Wideouts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
First id like to say I never hope a player for player injury. I was just thinking that would our offense is more productive with Quick and Britt on the outside with Bailey in the slot as opposed to Austin? Bailey he runs better routes, has better hands, and is good at getting open especially against zone schemes.

Tavon no doubt has world class straight line speed but he's yet to even flash as an NFL wideout. I was hoping we got Percy Harvin/Cordarelle Patterson when we drafted him but I think we got more of a Dante Hall/ Devin Hester at WR...

Thoughts?

PhxRam

First id like to say I never hope a player for player injury. I was just thinking that our offense is more productive with Quick and Britt on the outside with Bailey in the slot as opposed to Austin? Bailey he runs better routes, has better hands, and is good at getting open especially against zone schemes.

Tavon no doubt has world class straight line speed but he's yet to even flash as an NFL wideout. I was hoping we got Percy Harvin/Cordarelle Patterson when we drafted him but I think we got more of a Dante Hall/ Devin Hester at WR...

Thoughts?

not sure what you are asking.

Are you trying to ride the Patterson train into town and want a draft do over?

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
not sure what you are asking.

Are you trying to ride the Patterson train into town and want a draft do over?

No, just pointing out we have a player we picked at #8 that needs to be "schemed" open to make plays as opposed to just making plays

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Um...you do realize that Austin has shown at least flashes? That he's only in his second year? That he's more polished as a receiver right now than Hall and Hester ever were?

And also, the thing that makes him exceptional isn't straight-line speed. Were that the case, he wouldn't be nearly as effective as he is. No, the thing that makes Austin special is his straight-line speed combined with uncanny agility and quickness. Harvin and Patterson can't do some of the things that Austin can.

Give the WV duo some time. Remember that Britt's only signed to a one-year deal.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Brian Quick.

That's going to be my answer from now on when I hear someone talk about a rookie or a second year player not being up good enough for where they were drafted.

Greg Robinson isn't starting? Brian Quick.

This game is complex, it's fast, it's dangerous. It is really really hard to be good at. Be patient with the young ones. After all, Brian Quick.