Will smith slaps &$@! Out of Chris Rock.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If this wasn’t staged this is assault. If a fan got up on stage he gets arrested even without the slap.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
No way this was staged.

The Will Smith rant afterwards was unhinged.

I had to ask my wife what was the meaning of the joke. I didn't get it.

Evidently the openly promiscuous wife of Will Smith has Alopecia. So to save some from the Google search I had to do it is losing your hair. Even eye lashes and eye brows. Many shave their head so it doesn't look like mange.

The joke was not a good joke and that brassen punch is a sad symbol of our society today. Console the criminal and ignore the victim. Why not just say his piece where he was sitting.

If that was just a guest in the audience walking up and doing that there would have been an arrest and charges. The only word that applies is hypocrisy.

Our country has totally lost its way. We were suppose to be the ones who defend our morals and values and not tolerate this type of behavior.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
No way this was staged.

The Will Smith rant afterwards was unhinged.

I had to ask my wife what was the meaning of the joke. I didn't get it.

Evidently the openly promiscuous wife of Will Smith has Alopecia. So to save some from the Google search I had to do it is losing your hair. Even eye lashes and eye brows. Many shave their head so it doesn't look like mange.

The joke was not a good joke and that brassen punch is a sad symbol of our society today. Console the criminal and ignore the victim. Why not just say his piece where he was sitting.

If that was just a guest in the audience walking up and doing that there would have been an arrest and charges. The only word that applies is hypocrisy.

Our country has totally lost its way. We were suppose to be the ones who defend our morals and values and not tolerate this type of behavior.

The Oscars are the biggest culprit/loser here, imo.
Allowing Smith to stay in the audience and then accept his award was unacceptable.

Smith? I kinda liked him before. Not now. His acceptance speech sealed the deal on that one.. rationalizing violent behavior.. That's some serious bullshit.

Rock? He told a joke that was in quite poor taste. So, call him out when you accept your award.. which everyone knew Smith was going to win.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Awards shows are still a thing?
For some people. I haven’t watched in ages.

1648487248825.jpeg

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

This is the part that really gets me. Will and Jada Smith supposedly have an "open" marriage and apparently its no secret that she's seen more cocks than an in-processing doctor at a military boot camp, but this was beyond the pale? A GI Jane joke?

Hey Will, here's a clue - I like my coffee like I like my women. You know, without some other guy's c0ck in it. You should try it sometime.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What a POS…plain and simple. Haven’t liked him before this but now he’s just a sh*tty actor with an sh*tty attitude. What an entitled prick.

Rewatched the clip yep I hate him. I praise Rock for his composure and demeanor. Will Smith is a f***ing street punk.
His apology was more like an excuse too. For someone who should be used to the spotlight he looked like an amateur
Awards shows are still a thing?
I quit watching them once the number of TV channels expanded. Most of them are just a publicity stunt to make the industry more successful.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That was a lame joke.

Wil Smith’s first mistake was laughing at that joke. Going after Chris seemed like he knew he screwed up and suddenly had to prove to his wife that he didn’t think the joke was funny.

If he didn’t laugh at all he could have said to Jada, “ oh I’m gonna have words with him backstage”.

Flint

Pro Bowler
If you’re Will and Jada and you’re in the front row at an awards show, guess what, somebody’s gonna come at you. And if you want to share intimate details of your personal life people are gonna make jokes. This was really unhinged, and then screaming from his seat, totally bonkers.
They should’ve asked him to leave but they were in a shitty situation considering he won a major award. Really a bitch move considering Smith’s probably got 4 inches and 60lbs on Chris Rock. What if Rock doesn’t just take it?Somebody slaps you there might be a fight in the next 10 seconds. Then you got Jaden chiming in after it’s over, “that’s how we do it”, why didn’t you do it then?
They should’ve never let him make an acceptance speech cuz that didn’t help at all. He’s talking bout protecting people, from what? Comedians with bad jokes? That joke may have been out of bounds but look on Twitter today if you want to see some shit. And he’s protecting the girls who play the Williams sisters, what? They’re actresses why do they need protecting? They have parents and agents right?
Smith is a huge star so it’s not going to affect his career but this stain isn’t going to come out for a long time.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Furthermore, not only did he assault Rock, but it was a total sucker punch, bitch-ass type move. Rock didnt see that coming, after all Smith was initially laughing at the joke. Then he screams at Rock, "Keep my wife's name out of your f#$%ing mouth".
TWICE
I mean seriously now, Jada's name should be the least of his worries regarding things of hers ending up in anyone's mouth

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His apology was more like an excuse too. For someone who should be used to the spotlight he looked like an amateur

I quit watching them once the number of TV channels expanded. Most of them are just a publicity stunt to make the industry more successful.
I agree. I read a little bit of it. I won’t rant, just would not have had Rock’s extremely controlled response.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’ll just agree to disagree.

Rock’s been talking shit about Jada for a long ass time and this was the last straw. I guess people don’t know how hard Will has worked to stop the piling on for years…

I’m sure Will Smith will deal with any consequences, but no way the dude who produced “Good Hair” didn’t understand the ramifications of talking about Jada’s hair situation in front of her husband (their relationship isn’t anyone’s business) in front of a global audience. Chris Rock’s from Brooklyn. He had to know…

Let’s put this in football terms. Jim Everett dumped Jim Rome on his ass for nothing more than calling him “Chris” and most Rams fans cheered and backed Everett. I know I sure as hell did. Rome was talking that shit to his face and found out.

We’ve all been there… maybe we quit a job instead of slapping someone or maybe we moved some furniture when someone went too far, but all this pearl clutching and whatnot is amusing to me. Normally I’m on the other side of these issues… it’s kinda weird, to be honest.

Ultimately, it was a minor interaction that will be settled at some point. I fully expect them to have a sit down and hash it out. I’d be surprised if they didn’t.

If only it could just be an Oscar footnote… like how they gave Polanski an Oscar in 2003… 26 years after he was found guilty of child rape and fled the country… seems like a bigger deal to me… Casey Affleck…Woody Allen…Harvey Weinstein…Keven Spacey… and that’s the short list. No Oscars returned, and only Polanski was expelled and that wasn’t until 2018.

I support Jim Everett… take from that what you will.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Spider-man was seen texting other Spider-mans to see if Will Smith slapped Chris Rock in their universe as well

297b3-16484482613482-1920.jpg