Why Your Team Sucks 2018: LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Remember: Deadspin does this article for EVERY team, so don’t bother getting riled up about it.

Personally, I find these articles hilarious and well written. The author (Drew Magary) is an asshole, albeit an entertaining one.

Magary really had to work to find flaws this time— had to pick on the lack of fans, the owner, the hype for McBae, the ATL loss, even the AD holdout.

Here’s the link to the 2018 version:

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-los-angeles-rams-1828573405

The 2017 version is actually MORE fun to read, mainly to see how COMPLETELY WRONG magary’s predictions were. For example: Gurley’s 2016 season proved his career was over, McVay would be in over his head, Goff would bust, offense would remain putrid, Rams would never recover from Fisher. Also, the joke about McVay being too young is really fucking funny.
Link to 2017 article:

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-los-angeles-rams-1797461976

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember: Deadspin does this article for EVERY team, so don’t bother getting riled up about it.

Personally, I find these articles hilarious and well written. The author (Drew Magary) is an icehole, albeit an entertaining one.

Magary really had to work to find flaws this time— had to pick on the lack of fans, the owner, the hype for McBae, the ATL loss, even the AD holdout.

The 2017 version is actually MORE fun to read, mainly to see how COMPLETELY WRONG magary’s predictions were. For example: Gurley’s 2016 season proved his career was over, McVay would be in over his head, Goff would bust, offense would remain putrid, Rams would never recover from Fisher. Also, the joke about McVay being too young is really freaking funny.
Link to 2017 article:

I got through 3/4ths of it! *pats self on back.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These used to be great but the whole year especially this one have just been bad.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I thought you guys were just being too serious, but that sucked. The 2017 one had me laughing, but the 2018 one was just not funny. At all.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Yeah, he didn't really have much bad to say about the team or it's performance. He basically just said he hates LA Land rich people for an entire article

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Loyal and anyone who read that whole thing is a glutton for punishment.:deadhorse:

RamInferno

UDFA
The 2017 version is actually MORE fun to read, mainly to see how COMPLETELY WRONG magary’s predictions were. For example: Gurley’s 2016 season proved his career was over, McVay would be in over his head, Goff would bust, offense would remain putrid, Rams would never recover from Fisher. Also, the joke about McVay being too young is really freaking funny.
Link to 2017 article:

Lol I love the fan comment from the guy who chose to be a Rams fan in 2002 just to spite all the people around him in Pennsylvania predicting a Steelers Eagles Superbowl. Rams beat Eagles in NFC Championship and Patriots beat Steelers. He could have chosen the Patriots! But he chose the Rams. And stuck with them through all the losing years. Then FINALLY he decides to cut his loses in 2016. The year BEFORE the Rams start winning again. Lol this guy just can't win.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Lol I love the fan comment from the guy who chose to be a Rams fan in 2002 just to spite all the people around him in Pennsylvania predicting a Steelers Eagles Superbowl. Rams beat Eagles in NFC Championship and Patriots beat Steelers. He could have chosen the Patriots! But he chose the Rams. And stuck with them through all the losing years. Then FINALLY he decides to cut his loses in 2016. The year BEFORE the Rams start winning again. Lol this guy just can't win.
Clearly the losing seasons were his fault. In order for the Rams to win another Super Bowl he must be sacrificed!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best line...

Sam Bradford will end his career having made over $150 million, and he’ll have done it despite having a skeleton made entirely of ball bearings.

Here’s the Bradford paragraph:

Your quarterback: Sam Bradford, who played the game of his life against New Orleans in Week 1 of last season, walked off the field without a limp, and then was NEVER HEARD FROM AGAIN. It was the most Sam Bradford thing that has ever happened: one week of brilliant potential followed by sixteen weeks of private, intensive chemo treatments. This man’s knee is a wormhole. For all that, Arizona paid $15 million guaranteed. Unreal. Sam Bradford will end his career having made over $150 million, and he’ll have done it despite having a skeleton made entirely of ball bearings. Honestly, I’m proud of him. This is what all football players SHOULD earn. Make this man head of the NFLPA.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Satire works best when there’s a grain of truth to it. Honestly, I think the 2018 Rams preview didn’t work as well this year because the Rams just had an amazing season— first playoff appearance in years, coach of the year, OPOY, DPOY, fantastic off-season, and the promise of winning seasons to come. By contrast, last season’s Rams satire was funnier because, well, the painful criticism felt more accurate.

BTW— I didn’t realize at first that this series is written by the same author, for all 32 teams, every single year. Honestly, I think it’s kind of difficult to conjure up that much contemptuous scorn for every single team every year.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It used to be funny because we sucked.

Now it's not funny because we don't.

I did enjoy this, however:
"PAY AARON DONALD, YOU RUG-HEADED ASSHOLE."
:LOL:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Personally, I find these articles hilarious and well written. The author (Drew Magary) is an icehole, albeit an entertaining one.

Link to 2017 article:

Started, but couldn't finish, too much bullshit in there. If they are trying to be funny, be funny, don't regurgitate a bunch of unmitigated lies. Not enjoyable to me. Thanks for posting though, I guess.