Why does the media love Seattle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Every offseason the media seems to fall in love with a team further down the totem pole than deserving of the attention... all the experts flock into agreement that team "Z" is a contender for the Superbowl.

Why Seattle?

Last year they lost to Arizona and Detroit who combined for 9 wins in 2012!

The were given a win by the replacement refs against Green Bay.

Down the stretch they got hot, granted... but were those two blowout wins against "the mighty" Arizona and Buffalo what started the love-fest?

In the playoffs; they beat a one-legged RG3 and the overrated Redskins. Whoopie!

And despite a nice little rally against Atlanta, they were dominated the whole game until Mike Smith showed off his choking skills - again.

I'm not scared of Seattle - AT ALL. Their cute little quarterback sounds like a good kid, but he's still boy-sized out there.

Pete Carroll's rah rah style works fine when things are going well, but Pete Carroll has a history of teams getting tired of his greasy used car salesman trust and ethics.

In 2013; they open on the road at Carolina. Then host San Francisco. They then have a gimme at home against Jacksonville before going on the road to Houston and Indy...

I can see a scenario in which they suffer a few early season losses then implode under the weight of Pete Carroll's ineptness.

Freak Seattle! They suck!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They have the number one defense in the NFL as far as points and they have an O that more than holds it own.

They did lose to AZ in week one then hung a 58-0 beating on them later in the season. Then a couple of weeks later they beat the shit out of SF.

Last year they almost beat the Falcons and IMO would have beaten the 49ers in the conference final and probably would have beaten the Ravens in the SB. A couple of breaks and they could have been holding up the Lombardi.

I don't like them any more than you do but there is no denying this is a premier team. Even though they are cheatin, lyin, fuckfaces with ugly ass unis and a dickhead for a HC.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Never understood this either, but every year they act like they own the NFC. Even when they made the playoffs at 7-9

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
They are a young team that improved in the offseason. They added 2 pass rushers(Avril & Bennett) and a dynamic playmaker(Harvin).

The media loves Russell Wilson too. He has been a media darling since he was at NC State.

Helps that they have one of the best home field advantages in the league too.

A lot to like if you're a Seahawk fan

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I love the seaworm bash topics.

Well here's why...

Inflated scores by defensive and ST TDs the final three games. The games before that? Barely scrapped by. True, they made the plays to win but nothing dominating.

It's fuckin stupid to base a prediction based on 3 inflated games.

seaworms...please.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I could step out and say that its all about the "All Green" associated with this Seattle Seahawk team fits the national wave of Green. The new world religion Greenatarians who worship anything Green find comfort in this far north west team its just feels good & is very popular. :loco:

I bet if you did an inspection of the Seattle stadium parking lot ..you would find the largest bike parking area in the NFL. the vehicle parking lot full of small dinky hybrids & Subaru's with trucks & large SUV's being banned.They sell evergreen tree bark as snacks. The rest rooms have dispensing machines where only one ply one sheet of natural bio degradable bathroom tissue is served. :sick: :bleck:

On the serious side this team has done exceptional on the recent drafts...they even stuck gold even in the third day selections they have several all stars. I would say they have been one of the luckiest teams in drafting in many years. :notworthy: The Seahawks have drafted a very good young OL that my Ram team will be dealing with for many years. They are on the rise not coming close of peaking yet. I dislike this team more that the 9ers at this point. :censored:

iced

avril is so overrated.

can't wait to watch him wash out .

no more suh next to him to take up the double teams

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
iced said:
avril is so overrated.

can't wait to watch him wash out .

no more suh next to him to take up the double teams

Plus Clemons may not even play until late season if at all. Imo their best defensive player. And Bruce Irvin will miss the first 4 games, and may never hit his stride coming off the suspension heading into year 2.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
because the Seahags owner runs Microsoft = advertising dollars to media owners

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Stranger said:

Mircosofts co-founder owns the Seahawks, but he doesnt run Microsoft. The only affiliation he has with the company anymore is stock ownership. Furthermore, i seriously doubt Mircosoft sees any change in revenue based on how much attention the Seahawks get.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BonifayRam said:
I bet if you did an inspection of the Seattle stadium parking lot ..you would find the largest bike parking area in the NFL. the vehicle parking lot full of small dinky hybrids & Subaru's with trucks & large SUV's being banned. :sick: :bleck:

