roster in the NFC West, and so he asked through the NFC West mailbag how I would rank theses division rivals by position.

We're going to expand this exercise to cover the entire division with a big assist from ESPN scout Matt Williamson.

ReSdstG.png

This has the potential to become a week-long discussion on the blog. I'm going to follow up with Matt on the phone Tuesday. First, though, I've published his rankings in a chart that should get the discussion moving quickly.

My rankings would line up with Matt's just about across the board. My initial thought was to rank Arizona's defensive line higher and Seattle's lower. I also might have ranked the 49ers' cornerbacks higher. However, we're talking about small degrees of difference in some cases, so a ranking disparity of three spots can be misleading.

Matt and I will pick up the discussion Tuesday. I'll also run through some of the comments left beneath this item. This is a conversation I look forward to continuing.

Note: The rankings are for the 2013 based on existing personnel. We were not projecting for the longer-term future.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't care what anyone says, I'd take Sam Bradford over a guy who can't stand tall against pressure or see over his linemen and a guy who can't throw or read a field for shit. I don't care what they can do with their legs, QB's make their money with their arm.

Our D-Line is better than Seattle... CB... Well Sherman is overrated.

Also I watched our coach mind fuck every coach in the NFC West twice each.... So yeah.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
EastRam said:
Did they really rank coach a 3?

:what:
That's the worst part. Did Williamson not see how that all went last year?

Asshat. :neh:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He doesn't want me to rank him as a reporter, that's for sure. :amped:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Hes not a reporter hes a Bobble headed troll

I mean really coach 3 how do you put either Jeff harbaugh ahead of Fisher let alone Petey fu#kin Carrol Fisher barf

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is how we should rank:
QB: 2(I'm sure I'll get how is Bradford better than Kaepernick...look at the talent around Kaepernick and the system he's in...breaking his game down on coach's film, Bradford is presently the better QB)
HB: 4
WR: 4
TE: 2
OL: 3
DL: 1
LB: T3(And if we count Washington's suspension...we would be #3 by ourselves)
CB: 2
S: 4
Coach: 2(Harbaugh is #1)

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
He doesn't want me to rank him as a reporter, that's for sure. :amped:
lol, me too

Those rankings were ridiculous. Our D-line is 3rd? Hell, our D line might be the best in the NFL next year. Sam Bradford is 3rd? Seriously? Does anyone know what he has to work with? Give him San Francisco's O-line and receivers and see where he ranks. And our coach being third is laughable. He really is the best in the division. These rankings are worthless.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
That man's a donkey...

Fisher screwed the rest of the division last year (you don't go 4-1-1 with an admittedly developing young side, without out - thinking your opponent.

SF couldn't beat us last year, Seattle's momentum gave them the win at the end of the season.

And don't get me started on Bradford (he has the physical ability to get the job done, every other NFL coach knows that, so why do the journalists ignore it?) - he's going to be a different QB this season again, a boosted O-line and WRs with hunger = game changer baby!

edit - ohh and D-line, do sack counts etc not count in this???

I tell you, that man's a donkey!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
That man's a donkey...

Fisher screwed the rest of the division last year (you don't go 4-1-1 with an admittedly developing young side, without out - thinking your opponent.

SF couldn't beat us last year, Seattle's momentum gave them the win at the end of the season.

And don't get me started on Bradford (he has the physical ability to get the job done, every other NFL coach knows that, so why do the journalists ignore it?) - he's going to be a different QB this season again, a boosted O-line and WRs with hunger = game changer baby!

lol... that must be an English thing, yeah?
I hear Gordon Ramsay say that all the time.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
shaunpinney said:
That man's a donkey...

lol... that must be an English thing, yeah?
I hear Gordon Ramsay say that all the time.

lol - I guess so - sorry I need to come with subtitles ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
mojorizen7 said:
jrry32 said:
Why? Just curious. I'd like to know.

He's a rival but I respect his game. Like Fisher, he's a motivator that makes his guys want to run through walls for him. At the same time, he's also an excellent Xs and Os coach...especially on the offensive side. Him and Roman scheme players open and scheme around their QBs' strengths(while masking weaknesses) as well as anyone in the league.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wouldn't want my name associated with those rankings.

Terrible.

Carroll ahead of Fisher? LOL. 2x NFL HC drop out? Got busted for cheating at USC?

Makes no sense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
jrry32 said:
mojorizen7 said:
jrry32 said:

He's a rival but I respect his game. Like Fisher, he's a motivator that makes his guys want to run through walls for him. At the same time, he's also an excellent Xs and Os coach...especially on the offensive side. Him and Roman scheme players open and scheme around their QBs' strengths(while masking weaknesses) as well as anyone in the league.
Fair enough Jrry.
There aren't too many NFL head coaches/staffs who can make in-game adjustments on the fly like Jeff Fisher can...and certainly not among the coaches within this division....Carroll,Harbaugh and formerly Whizenhunt's ego's seem to be their own worst enemy at times when their gameplans aren't working out.

I dont believe im being too biased here either.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:
mojorizen7 said:
jrry32 said:

But he's a gigantic douche. So Fish = #1
:bg: