Will the Number 3 QB For Training Camp Please Stand Up?/Dylan Thompson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I kinda like Scott's story....Oxy was a powerhouse of D-3 in the 80's....so was Redlands....but anyway...I'm still holding out hope for this guy....

hqdefault.jpg

Although I hear he's moved to TE....oh well, flip him back...
They'll sign some one for tc and I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone with NFL experience.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/30/rams-add-a-third-quarterback-to-the-roster/

Rams add a third quarterback to the roster
Posted by Josh Alper on May 30, 2017

498319176-e1496166686398.jpg
Getty Images

With only two quarterbacks on their 90-man roster as Organized Team Activities got underway, the Rams were an outlier among the NFL’s 32 teams.

That changed on Monday. The team announced that they have signed Dylan Thompson and that running back De’Mard Llorens has been waived in a corresponding move.

It’s Thompson’s second stint with the Rams. He was with the team in training camp and the preseason last year before being dropped as they made their way to 53 players. Thompson was an undrafted free agent in 2015 and spent most of the year on the 49ers’ practice squad before being promoted to the active roster when Colin Kaepernick was placed on injured reserve.

Thompson joins Jared Goff and Sean Mannion on the Rams’ depth chart at quarterback and opting for Thompson over Kaepernick and other backup possibilities suggests that the Rams aren’t going out of their way to knock Mannion out of the No. 2 spot.

Ram65

Legend
Bryan Scott of Division III Occidental College as I for one hope the Dylan Thompson shipped has sailed.

Oh well, was that the jinx that got us Thompson. I don't know what this guy brings to the Rams.

What the scoop on Thompson?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh well, was that the jinx that got us Thompson. I don't know what this guy brings to the Rams.

What the scoop on Thompson?

He knew where the sun rose and where it set...Seriously though, not sure, but he had the most experience over the other two and might adjust to the offense better being that he was under Spurrier.

USATSI_9419271-718x490.jpg

While one former South Carolina QB was cut Tuesday, another one was signed to an NFL contract.

Earlier Tuesday, Connor Shaw was released by the Chicago Bears; however his former South Carolina teammate Dylan Thompson signed with the Los Angeles Rams for the second time in his career.

Thompson’s agent — Element Sports Group — tweeted out the news Tuesday.

View image on Twitter
DBFjBZfUAAAXrn4.jpg:small

Follow
Element Sports Group

✔@element_sports

CONGRATS @DylanPThompson on signing with the @RamsNFL
1f44a.png
Time to put in work! #ElementFamily

12:04 PM - 30 May 2017

Following his career at South Carolina, Thompson signed a free agent contract with the 49ers in May of 2015, but he was cut four months later in September. He then signed with the 49ers practice squad before being promoted to the active squad after Colin Kaepernick was placed on injured reserve. Thompson then signed with the Rams after he was cut by the 49ers last May. The Rams released Thompson last August.

During his four-year career at South Carolina, Thompson threw for 5,391 yards, 40 touchdowns and 16 INTs.