Why Not the Rams? Seriously...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It bothers me how much the Rams are being oversighted. We have the peices in place to be down right filthy, nasty, this year and those putzes/talking heads fail to hold up the Rans banner. For example, if the NY Jets got Tavon Austin then you'd be seeing Tavon all over ESPN on a regular basis. Discusting. But Tavon is only one awesome cherry on the cherry tree. Across the board the Rams look amazing despite a few areas like RB and Safety.

You know what greatly helps those two positions? Let's start with defense. The play of the linemen. Rams led the NFL in sacks last year with a young and improving core that's only getting better. Specifically I'm talking of Brockers and Quinn. These two are gonna have awesome seasons which will add to and Langford's play. Then you add in our STUD LB core. Have the STL Rams ever had a better trio than Capt. Laurenitis, Smash- Mouth Dunbar, and chunks-of-ground Olgletree? THEN you add in our top CB's in Trash-Talk Finnegan, pick6 Jenkins, and solid Johnson (lol). Come on now! The talking heads just ain't getting the big picture. The safeties will do fine with with those variables. McDonald is a tall, fast, DB to throw over and run through. I've always liked Stewart when he wasn't on the DL. On top of that I like C. Davis a lot and so do the coaches. That's potentially a top 5 defense easy. Now to the RB's.

This one is really too easy. The worste running backs in the league would look solid if the offense's passing game is solid and the OL is stellar. Lets talk passing game. Rams added stellar receiving threats for Sam to add onto what they already have in Givens, Kendricks, and a developing Quick. Givens is a cornerstone in the deep pass. Kendrick is a very solid role player. His WHAM blocks maybe some of the best in the league and he is deceptively a good target, 80 yd TD pass. Throw in Cook and Austin and all you need is lots of practice to get the timing and playbook down (They all just finished Bradford's camp.) Not mention the Ram WR who had the best spring. Austin Pettis is our veteran WR who is, by all reports, really coming into his own.

Now for the OL. Pfff... we lost nobody of significance and added Jake Long. This kicks Saffold to the right, he'll get it done. Dahl and wells are very solid veterans manning the RG and C positions. The only question mark is in the LG spot where the Rams apparently have a kit of faith in Williams. Williams was resigned and will make 1.3 mil this season. I'd say the job is his to lose based on the remaing OL salaries.

Now back to the RB. Richardson was solid last year until he was basically phased out by Jackson. His performance was mostly very good and the OL and WR core didn't look near this good. Add in Stacy/Pead and I think you have a trio very capapable of handling their own. Like I stated above, our offense has the protection and fire power to help open up those running lanes. It's all being overblown! It's not a problem at all.

I just realized I didnt mention Bradford, and for good reason. I think Bradford will prove to be a star player for us this year. He's the top dog! He has more confidence then ever and he'll be playing in more spread base sets. Bradford DOMINATED the spread offense in college and he's at his best in 2 minuite drills where he's calling all his favorite pass plays. Look for the Rams to wear out defenses with their fast tempo and quick strikes delivered from Bradford's rifle arm. I mean really, how do you cover Givens, Cook, Austin, Pettis/Kendricks/Bailey on a consistent basis? That's a LOT to handle. Then you add in added pass protection? Good grief! The talking heads don't know what they're talking about at all. They're faces are gonna melt when they see our tenacious Rams this year. I can't wait!

Chris Berman, Jaime Dukes, and Willis Mcgehee are gonna all see a shrink for group therapy. Can't stand them.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Lots of teams look good on paper. Many of the mainstream experts like Baldinger are touting the Rams. Let's wait to get all upset until after we actually finish a season with a winning record. :lol:

But yeah, things are looking up. :bg:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
Lots of teams look good on paper. Many of the mainstream experts like Baldinger are touting the Rams. Let's wait to get all upset until after we actually finish a season with a winning record. :lol:

I am impatient, you are correct. If you watch the the Rams's 32 in 32 on the NFLN or the Football Gameplan's preview of the Rams, you'll see what I'm saying more in depth. I just want it to be August already. Rams Pre-season football is very enjoyable when there is so much young, star, talent.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
mr.stlouis living in a dream world:
If you watch the the Rams's 32 in 32 on the NFLN or the Football Gameplan's preview of the Rams, you'll see what I'm saying more in depth.

Expecting to read or see something insightful at any of the mainstream media sites is a losing proposition. Even if we had a great season they would still be talking/concentrating on teams like the Jets the next off season.

