Why would you go to a Football Game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
Reasons I go a game in St. Louis(i live in Fla). 1st, I enjoy being there with all the fans you run into in(hotel/bar/restaurant/street). So good to have some fun and not be out numbered by the home team fans. 2nd, just the experience of the crowd noise and adding to that element. Seem to always leave with a sore throat. 3rd, sort of a mini vacation from work/home life. Need to get away every now then then for some fun. No everyday bullshit to deal with. 4th, It is just fun!!!!!!Win or lose still a great time. If people are bothered by parking,traffic,crowd,price of food. Yeah then, you are not going to enjoy it anyways so might as well stay home. But to live there and not go to at least 1 game a year seems like a crime. I also go to 1 away game a year. Last was Dallas (and we know how that turned out :cry: ). But I still had a great time with friends, Did the tour the Palace in Dallas, Went to Dealey Plaza and toured the Texas School Book Depository Building, Drove down to the stockyards(Fort Worth) and went to Billy Bobs(world largest honkey-tonk(not a country fan but what a place/museum). Why miss out on those experience those are some of my reason. I could go on................

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Ummm question should be is why wouldn't you watch a game in person? It's a beastly experience and I love it. The nose bleeds still aren't bad seats really considering you get to see the whole field and the don't cost much. I've been at 50 yard line and the first few rows and the view sucks for the price.

ShaneFalco

you have to go to a game if its playoffs as well.

Last year AFC champ was pretty fun to be at. I even went to the wildcard vs steelers on that overtime win. That was probably one of the craziest atmospheres i have seen at a game. everyone went wild.

Screw the highlights when you have an awesome atmosphere. You can watch em later. Cant beat the experience in person even with all the amazing camera angles. Just cant. Plus i met my girlfriend at a game.

I really wish Rams Dome would sell out like it used too. Was amazing in 99.

I would buy everyone tickets for free if i could.

Last edited by a moderator:

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
The nose bleeds still aren't bad seats really considering you get to see the whole field and the don't cost much. I've been at 50 yard line and the first few rows and the view sucks for the price.

i like sitting end zone. nothing like the play coming right at you. opening day i'm 4 rows back. cant get that feeling on tv

fancents86

Starter
I prefer tv honestly. Although I do go To any game they play at either jville or Tampa and I go up to stl every year to see a game. But the intensity isn't the same as it is on tv. Everything seems much slower at a real game. Or maybe I just need to blow a weeks paycheck and actually get decent seats?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only way to watch football is on your couch, with some buddies, tracking your fantasy games on redzone at the same time. The television product, televisions themselves, and fantasy football have almost singlehandedly ruined the game for live audiences.

Disagree 10000000%. Especially with the bold. But to each their own. :)

To answer the OP, why go to the game? The atmosphere. Nothing like it. It's what I love about college football especially the SEC. Will be going to my first game at The Swamp on Saturday as a UF student. I'm pumped.

Nothing wrong with watching the game on the couch but it's not the same experience. More comfortable? Yes. More convenient? Yes. But not the same experience.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Future is in home viewing. 20 years from now 30k will be a decent crowd in some stadiums.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Reasons too: Atmosphere, comradery and support.
Against Cost: Cost, inconvenience and continued development of the home experience.
For me I have lost the desire to attend lots of events and so I pick and choose. This year I will most likely attend the San Diego game so my son can experience first hand the thrill of live professional football.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
i like sitting end zone. nothing like the play coming right at you. opening day i'm 4 rows back. cant get that feeling on tv
Amen to that.... I prefer more of a higher seat myself to get some sort of perspectivebut haven't complained about any endzone seat I've had. Hell, IF I HAVE A RAMS GAME TO WATCH IN PERSON I COULD GIVE A CRAP WHAT SEAT IT IS, I'M TO EXCITED TO THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Each way has something to offer that you can't get at the other places. Myself, I prefer the home version, with a crock pot full of chili or chicken and dumplings.
The bar experience is nice as well. I was at a bar in Philadelphia once, all you could eat wings and beer for $10. Greatest game i ever watched. I wish I remembered who played.
I like going to live games, but I'm usually unwilling to part with the cash.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Seeing the whole play,TV just can't or doesn't do that,during the GSOT days you could tell when the ball left Kurts hand if it was a TD.
I only go to one game a year now but if they were winning like back then I'd go more often.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
after going to over 100 hockey games, 50 nascar events, 20 baseball games, 5 football games and 1 basketball game (harlem globetrotters) the main reason to go is the experience itself. fan interaction is second. you cannot replace either watching on tv. tv is more convenient, but after being at game 4 of Columbus vs Pittsburgh (nhl) OT win for the jackets, nothing i have experienced can compare to the crowd reaction of the last 2 goals Columbus scored. now you do miss out on tv commentary, but thats a trade off i'll accept.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I don't particularly enjoy crowds. In all honesty, I hate crowds. There is nothing like going to the sporting event though. I'll sacrifice having a trusty bathroom around and sitting in my favorite chair to attend a sporting event. I don't even mind talking to strangers when I'm at a game and I hate strangers.