Why so many draft threads on the Rams NFL forum?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Clicks. A lot of the members here don't even go to the draft section. I didn't once, for the first year and a half I was a member.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
330f.gif

Because:

a) I was voted down by the other mods. My tendency to keep this place nice and tidy(bordering on OCD) does not always work well for the best interests of ROD.

29vjrdu.jpg

b) What else is there to talk about of late that has kindled this type of interest in the Rams? This is huge front-page news that comes along maybe every ten years or so.

nfr.gif

c) Once the draft is over and we've discussed it enough, that type of news will go back to the Draft section.

applause.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
330f.gif

Because:

a) I was voted down by the other mods. My tendency to keep this place nice and tidy(bordering on OCD) does not always work well for the best interests of ROD.

29vjrdu.jpg

b) What else is there to talk about of late that has kindled this type of interest in the Rams? This is huge front-page news that comes along maybe every ten years or so.

nfr.gif

c) Once the draft is over and we've discussed it enough, that type of news will go back to the Draft section.

applause.gif

giphy.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I border on OCD. This drives me crazy. Draft talk belongs on the draft forum! Is, Elmgrovegnome gonna have to slap a bitch?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
For me it was that as soon as I heard about the trade, I knew there would be no containing it. Normally we would be making members post this stuff to the draft section and merging a bunch of threads. But for good reason, this is topic one through 20 with the Rams.

And being that this is really particular to what the Rams have done and will do, it's not really just about the draft IMO. And @Prime Time did I miss a vote?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For me it was that as soon as I heard about the trade, I knew there would be no containing it. Normally we would be making members post this stuff to the draft section and merging a bunch of threads. But for good reason, this is topic one through 20 with the Rams.

And being that this is really particular to what the Rams have done and will do, it's not really just about the draft IMO. And @Prime Time did I miss a vote?

How is the Rams trading draft picks to move up for the number 1 draft pick not really just about the draft? Every pick is just about the draft until the player is actually picked and becomes a Ram. Until they all players are still just potential NFL players that are considered to be representatives of the College that they played in.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You partook in the conversation as I recall but no one told me to keep funneling draft threads into the proper section. And after this news it kind of exploded. We'll get back to the norm eventually.
Ah - THAT. :D

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I was just sitting here thinking about starting another Goff thread

e1iGkA.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How is the Rams trading draft picks to move up for the number 1 draft pick not really just about the draft? Every pick is just about the draft until the player is actually picked and becomes a Ram. Until they all players are still just potential NFL players that are considered to be representatives of the College that they played in.
Well - I did say just. In normal circumstances I would agree with you. However, this is a pretty big event that is more about team moves in light of a block buster trade. While I would normally say something and move threads over to the draft section, this is a pretty explosive topic and frankly, it is not worth our limited time as volunteers to make a big issue out of where these threads are being posted. There is not a whole lot going on with the Rams right now so leaving it in Rams Talk until it dies down a bit is just likely how it is going to be.

We may revisit it in a day or two and put up a sticky and move them over to the draft section.