Why is there even a FA starting period?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What the hell is the point of free agency opening up tomorrow if all these fuckers are agreeing to deals today? I don’t agree with it one bit. The players signing today are players who care about the money. The players aren’t allowed to speak with the teams, right? If so, they are just taking deals, to hell with getting a feel for the team.

If I was an NFL player, I think I would want to get to know the coaches, a few players and the city. I think I would take 3-4 or 5 visits to my top teams and take my time to weigh it all. But when a team is throwing out retarded numbers I guess it’s too tempting.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's enough to make your head spin. When I was a kid, I could tell you just about who started for who but now I can hardly keep up. It reminds me of MLB. But I guess, with the computer age, a good agent can hand you a ton of info. It's like the agents are playing "money ball" too.

Psycho_X

Legend
I don’t know, it seems stupid. Should let trades officially happen a couple of weeks before free agency starts and then just have free agency start without this dumb two day stuff. Basically before there was so much “illegal” tampering going on leading up to FA that they created this two day BS fest to act like it hasn’t been happening for weeks already.