Hold on bud, we're almost there. In a couple of weeks this will seem like a bad dream. :lol:

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:

Ding ding ding. Our Rams haven't had a winning season in a decade. We need to do that first before the 'experts' start talking about us.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
mr.stlouis living in a dream world:
If you watch the the Rams's 32 in 32 on the NFLN or the Football Gameplan's preview of the Rams, you'll see what I'm saying more in depth.

Expecting to read or see something insightful at any of the mainstream media sites is a losing proposition. Even if we had a great season they would still be talking/concentrating on teams like the Jets the next off season.

Hold on bud, we're almost there. In a couple of weeks this will seem like a bad dream. :lol:

Fair enough, man. They love their NY football, for sure. Al... most... there. Man I feel like we're on the cusp. We'll get there soon enough.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
A playoff berth is the first step towards NFL respect.
I like our progress :cool:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
mr.stlouis said:
It bothers me how much the Rams are being oversighted. We have the peices in place to be down right filthy, nasty, this year and those putzes/talking heads fail to hold up the Rans banner. For example, if the NY Jets got Tavon Austin then you'd be seeing Tavon all over ESPN on a regular basis. Discusting. But Tavon is only one awesome cherry on the cherry tree. Across the board the Rams look amazing despite a few areas like RB and Safety.

You know what greatly helps those two positions? Let's start with defense. The play of the linemen. Rams led the NFL in sacks last year with a young and improving core that's only getting better. Specifically I'm talking of Brockers and Quinn. These two are gonna have awesome seasons which will add to and Langford's play. Then you add in our STUD LB core. Have the STL Rams ever had a better trio than Capt. Laurenitis, Smash- Mouth Dunbar, and chunks-of-ground Olgletree? THEN you add in our top CB's in Trash-Talk Finnegan, pick6 Jenkins, and solid Johnson (lol). Come on now! The talking heads just ain't getting the big picture. The safeties will do fine with with those variables. McDonald is a tall, fast, DB to throw over and run through. I've always liked Stewart when he wasn't on the DL. On top of that I like C. Davis a lot and so do the coaches. That's potentially a top 5 defense easy. Now to the RB's.

This one is really too easy. The worste running backs in the league would look solid if the offense's passing game is solid and the OL is stellar. Lets talk passing game. Rams added stellar receiving threats for Sam to add onto what they already have in Givens, Kendricks, and a developing Quick. Givens is a cornerstone in the deep pass. Kendrick is a very solid role player. His WHAM blocks maybe some of the best in the league and he is deceptively a good target, 80 yd TD pass. Throw in Cook and Austin and all you need is lots of practice to get the timing and playbook down (They all just finished Bradford's camp.) Not mention the Ram WR who had the best spring. Austin Pettis is our veteran WR who is, by all reports, really coming into his own.

Now for the OL. Pfff... we lost nobody of significance and added Jake Long. This kicks Saffold to the right, he'll get it done. Dahl and wells are very solid veterans manning the RG and C positions. The only question mark is in the LG spot where the Rams apparently have a kit of faith in Williams. Williams was resigned and will make 1.3 mil this season. I'd say the job is his to lose based on the remaing OL salaries.

Now back to the RB. Richardson was solid last year until he was basically phased out by Jackson. His performance was mostly very good and the OL and WR core didn't look near this good. Add in Stacy/Pead and I think you have a trio very capapable of handling their own. Like I stated above, our offense has the protection and fire power to help open up those running lanes. It's all being overblown! It's not a problem at all.

I just realized I didnt mention Bradford, and for good reason. I think Bradford will prove to be a star player for us this year. He's the top dog! He has more confidence then ever and he'll be playing in more spread base sets. Bradford DOMINATED the spread offense in college and he's at his best in 2 minuite drills where he's calling all his favorite pass plays. Look for the Rams to wear out defenses with their fast tempo and quick strikes delivered from Bradford's rifle arm. I mean really, how do you cover Givens, Cook, Austin, Pettis/Kendricks/Bailey on a consistent basis? That's a LOT to handle. Then you add in added pass protection? Good grief! The talking heads don't know what they're talking about at all. They're faces are gonna melt when they see our tenacious Rams this year. I can't wait!

Chris Berman, Jaime Dukes, and Willis Mcgehee are gonna all see a shrink for group therapy. Can't stand them.

That's a highly caffeinated post! I love it!

There is reason to be optimistic this season for sure. It happens every year, some team or teams emerge. So yeah, why not the Rams?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
mojorizen7 said:
A playoff berth is the first step towards NFL respect.
I like our progress :cool:

Exactly right.....the Rams are getting the amount of respect they have earned. Which is not a lot.....yet. It's coming.....a little more patience is all.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No offense, but every team sounds like a Super Bowl contender in July. Making a list of names makes it sound good but no where near reality. Shit happens..refs, injuries, bad execution, turnovers, etc.

