Will Fowler Out Price Himself With The Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
If Fowler keeps on playing the rest of the season as well as he did this past Sunday (And, Hopefully, He will!) is there anyway the Rams will be able to afford to re-sign him?

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well he's on Pace for 32 sacks so if he plays as well as he did sunday for the rest of the year we'd better find a way to afford him lol ok in all seriousness I think that if he becomes a 12 sack guy they pay him. If his play is up and down, then the contract was basically their way if buying another year to evaluate, sorta like how they tagged trumaine

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I don't think Fowler will be back regardless if he plays bad, good, or elite. He'll be allowed to chase the biggest and longest term contract possible.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I like Fowler and think he's a talented player but I'm not so sure. Both of his sacks were based on scheme not his ability, one was on a stunt with Donald, and the other McCaffrey was the person blocking him. He also didn't seal his gap on a running play in the 1st half that resulted in 15yd run.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anxious to see. Would be a good problem to have.

What’s the alternative, hoping he plays so-so? :oops:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Fowler could very well be extended, IMO. IF he continues on this trajectory.

Look, he’s not just a pass rush one trick pony. He defends the run very well and sets the edge nicely.

He’s young, he’s healthy, he’s a good teammate, not a headcase (as Peters can sometimes be).

Such players have great value. So, can the Rams and Fowler find a place in the middle where both can be happy? Assuming that Fowler has a helluva year? We’ll see...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Doubtful Fowler has the supporting cast on another team like he does here with Aaron Donald, although likely to have success and command top dollar elsewhere, having Donald on the DL isn't hurting him one bit.
Let's activate and play Obo just to make sure we have a quality player ready to take over if we should lose Fowler.
If it should come down to keeping either Peters or Fowler, my pick is with paying Fowler.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He played well last year at the end of the season and through the playoffs.

He seemed to blossom into what he was supposed to be.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’m looking at that we have to re-sign Kupp very soon. He takes precedent over anyone else at this point I believe.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m looking at that we have to re-sign Kupp very soon. He takes precedent over anyone else at this point I believe.

What about LB Cory Littleton? When will he become a Free Agent? LOUSY Question BUT if you could only re-sign one of them would it be Kupp or Littleton! Personally, I think they both will be Rams for a very long time!!!

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What about LB Cory Littleton? When will he become a Free Agent? LOUSY Question BUT if you could only re-sign one of them would it be Kupp or Littleton! Personally, I think they both will be Rams for a very long time!!!

That’s not even a question to me. Kupp all day long and twice on Sunday.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he does that’s fine, Les loves him some comp picks.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I could easily see him getting around 12 sacks this year, Rams franchise him, another decent season follows, and the Rams let him sign elsewhere while picking up a compensatory pick in 2022.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I feel like if Fowler has an elite year, they'll pay him and let Peters go. They're already paying him 12 millionish this year, correct? Just being a CB, Peters jump in cash would be more and therefore more expendable.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I hope he plays like he's playing for a big contract. That will benefit us well this year. Next year, be what it may.

dang

Legend
Sign him now. He will only get more expensive as the season progresses. 4year $40 million but only guarantee $25m.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
If Fowler keeps on playing the rest of the season as well as he did this past Sunday (And, Hopefully, He will!) is there anyway the Rams will be able to afford to re-sign him?
As much as I want him to play well enough to warrant a contract offer from the Rams, there are going to be some tough decisions to make in terms of who and who doesn’t get offered a contract. I feel like the Rams could draft and Edge player and get similar production for a fraction of the pay. If only two of Kupp, Littleton, and Fowler can be re-signed, I’m going with Kupp and Littleton. I wish the Rams would have extended Littleton this past offseason to get him a little cheaper. I like Fowler. I just don’t know if he’s worth a multi year deal at $15-$20 million a season.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could easily see him getting around 12 sacks this year, Rams franchise him, another decent season follows, and the Rams let him sign elsewhere while picking up a compensatory pick in 2022.

Or let him negotiate elsewhere, and see what they can get in trade for him (undoubtedly more than a late third)