Will these players be counted on for 17 games? (Injury history)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
This is a list of players from recent memory that have had back luck ending up on the injured list for what ever the various reasons were.

Some of these players had fluke injuries for the first time in their careers and some of them have been injured a couple of times to make you wonder about their durability.

Terrell Lewis
DeSean Jackson
Micah Kiser
Darrell Henderson
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Travin Howard
Taylor Rapp
Cooper Kupp
Brian Allen
Justin Lawler
Joseph Noteboom
Terrell Burgess
Cam Akers
John Wolford
Andrew Whitworth

I'm sure there are a few more players on the current roster that could be added to this list.

I'm not projecting any of them will miss games in 2021 but I have my concerns.

The NFL is a brutal/physical contact sport and there will be players not named on this list that will likely miss games in 2021 due to fluke injuries. This is just the reality in the NFL.

Is there a pattern with some of these players?

Will 40% or more of these players get injured again during the 2021 season?

af958090de59d63a3075ac7febcdbdfd.png

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Injuries are a big part of every NFL teams season. I hope they all have less injuries than they have had in the past.

Ram65

Legend
That's some list.

Let's hope they can stay away from season-ending injuries. Missing a game or a few wouldn't be devastating. This Rams team has more depth IMHO. You never know about injuries. The Rams staff seems to do a good job keeping them healthy. The Rams have had their share of fluke injuries.

I would like to see McVay sit starters more when games are in hand. No need to lose a starter unnecessarily. He seems to like to keep starters on the field too long in the past.

dang

Legend
17 game schedule. Playoffs within reach. This is the year to have depth and rotate. Don’t need to grind anyone into the ground. As example I could see 4 RBs with decent playing time this season. Keep Akers and Henderson as fresh as possible for the long haul.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is why every time you add a guy with injury history it adds on to that BS. Just basic injury is already bad enough as a risk. We already have a stud in Kupp who is a big injury risk and who we need to make a Super Bowl run IMO. Him and Whit for that matter and while Whit isn't a historical injury risk guy his age adds that I think. So add some others like Lewis and Funk (assuming he can carve out a role) and DJax and all of a sudden you're sort of hoping for a miracle.

And don't get me wrong here, I'm not negative about this. I think we have the team to get it done. But we're definitely gonna need injuries to go our way by not hitting the key guys to do it.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To answer your thread’s question…

NO.

We’re screwed.

(Kidding, of course)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matthew STafford : will play inured.
Terrell Lewis
DeSean Jackson: 7 games and then tits up.
Micah Kiser
Darrell Henderson: available for half the games, injured in practice.
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Travin Howard
Taylor Rapp
Cooper Kupp: will miss 4 games
Brian Allen
Justin Lawler
Joseph Noteboom:available for 13 games. Injured when filling in for Whit?
Terrell Burgess
Cam Akers: will miss 3-4 games.
John Wolford: won't see the field except in garbage time. Available for 17 games.
Andrew Whitworth: 13 games before he wears down.

:fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
This is a list of players from recent memory that have had back luck ending up on the injured list for what ever the various reasons were.

Some of these players had fluke injuries for the first time in their careers and some of them have been injured a couple of times to make you wonder about their durability.

Terrell Lewis
DeSean Jackson
Micah Kiser
Darrell Henderson
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Travin Howard
Taylor Rapp
Cooper Kupp
Brian Allen
Justin Lawler
Joseph Noteboom
Terrell Burgess
Cam Akers
John Wolford
Andrew Whitworth

I'm sure there are a few more players on the current roster that could be added to this list.

I'm not projecting any of them will miss games in 2021 but I have my concerns.

The NFL is a brutal/physical contact sport and there will be players not named on this list that will likely miss games in 2021 due to fluke injuries. This is just the reality in the NFL.

Is there a pattern with some of these players?

Will 40% or more of these players get injured again during the 2021 season?

af958090de59d63a3075ac7febcdbdfd.png
No, every one of them will be injured. Not only that, in the long run we're all dead.

oldnotdead

Legend
Terrell Lewis will be a backup with Hollins the starter. If his knee isn't healed when OTAs start next year he's gone.
DeSean Jackson is a rotational player in a 3 player rotation so any loss games are mitigated.
Micah Kiser might not make the team, if he loses time again he's gone next year since they drafted Jones
Darrell Henderson I think he might miss a couple of games, but with Funk in rotation he might be ok.
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo like Kiser he might not make the team (if J. Williams flashes in camp) and if he does get hurt he's gone next year
Travin Howard might not make the cut with pressure from Moncrief
Taylor Rapp he should be fine
Cooper Kupp, his knee is a legit concern and I think they will play him with a snap count since they have Jefferson
Brian Allen if Corbett is the starter at center he might not make the cut with Shelton on the roster
Justin Lawler too much competition and think he won't make the cut
Joseph Noteboom his injury was a freak thing caused by Allen so I think he will be fine
Terrell Burgess should be fine but with Scott playing well any lost time is mitigated
Cam Akers should be fine as with the long season he will see more rotation. Also, with Henderson and Funk they won't lose a step
John Wolford he probably won't see the field
Andrew Whitworth should be okay but with Noteboom they are covered