Why don't the Rams.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Why don't the Rams play a base 5-2

DL
Hampton W9
Hoecht 5T
Turner 1T
Donald 3T
Young W9

LBs Jones, Rozeboom

CBs Witherspoon and Durant
Safeties Lake and Yeast

Nickel pull Rozeboom, play Ojemudia or Tomlinson

This gives them speed off the edges, and power inside. It resolves their inability to play contain. Play safeties left and right with alternating one dropping into the intermediate zone. QBs do more damage throwing into that middle zone than deep outside with slants and crossers. So they are playing man outside and zone inside. I've seen it used situationally and it works. The Rams have the personnel to play it and they have the need to set edges on both sides.

Running inside against Donald, Turner and Jones isn't easy. Rozeboom gives support to either edge or takes away the short zone. Raheem needs to get creative and quit trotting out the same looks over and over again. He's not disguising or fooling anyone.

TexasRam

Legend
Agreed that Raheem needs to mix it up more. He doesn't have the horses to play a straight forward scheme like the Niners do.

Gotta use some smoke and mirrors a bit. But sometimes that don't even work when your talent is lacking.

Our pass rush and DB talent is not good.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Would love to see dome more creativity. More blitzing. More something besides sit back and wait for a mistake. That shit is boring.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would love to have Chase Young on the team. SONOFA....

Ellard80

Legend
not a bad concept but

5-2 is more of a run defense scheme

Our issue is pass defense,

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
not a bad concept but

5-2 is more of a run defense scheme

Our issue is pass defense,
Seems like our young secondary started the year surprisingly solid, and instead of ascending with experience as expected, they deteriorated. I guess teams figured them out pretty quickly.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Seems like our young secondary started the year surprisingly solid, and instead of ascending with experience as expected, they deteriorated. I guess teams figured them out pretty quickly.
Happens with most teams when offenses can’t sustain drives. That’s not necessarily a dig at the offense, but let’s look at the facts, when the offense sustained drives (and had a run game) the D looked good. When they didn’t, the D suffered.

Except against the cowboys. That was the freshman team going against Varsity on both sides of the ball.