Worse yet... They don't even HAVE a parking lot. RQ could straighten me out if I'm wrong but there is also no tailgate area to speak of. There was an alley way in an industrial area several years ago but they took that one away. We tailgated in an alley with a bunch of shecock fans around us a few years ago (GCBean can tell you) and even though there were no postings on the side of the road that we were all on, the cops came along during the game and ticketed everyone. Real fan friendly - eh?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
BonifayRam said:
I bet if you did an inspection of the Seattle stadium parking lot ..you would find the largest bike parking area in the NFL. the vehicle parking lot full of small dinky hybrids & Subaru's with trucks & large SUV's being banned. :sick: :bleck:

Worse yet... They don't even HAVE a parking lot. RQ could straighten me out if I'm wrong but there is also no tailgate area to speak of. There was an alley way in an industrial area several years ago but they took that one away. We tailgated in an alley with a bunch of shecock fans around us a few years ago (GCBean can tell you) and even though there were no postings on the side of the road that we were all on, the cops came along during the game and ticketed everyone. Real fan friendly - eh?
Stu's right ... no parking lot. Parking structures, yes, and mass transit access (train).

There's major construction going on replacing an elevated highway with a tunnel highway, and that happens to be right around both Safeco and Century Link. That alley way Stu talked about is now part of the construction zone. With construction going on through 2015, I wouldn't expect the fan experience to improve much, though they are building parking structures north of the Clink.

Still, one gets the impression that Seahawk fans save their voices for the 12th man crap.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
libertadrocks said:
Stranger said:

Mircosofts co-founder owns the Seahawks, but he doesnt run Microsoft. The only affiliation he has with the company anymore is stock ownership. Furthermore, i seriously doubt Mircosoft sees any change in revenue based on how much attention the Seahawks get.
I'm not talking about a change in revenue for Microsoft, I'm talking about Microsoft ad spends. Those are highly sought-after dollars by media execs, so why wouldn't their sports depts heap more praise on someone who owns 130+ million shares of MS stock in an effort to attract those ad-dollars?

Ebonemalone

Rookie
CGI_Ram said:
Every offseason the media seems to fall in love with a team further down the totem pole than deserving of the attention... all the experts flock into agreement that team "Z" is a contender for the Superbowl.

Why Seattle?

Last year they lost to Arizona and Detroit who combined for 9 wins in 2012!

The were given a win by the replacement refs against Green Bay.

Down the stretch they got hot, granted... but were those two blowout wins against "the mighty" Arizona and Buffalo what started the love-fest?

In the playoffs; they beat a one-legged RG3 and the overrated Redskins. Whoopie!

And despite a nice little rally against Atlanta, they were dominated the whole game until Mike Smith showed off his choking skills - again.

I'm not scared of Seattle - AT ALL. Their cute little quarterback sounds like a good kid, but he's still boy-sized out there.

Pete Carroll's rah rah style works fine when things are going well, but Pete Carroll has a history of teams getting tired of his greasy used car salesman trust and ethics.

In 2013; they open on the road at Carolina. Then host San Francisco. They then have a gimme at home against Jacksonville before going on the road to Houston and Indy...

I can see a scenario in which they suffer a few early season losses then implode under the weight of Pete Carroll's ineptness.

Freak Seattle! They suck!

Implode over Pete Carrol's smugness. Like in southpark ;)

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I don't hate any team in any sport, but say what you will, I fear the Seahawks more than almost every team in the NFL. No love at all for the head coach, but this team has few if any weaknesses. I still believe we take them out twice this season.

