Why the Rams will win

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Brandon Albert is out for the next three weeks.

When he was out earlier this year, the Dolphin offense struggled mightily. Tunsil is good as a guard but he is no tackle. Mark my words, they will have no running game and when the Rams get a lead, watch out.

Unless Goff becomes a turnover machine, look for our first shutout of the year. I haven't made any predictions since the Cards game because everything hinged on the bounce of the ball with evenly matched teams. Not so here.

Many will focus on Goff after the game. But I am going on record that Brandon Albert was the one player Miami couldn't afford to lose against our defensive front

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Brandon Albert is out for the next three weeks.

When he was out earlier this year, the Dolphin offense struggled mightily. Tunsil is good as a guard but he is no tackle. Mark my words, they will have no running game and when the Rams get a lead, watch out.

Unless Goff becomes a turnover machine, look for our first shutout of the year. I haven't made any predictions since the Cards game because everything hinged on the bounce of the ball with evenly matched teams. Not so here.

Many will focus on Goff after the game. But I am going on record that Brandon Albert was the one player Miami couldn't afford to lose against our defensive front
You can add another player "Out" for this game, in the Miami Colum there Center Marcus Pouncy, according to ESPN Just moments ago, will miss this game! No Starting LT and Center = Rams "D" will dominate even more than expected!! :snicker::shades::rockon:

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's going to be a defensive matchup. Barnes, Joyner, Quinn, Sims DNP, which has me worried.

Last edited:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It's going to be a defensive matchup. Barnes, Joyner, Quinn, Sims DNP, which has me worried.

It's not a given that Quinn will play, is it ??? Best thing for the D would be if we could tell Hayes that we bought him an hour with Ariel !!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Then again, the Dolphins "D" does give up a lot of yards and a lot of points. And as I said, they are missing their Starting OLT and Center!

JackStraw

Rookie
Ram's probably won't see a QB that holds the ball in the pocket longer than Tannehill. He also stares down his target most of the time. - both tidbits are from a 'phins friend I have

Too bad Quinn will likely miss out.

I'm curious to see how Troy Hill plays. I didn't like him vs Sea in week 2 but every week the kid shows me a little more. Tackling in the open field and better than average coverage.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The Rams will win because Miami has given up 23 points a game.

You can't expect to give up 23 points to the Rams, or even close to it, and win. Not when our D is reasonably healthy. While we may be missing some key players, we have enough depth and will be fine. I'm heavily counting on the Donald effect with Pouncey likely out. I smell a pick or two this game and a strip sack. Our D will score. That's a RamzFanz guarantee, so there's about a 17% chance it'll happen!

Miami fans repeatedly say they have momentum because of a 4 game winning streak as if that means anything. What they should note is every one of those teams has a losing record. In fact, none of the teams they beat has gone on to win another game. For now, I see them as paper tigers. Scoring on the Rams, if the D is reasonably healthy, is like trying to find a virgin in a whorehouse.

Yes, the Rams have a losing record too, but that was before Goff. I expect Goff to struggle with Miami's formidable pass rush but with his deep pass arm, quick release, frozen rope throw, and pocket scrambling abilities, he'll be good enough. Britt and Goff have the potential to make the week 11 NFL highlight reel. Accurate throws to Austin in space from the 6'4" Goff could be a career changer for him as a true WR. Goff to Quick could also be our secret weapon. Quick is getting open and has had sure hands this season. Goff has the talent to hit Quick and Britt deep. I firmly believe we have an underrated receiving corps that has the potential to shock people this week.

Miami leans on the run game. Rams are 15th against the run. Miami is 29th against. If Goff can burn the Dolphins a few times through the air, and I believe he can with Miami's suspect secondary, it's Gurley time. Cunningham and Austin could also have really nice games on the ground if given the chance.

Miami is 16th in yards surrendered. Rams are 6th. Miami is 14th in points surrendered, Rams are 9th.

I like this matchup. I like the potential Goff brings. There's a ton of opportunity for him to exploit with quick releases to TA, Gurley, Cooper, Kendricks, and Higbee with deep balls to Britt and Quick.

What I fear: Dumbed down game plan making Rams too predictable. Speed of the game luring Goff into mistakes. Bumbled snaps. Over dependence on the run game. We find plays that work and then never do them again. And last, but definitely not least, Miami's pass rush just destroys our O line.

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Every time i see one of these "we will win" threads we end up getting our asses handed to us.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
You can add another player "Out" for this game, in the Miami Colum there Center Marcus Pouncy, according to ESPN Just moments ago, will miss this game! No Starting LT and Center = Rams "D" will dominate even more than expected!! :snicker::shades::rockon:
As a fan, I don't wish injuries on opposing players but Center Marcus Pouncy/Brandon Albert = to the greatest extent most Miami Dolphin irreplaceable players.