Will DeAndre Hopkins post better numbers in 6 games than any Rams receiver will for a total season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
I pounded the table hard for Nuke. I knew he'd light it up. Great hands. Can burn you deep. Routes. And he's doing it with a mediocre offensive team with a revolving door at QB.

That said, if Austin and Gurley really start lighting it up as a tandem and Austin can at least get 50 yards receiving game, I'll be satisfied with his drafting.

But yea.....Nuke is a GD beast. One pace for 13 TDs and near 2K yards.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Probably, he's awesome, and those are some ridiculous numbers for 6 games. He's also pretty much Houston's only decent receiver on a team which is throwing a lot due to being behind.

Meanwhile the Rams will lean on the run a lot more, and likely spread the ball around a lot when passing. So no, I don't expect any one Ram WR to have 700+ yards this year. But I won't be too disappointed if/when that's the case and Gurley gets 1,200+ yards rushing. (y)

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I pounded the table hard for Nuke. I knew he'd light it up. Great hands. Can burn you deep. Routes. And he's doing it with a mediocre offensive team with a revolving door at QB.

That said, if Austin and Gurley really start lighting it up as a tandem and Austin can at least get 50 yards receiving game, I'll be satisfied with his drafting.

TA will never do anything at 5.6 touches per game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
52 catches
726 Yards
5 TDs

IF the line shores up and Fisher is finally ready to admit his Cook mistake, I predict Britt and Quick will both exceed those numbers.

TA already could easily in total yards and TDs. They just refuse to play him. Hopkins gets twice as many touches as TA.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I really wanted Hopkins. I felt he was the next best thing to Watkins, who was drafted a year later. I didn't think Tavon was an option. Looking back, I'd still move up for Tavon but Hopkins is what I thought he'd be, Tavon too. We don't give enough credit to how much attention Tavon draws on every play. Now they can't focus on him as much with Gurley and he is soundly our second best threat.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Water under the bridge.

Besides, as some have said, it's not Fisher's M.O. generally.

3 yards and a cloud of astro-turf.

Not exciting and I really don't care... just win, baby! (you listening, Mr. Fisher????)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
52 catches
726 Yards
5 TDs
Well, we can go the other way and say Gurley will rush for more yards in 6 or 7 games than any RB on the Texans?:

Alfred Blue (top Texans rusher): 57 attempts for 226 yards with one TD in 5 games

Todd Gurley :55 attempts for 314 yards in 3 games (really 2 games)

It's all on how you want to focus on a strength (or a weakness)

Athos

Legend
TA will never do anything at 5.6 touches per game.

Once the Todd gets up to speed more, I think they need to look at Tavon getting more RB touches.

And certainly more touches splitting out for screens. Those two could be the real smash and dash. Except Todd is both Smash and Dash. :sneaky:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Apples =/= Oranges. Tavon's game is different. He's not a red zone threat unless we're close to the 20 to give him yards to work with. You won't see him getting jump balls. A better comparison is Brian Quick, but he's been slow to come back after that nasty shoulder injury.

I'll say in raw stats, Tavon will hang around with Nuke, and ultimately, put up more TDs.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Apples =/= Oranges. Tavon's game is different. He's not a red zone threat unless we're close to the 20 to give him yards to work with. You won't see him getting jump balls. A better comparison is Brian Quick, but he's been slow to come back after that nasty shoulder injury.

I'll say in raw stats, Tavon will hang around with Nuke, and ultimately, put up more TDs.

All true.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We're talking about DeAndre DOO DOO Hopkins right ?

That's what I call him after his Doo Doo "incident" in his hotel room at the combine.

Doo Doo Hopkins will never be on my list of favs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We're talking about DeAndre DOO DOO Hopkins right ?

That's what I call him after his Doo Doo "incident" in his hotel room at the combine.

Doo Doo Hopkins will never be on my list of favs.

Ha! I've been calling him DeAndre "Poop" Hopkins since then.

They put :poop: in the hotel room coffee pot if I remember correctly. Sick bastards.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

I really wanted him too but I would be lying if I said I thought he would turn out to be this great.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I pounded the table hard for Nuke.

I really wanted Hopkins.

I really wanted him too but I would be lying if I said I thought he would turn out to be this great.
A bunch of rams fans were arguing about wide receivers...that's what we do around draft/combine time....I was Cordarelle Patterson...Bunch were Hunter...A lot were Tavon...Hell, I liked Da'Rick Rodgers...And a couple were Nuke....Some were Keenan Allen...
It does appear that the best wr of that bunch is Nuk...All those Clemson wr's are pretty damn good...The best one may still turn out to be Bryant...and the last one drafted.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He can put all those numbers up in comeback time all the live long day.

I'll take Tavon's meaningful TDs each time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
poop.jpg