GO RAMS!!!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Percy Harvin career injury report
Code:
Year	Week	NFL Team	Injury Status	Injury
2009	3	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	illness
2009	6	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	shoulder
2009	7	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	shoulder
2009	8	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	illness
2009	14	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	illness
2009	15	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	illness
2009	20	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	illness
2010	2	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	hip
2010	3	Minnesota Vikings	Probable	hip
2010	7	Minnesota Vikings	Probable	hamstring
2010	9	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	ankle
2010	10	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	illness/ankle
2010	11	Minnesota Vikings	Probable	ankle
2010	13	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	illness
2010	14	Minnesota Vikings	Doubtful	illness
2011	3	Minnesota Vikings	Probable	illness
2011	6	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	ribs
2011	7	Minnesota Vikings	Probable	ribs
2011	8	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	ribs
2011	12	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	ribs
2011	13	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	illness
2011	14	Minnesota Vikings	Probable	finger
2012	6	Minnesota Vikings	Probable	hamstring
2012	9	Minnesota Vikings	Probable	hamstring
2012	10	Minnesota Vikings	Out	ankle
2012	12	Minnesota Vikings	Doubtful	ankle
2012	13	Minnesota Vikings	Out	ankle
2012	14	Minnesota Vikings	Injured Reserve	ankle
2012	15	Minnesota Vikings	Injured Reserve	ankle
2012	16	Minnesota Vikings	Injured Reserve	ankle
2012	17	Minnesota Vikings	Injured Reserve	ankle
2012	18	Minnesota Vikings	Injured Reserve	ankle
2012	19	Minnesota Vikings	Injured Reserve	ankle
2012	20	Minnesota Vikings	Injured Reserve	ankle
2012	21	Minnesota Vikings	Injured Reserve	ankle

Not sure why this FA signing has been so highly praised.
He's been slightly more durable than Sidney Rice i suppose.

Code:
Year	Week	NFL Team	Injury Status	Injury
2007	10	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	hamstring
2007	11	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	hamstring
2007	16	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	ankle
2007	17	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	ankle
2008	3	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	knee
2008	4	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	knee
2008	5	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	knee
2009	15	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	illness
2010	1	Minnesota Vikings	PUP	hip
2010	2	Minnesota Vikings	PUP	hip
2010	3	Minnesota Vikings	PUP	hip
2010	4	Minnesota Vikings	PUP	hip
2010	5	Minnesota Vikings	PUP	hip
2010	6	Minnesota Vikings	PUP	hip
2010	7	Minnesota Vikings	PUP	hip
2010	8	Minnesota Vikings	PUP	hip
2010	12	Minnesota Vikings	Questionable	hip
2010	13	Minnesota Vikings	Probable	hip
2010	14	Minnesota Vikings	Probable	hip
2010	17	Minnesota Vikings	Doubtful	concussion
2011	1	Seattle Seahawks	Doubtful	shoulder
2011	2	Seattle Seahawks	Out	shoulder
2011	3	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	shoulder
2011	9	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	foot
2011	10	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	foot
2011	11	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	head
2011	12	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	knee
2011	13	Seattle Seahawks	Injured Reserve	concussion
2011	14	Seattle Seahawks	Injured Reserve	concussion
2011	15	Seattle Seahawks	Injured Reserve	concussion
2011	16	Seattle Seahawks	Injured Reserve	concussion
2011	17	Seattle Seahawks	Injured Reserve	concussion
2011	18	Seattle Seahawks	Injured Reserve	concussion
2011	19	Seattle Seahawks	Injured Reserve	concussion
2011	20	Seattle Seahawks	Injured Reserve	concussion
2011	21	Seattle Seahawks	Injured Reserve	concussion
2012	2	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	knee
2012	3	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	rest
2012	13	Seattle Seahawks	Questionable	calf
2012	14	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	head
2012	15	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	foot
2012	16	Seattle Seahawks	Questionable	knee
2012	17	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	knee
2012	19	Seattle Seahawks	Probable	knee

Harvin has already missed 10 games in his young career(4 seasons). Rice has missed 23(six seasons).

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.kffl.com/player/16043/nfl/injury_history/sidney-rice#ixzz2TzSYWFsT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kffl.com/player/16043/nfl/in ... z2TzSYWFsT</a>

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.kffl.com/player/20748/nfl/injury_history/percy-harvin#ixzz2TzRWG3VH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kffl.com/player/20748/nfl/in ... z2TzRWG3VH</a>

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Exactly. WTF? And how long before Whiny Harvin is being his usual me me me self?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rabid Ram said:
And that list doesnt even cover his "migraines"
My guess is that the reports on him listed as "illness" refer to his migraines.

If i'm a GM bringing in expensive FA talent,they'd better be as durable as they are talented. Just my preference.