We're assuming everyone remains healthy and progresses. What happens if Tavon gets hurt? Or Jake Long struggles or Janoris Jenkins drops a GW pick 6? I'm just going to let it play out.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Angry Ram with the voice of doom:
No offense, but every team sounds like a Super Bowl contender in July. Making a list of names makes it sound good but no where near reality. shyte happens..refs, injuries, bad execution, turnovers, etc.

We're assuming everyone remains healthy and progresses. What happens if Tavon gets hurt? Or Jake Long struggles or Janoris Jenkins drops a GW pick 6? I'm just going to let it play out.

Great to have you back!

It's great to be able to hand over my Debbie Downer mantle to you Angry Ram. What a load of my back! :lol:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Angry Ram said:
No offense, but every team sounds like a Super Bowl contender in July. Making a list of names makes it sound good but no where near reality. shyte happens..refs, injuries, bad execution, turnovers, etc.

Not to mention; what if an asteroid wipes out Rams Park on a practice day? Or... A massive explosion from a methane release courtesy of Terrell Brown?

:lmao:

Just messing with you brother! Drink the Koolaid... it tastes especially good this time of year.

Angry Ram

CGI_Ram said:
Angry Ram said:

Not to mention; what if an asteroid wipes out Rams Park on a practice day? Or... A massive explosion from a methane release courtesy of Terrell Brown?

Just messing with you brother! Drink the Koolaid... it tastes especially good this time of year.

I did that plenty of times...even when I thought Donnie Avery and Keenan Burton would make a good WR duo. :nono:

There's lingering doubts with me on this 2013 team. Things happened in 2012 that might not bring the same result this year...

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:
Angry Ram said:

I did that plenty of times...even when I thought Donnie Avery and Keenan Burton would make a good WR duo. :nono:

There's lingering doubts with me on this 2013 team. Things happened in 2012 that might not bring the same result this year...

Angry, I share your concerns about the upcoming season. It's a tough schedule ahead, the Rams are loaded with young talented yet inexperienced players. Let's face facts, it takes time to execute at a playoff level. I believe that we're all justifiably excited-optimistic about the gains Fisher and company have achieved at almost lightening speed.

At the same time, I believe that we must be realistic about what it takes to succeed in a division stocked with talented and experienced teams who have likewise improved their team over the off season. Teams like Seattle and Frisco (let's not forget Arizona either) continue to improve albeit at an incremental level. Whereas, the Ram's rate of improvement "appears" to be a bit more comprehensive, as they strive to fill critical positions at the defensive backfield, receiver and running back positions.

While it's clear that exciting and productive times lay ahead, it's also true that many key positions remain a question mark until proven otherwise. Yes, this team is loaded with "potential', but potential must morph into productivity and usually, such achievements are typically measured in years rather than months. Now this doesn't mean or suggest that the Rams will not enjoy continued improvement this year, heaven knows that once the season begins, almost anything can and often does happen. But let's face it, we have a boat load of receivers, defensive and running backs that have had either limited or non-existent NFL experience, not to mention an O line mostly comprised of players either new to their position or untested in this system.

Can Long and Wells stay healthy, will the L.G. position become a strength or weakness, will Saffold become comfortable and accomplished on the right side? Will the Safety position remain a position of concern, will the LB's become a position of dominant strength, how about the WR's, will this sorely needed group come together early enough to make a difference and will special team play improve?

Question after question.....meanwhile, we already know that two of their division opponents are loaded and the 3rd (Arizona) will be much improved offensively despite any so called pronouncements regarding Palmer's age or recent record with Oakland. Make no mistake, parody in this league appears as strong as anytime in recent memory. It will take some luck both on and off the field for many of these teams to advance under these circumstances.

My hopes and desires are not unlike the rest of you....I'd be thrilled and delighted if this team could string 10 or 11 wins together this season. But let's be honest about this thing, the Rams escaped last season remarkably healthy, but concerning the lack of depth that still remains, can we expect the same results this season? I certainly hope so. And so in summary Angry, I'll parrot the comment you made yesterday...."I'll let this thing play out". There's a light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it's not attached to a locomotive.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
ramsince62 said:
Angry Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:
Angry Ram said:

Angry, I share your concerns about the upcoming season. It's a tough schedule ahead, the Rams are loaded with young talented yet inexperienced players. Let's face facts, it takes time to execute at a playoff level. I believe that we're all justifiably excited-optimistic about the gains Fisher and company have achieved at almost lightening speed.

