Williams #31 - Rapp #24

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Both are very good players.
Rapp is going to be pro-bowl level for sure.

Williams, although has not shown as much as Rapp yet, I have a strange feeling he will be a very very good DB. Like a rare find good. We need to not let #31 go this off season.

Other than that, CRAP! We could be in the playoffs if Greg could have made that field goal in Seattle, or no pick 6 against SF, etc.
Vikings lost last 2 games.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Last person who wore 31 on the Rams from what I can remember was Adam Archuleta. Williams played good and Rapp came back and made up for his previous mistakes...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Williams, although has not shown as much as Rapp yet, I have a strange feeling he will be a very very good DB. Like a rare find good. We need to not let #31 go this off season.

Other than that, CRAP! We could be in the playoffs if Greg could have made that field goal in Seattle, or no pick 6 against SF, etc.

I believe he'll make it easier to part with a CB as a CAP Casualty this next off-season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I can't say enough about Williams. I mean the guy has outperformed expectations so badly it's hard to believe he's that good. Really gotta give the defensive staff credit for what they've done with him too.

And yes Rapp is going to be a star. But he's not a deep safety IMO, just like Weddle wasn't. We need to find that or get JJ going at a high level in that role and lock him up.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I don't know what Williams runs in the 40, but he's fast. He had no problem turning and running with any AZ WR. He has awareness playing the ball. That INT was a very impressive adjustment to a tipped ball. He will play a nice role in the CB room next season, he can ball.

oldnotdead

Legend
JJ is far better than what Weddle brings to the table at this part of his career. In fact Christian is a far better safety at this point. I simply can't see them keeping Eric this off season. Offer Weddle and Whitworth assist coaching jobs. Hell I'd rather have Andrew as the o-line coach rather than Kromer.

I knew Williams was good just by his metrics and practices. He's far better than Hill and more versatile than NRC.

Rapp will be a pro bowl caliber safety sooner rather than later. He's opening eyes. With Rapp and JJ they will have an excellent pair of starting safeties. With Ramsey, Long, and Williams they are 3 deep at CB. I think they will draft a CB this year so they can be truly 4 deep at the position. NRC simply can't play boundary and his inside limitations are evident, and not worth what he's due to make in 2020.

fearsomefour

Legend
I like all of the young DBs.
Hill, Rapp, Williams, Long all have shown well.
Some good young talent across the roster.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think right off the bat Weddle, Mathews, and NRC are cap casualties. Williams could be the new NRC or find the next NRC again for cheap.thats basically our new lineman depending on which position they targeting.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't get to watch the Arizona game yet, but I haven't seen enough good from Long to say he's going to be great or even good.
He got beat on 2 insane dimes by Murray but was in good coverage both times. But honestly dude idk what it is really it’s more of a feeling I have and it’s hard to explain why. He just mirrors very well ...as he learns the d and the league I think he’s going to be a + corner in this league

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He got beat on 2 insane dimes by Murray but was in good coverage both times. But honestly dude idk what it is really it’s more of a feeling I have and it’s hard to explain why. He just mirrors very well ...as he learns the d and the league I think he’s going to be a + corner in this league
It's the mirroring for me that gets me. He's just a very fluid corner.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think right off the bat Weddle, Mathews, and NRC are cap casualties. Williams could be the new NRC or find the next NRC again for cheap.thats basically our new lineman depending on which position they targeting.

Long or William's will be the next NRC. Williams is a baller on the outside tho

dang

Legend
V

Vikings didn’t play many starters in the final game.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Long or William's will be the next NRC. Williams is a baller on the outside tho

Agreed and even for depth sake you may be able to find another NRC on the cheap lik we did originally but yes Williams may be that dude but he probably belongs on the outside

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Williams is for real. He's an explosive athlete who has refined his game and a superb find by Snead and company. IMO he will probably win that job opposite Ramsey in camp next year.

“I think (the NFL scouts) like a lot of things — his length, his speed,” said UAB head coach Bill Clark, according to 247Sports. “Now, with physicality, that light came on early in the year. When you got all those things — smart, good person, good player, really intelligent player. He’s got all the attributes that they’re looking for.”

How good was his pro day? Top-10 cornerback good.
Williams’ finished his pro day workout with a 4.44 second 40-yard dash (tied for No. 9 among combine top CB performers), a 39” vertical jump (tying for second-best CB jump at the combine) and a 6.84 second 3-cone drill (would’ve put him at No. 10 among CBs at the combine).

UAB Football

@UAB_FB

https://twitter.com/UAB_FB/status/971758234901114880

.@Dee_Willl2 may make the @NFL add height to this bar
1f430.png
1f430.png
1f430.png

Embedded video

8:43 AM - Mar 8, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

107 people are talking about this

He helped UAB to a surprisingly good season, especially on defense.Williams’s pro day results were just the cherry on top of a senior season that included helping UAB’s defense rank among some of the best in the country.

They fielded a top-50 defense! Think about that! They ranked in the top 25 in defensive success rate and in the top 15 against the pass.
The Blazers weren’t just back last season, they were actually pretty good. After almost completing rebuilding in just a couple recruiting cycles, they ended up going 6-0 at home and 6-2 against conference opponents, finishing their first season back with a 8-5 record. It was also only the second time in program history that UAB had made a bowl game — even if they would lose 6-41 to Ohio in the Bahamas Bowl.

UAB hasn’t had a player drafted since 2015, and among the program’s 12 all-time draft picks, only three of those have been defensive backs. The two most successful NFL DBs out of UAB were both drafted in 1998, Dainon Sidney (Tennessee Titans) and Izell Reese (Dallas Cowboys). And the most recent DB taken was almost two decades ago, when Rodregis Brooks was picked in the seventh round by the Indianapolis Colts in 2000.

The team that drafts Darious Williams will get a ball hawk.
Aside from the obvious athleticism displayed during his pro day, Williams has found success as a ball hawk in the secondary. One of the few players to stick around after the program was shutdown for financial reasons following the 2014 season, Williams returned the field last season with new motivation to dominate — which is exactly what he did.

Williams finished his senior campaign with the Blazers with 50 total tackles (4 for loss), 15 pass breakups, and five (!!!) interceptions resulting in one pick-6. He finished 2017 ranked No. 2 in Conference USA for interceptions made, and No. 1 in passes defended.

DX4jXkwWAAE54CX.jpg

Williams may not have garnered the same amount of national attention as Ohio State’s Denzel Ward or Iowa’s Josh Jackson, but he quietly had a senior season that was among the best in the country. He was named a 2018 PFF First Team All-American, thanks to finishing the year with the second-highest coverage grade of any cornerback in the FBS.

DQihg2JXkAApaEX.jpg

Keep paying attention to UAB.
Things are looking up for the once defunct program with news that the team is getting a new stadium. Whatever NFL team does notice Williams, will be getting a steal. He will also be a walking endorsement for the potential of players at overlooked schools like UAB. After going through the adversity he did in his four years in Birmingham, Williams’s transition to the NFL will be even sweeter.