Will Rams G.M. Les Snead be replaced?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Lets see last years 2014 First round pick DT Aaron Donald played in the pro bowl and his 2nd season Donald was even better he could be the defensive player in the NFL.

The 2013 First round pick RB/SL/PR Tavon Austin has turned Dangerous with every touch........the other 2013 First round pick LB'er Alec Ogletree was well on his way to a all pro season before breaking his leg. Then Snead following up act 2015's first round pick Gurley ends up in the pro bowl toooooooo.

Also mentions..... Barron came here by the use of a 4th round pick. UDFA Gaines was an all outstanding rookie CB last season. UDFA Hekker is a pro bowl kicker for the 2nd yr in a row. Should I go on?

The talent is here but the coaching has been questionable.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Someone is still paying Florio huh? Must like his spell check and grammar

DenverRam

Starter
snead never has had his high pick of a QB either. So when he does draft one, i think it will pan out.

Memphis Ram

Legend
St. Louis: Coach Jeff Fisher is reportedly safe. Is that same statement true for G.M. Les Snead? Some think that the team will need to do something to address another season of failed expectations. Still, Fisher has shown no indication to move on from Snead.

Coach move on from the GM?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Lets see last years 2014 First round pick DT Aaron Donald played in the pro bowl and his 2nd season Donald was even better he could be the defensive player in the NFL.

The 2013 First round pick RB/SL/PR Tavon Austin has turned Dangerous with every touch........the other 2013 First round pick LB'er Alec Ogletree was well on his way to a all pro season before breaking his leg. Then Snead following up act 2015's first round pick Gurley ends up in the pro bowl toooooooo.

Also mentions..... Barron came here by the use of a 4th round pick. UDFA Gaines was an all outstanding rookie CB last season. UDFA Hekker is a pro bowl kicker for the 2nd yr in a row. Should I go on?

The talent is here but the coaching has been questionable.

This year's draft is pretty good already... Gurley, Havenstein, Brown, wichmann... Mannion tbd but may work out yet.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Snead's done a good job drafting but his FA pickups have been suspect. If I remember correctly, Cook was all him. Fisher expressed some reluctance when he heard that he was a target. Wells, Finnegan, Long... there were some real FA misses. Some of the role-players have been good to great though.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
QUARTERBACK get a decent one and we will win alot of games.Our o-line has had its problems but managed to give up a low sack count and opened holes for a 1000+ yard Rb.We can pickup a Wr in the draft we have 3 primo picks.But we will go nowhere without a decent Qb to lead this team.Where that Qb will come from is still TBD but the right one is out there they just need to find him.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Fisher hired the wrong OC, Fisher played the wrong QB, Fisher is the coach that goes into a shell on offense as soon as he has a three point lead. Snead's only problem is drafting too much on potential in the second round and missing on some free agents and that could be on Fisher as well.

fearsomefour

Legend
They came in together and I think both are safe. If the Rams win in SF next week the team is 8-8. There has been much heartache and headaches this year, but, after four years the team is -7 wins under Fisher/Snead. It has not been a disaster. Stretches of certain years have been of course. I would be very surprised if anything changes.
This, however, was the highlight of the story to me.........

San Francisco: The news that G.M. Trent Baalke has been coaching defensive backs
Man, I hope this is true.
Another glaring sign the organization in SF is so messed up, dumpster fire and I love it.
The GM coaching??....what is it, 1962?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Fisher's control of the draft is the reason for the lack of offense! Snead stays and Fisher goes!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Fisher has had his issues, they both have; I can see why they made some decisions which just haven't worked out. Rushing Bradford back to the field in 2014 was a mistake. Drafting Pead in the 2nd was a mistake. But, was Quick a mistake? the light bulb clicked on & he was busting out just before he shredded his shoulder--could've been a career ender right there. Was Jake Long a mistake? maybe, but he WAS the best F/A LT on the market, and Fisher/Snead managed to land him despite stiff competition. Fisher picked Cignetti over Boras, again looking like a mistake, but weren't we all thinking at the beginning of the year (esp. after the first W over the Hags) this was a brilliant move? And that getting Foles & dumping Bradford's massive salary was a brilliant move? Though Foles flamed out, this may yet prove to be a great move--Bradford failed to get Chip K. to the playoffs. The Rams, meanwhile, have the lowest sack rate in the league--maybe it's because we no longer have a statue for a QB?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Sorry, meant to add:
Some other misses could be mentioned (Finnegan, Wells, Cook to a certain extent), but how about their successes???
The Draft: Ogletree, Tavon, Stedman (good slot WR for his draft #), Janoris, Gregzilla, Brockers, DONALD, EJ Gaines, Bam-Bam, Tre Mason (great RB2, maybe even RB1a), Tru Jo, TJ Mac, Grob (jury's still out folks), Joyner, Mo Alexander, C. Bryant, GURLEY, Havenstein, Brown, Wichmann,
UDFA's: McCleod, HEKKER, Marquez (looks to be a keeper), Cody Davis, Darrell Williams, Westbrooks, Harkey
F/A's: Britt, Ayers, Barron (what a steal), Fairley, Hayes, Reynolds, Keenum

There's some still waiting to be proven, namely Mannion; and, suspiciously missing on this list is a QB#1 (which they thought they had in Bradford) and a WR#1 (which they thought they had in Quick until his shoulder turned into spaghetti). The OL looked like a dumpster fire after 2014, but after they attacked this problem this year, it's looking much, much better & with a lot more promise than it has in a long time. If they choose to attack the QB#1 problem and/or WR#1 problem w/ their 2016 picks, which I strongly believe they will, this roster will be amazing compared to the 2011 team Snisher inherited--what a talent-deprived unit, other than Quinn & perhaps Long & Lauranitis.

Give them another year to fix their mistakes (Cignetti, Foles) and I think this will be a contending team in 2016.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IIRC wasn't Snead talking Fisher into trading for the fifth and risking losing Wagner? Wasn't Pead and Quick his picks? Maybe Fisher is more to credit with guys like Donald? He is regarded as a very good talent evaluator.........with the exception of QBs.

Maybe Fisher would be the best one to retain when it comes to finding players.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think that retaining Fisher and firing Snead would be the final straw for me.

That would be beyond stupid on BOTH counts.

And you can't fix stupid, they say.

With Fisher in complete control over football operations, is there anyway we will know what power Snead has been given? Is he just a puppet, or was he given the authority to make some of the picks on draft day?