At the same time, I believe that we must be realistic about what it takes to succeed in a division stocked with talented and experienced teams who have likewise improved their team over the off season. Teams like Seattle and Frisco (let's not forget Arizona either) continue to improve albeit at an incremental level. Whereas, the Ram's rate of improvement "appears" to be a bit more comprehensive, as they strive to fill critical positions at the defensive backfield, receiver and running back positions.

While it's clear that exciting and productive times lay ahead, it's also true that many key positions remain a question mark until proven otherwise. Yes, this team is loaded with "potential', but potential must morph into productivity and usually, such achievements are typically measured in years rather than months. Now this doesn't mean or suggest that the Rams will not enjoy continued improvement this year, heaven knows that once the season begins, almost anything can and often does happen. But let's face it, we have a boat load of receivers, defensive and running backs that have had either limited or non-existent NFL experience, not to mention an O line mostly comprised of players either new to their position or untested in this system.

Can Long and Wells stay healthy, will the L.G. position become a strength or weakness, will Saffold become comfortable and accomplished on the right side? Will the Safety position remain a position of concern, will the LB's become a position of dominant strength, how about the WR's, will this sorely needed group come together early enough to make a difference and will special team play improve?

Question after question.....meanwhile, we already know that two of their division opponents are loaded and the 3rd (Arizona) will be much improved offensively despite any so called pronouncements regarding Palmer's age or recent record with Oakland. Make no mistake, parody in this league appears as strong as anytime in recent memory. It will take some luck both on and off the field for many of these teams to advance under these circumstances.

My hopes and desires are not unlike the rest of you....I'd be thrilled and delighted if this team could string 10 or 11 wins together this season. But let's be honest about this thing, the Rams escaped last season remarkably healthy, but concerning the lack of depth that still remains, can we expect the same results this season? I certainly hope so. And so in summary Angry, I'll parrot the comment you made yesterday...."I'll let this thing play out". There's a light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it's not attached to a locomotive.

Normally I would grimace at someone quoting a post this long, but I think this pseudo blog is worth a million internets. Bravo sir, bravo!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:
Angry Ram said:

There's lingering doubts with me on this 2013 team. [hilite]Things happened in 2012 that might not bring the same result this year.[/hilite]..
For instance, that tough schedule we have might not be as tough as last years. This being Bradford's second season in the same offense could make a lot of difference in how some of last year's early games went against us.

For that matter, we could do much better recovering fumbles or turnovers in general. The ticky-tack penalties on our STs may not happen.

See what I did there?

Angry Ram

All I'm saying is that last year isn't necessarily gonna predict improvement this year. On paper, it should considering the new players and experience from last year.

fearsomefour

Legend
The biggest difference I see with this teams offseason (started last year) is there clearly is leadership in place in the front office and a vision and plan that is being followed. In years past you would see the team either reaching for picks to fill needs or signing older players to try and fill needs to compete right away. This was one of the reasons it was SO important to get Fisher....a coach who commands respect and would be given time to fix the mess. When Fisher traded down and did not take a WR with the Rams first pick last year the "experts" were shocked and some even mocked the pick. With the load of young talent we have now at WR and the emergence of Brockers I dont think anyone doubts the pick now. Making tough choices (Jackson, Amendola) that may make winning in the beginning of next year tougher, but, help ensure the ability of the team to compete and fill out the roster going forward is another positive sign for this team.

Bottom line to me is if this team competes at a playoff level this year, great, if not, I am in no way worried. Fisher/Snead said they had a three year blueprint....I think winning 7 games last year may have been a bit ahead of schedule, if they win 8 this year they are still on schedule. The FO can only give the coaches the players they need to be successful, the coaches can only put the players in schemes and situations to succeed, the players can only execute the plan. The second and third steps will never happen consistantly without the first step....for the first time in years and years the Rams are capable of executing that first step.

With the young talent that is starting to pile up on the roster when it comes together I expect a great run....and a long one (by todays standards). Because the team is so young at some point there will be some tough choices to make. In this day of super expensive FA deals (still cant believe the Fins paid a one demensional WR like Wallace what they did) drafting to replenish your roster a year or two in advance has become THE most important part of building a consistant winner in my opinion. You just cannot miss on picks in the first couple of rounds. This has become a strength for the Rams where it was a glaring weakness before.

So, we can debate 6 wins or 10 wins....I think we can all agree the change we have seen in under two years, from ownership to the roster, has been profound. Good times ahead!!!!