Why Brian Allen will be the last man standing from the Ram's 2018 draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamInferno

UDFA
Looking back on the Rams' drafts over the years covering players currently still on the roster, a very consistent pattern begins to emerge. While Johnny Hekker is the longest tenured Ram, he was an undrafted free agent back in 2012. No players from the Rams' 2013 draft class remain on the roster. The longest tenured player drafted by the Rams is Aaron Donald, so we'll begin with the 2014 draft class.

2014: Aaron Donald is the only remaining player from the Rams' 2014 draft and he was the second player drafted by the Rams that year (Greg Robinson was the first player drafted by the Rams that year).

2015: Rob Havenstein is the only remaining player from the Rams' 2015 draft and he was the second player drafted by the Rams that year (Todd Gurley was the first player drafted by the Rams that year).

2016: Tyler Higbee is the only remaining player from the Rams' 2016 draft and he was the second player drafted by the Rams that year (Jared Goff was the first player drafted by the Rams that year).

2017: Cooper Kupp is the only remaining player from the Rams' 2017 draft and he was the second player drafted by the Rams that year (Gerald Everett was the first player drafted by the Rams that year).

2018: Therefore, if this pattern continues, Brian Allen will be the only remaining player from the Rams' 2018 draft at some point after this class hits free agency because he was the second player drafted by the Rams that year (Joseph Noteboom was the first player drafted by the Rams that year).

I'd like to offer Brian a big congrats in advance on his contract extension and I suppose it would only be appropriate to discuss how we will replace the other players drafted that year that will no longer be with us.

Disclaimer: This is a very non-serious analysis and is just for fun.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think there is a good chance that Note stays.
Depending on his contract demands, he may be Whits replacement at LT.

RamInferno

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While normally I might be inclined to agree with you, the evidence is pretty overwhelming that this will not be the case.

oldnotdead

Legend
I'm pretty confident that Noteboom stays. I think the fact that Whitworth announced his pending retirement so early would seem to indicate that talks with Joe and his agent are such that they are giving him assurances that he's still the LT of the future. There is no way Whit would talk like that if LT next year was still his to lose. As such I'm sure Snead and McVay have talked to Andrew about their intention to move on.

That said, I still think it would be an absolute shame if Whitworth isn't hired as an assistant. His experience is gold and he's already mentoring "his guys".

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Looking back on the Rams' drafts over the years covering players currently still on the roster, a very consistent pattern begins to emerge. While Johnny Hekker is the longest tenured Ram, he was an undrafted free agent back in 2012. No players from the Rams' 2013 draft class remain on the roster. The longest tenured player drafted by the Rams is Aaron Donald, so we'll begin with the 2014 draft class.

2014: Aaron Donald is the only remaining player from the Rams' 2014 draft and he was the second player drafted by the Rams that year (Greg Robinson was the first player drafted by the Rams that year).

2015: Rob Havenstein is the only remaining player from the Rams' 2015 draft and he was the second player drafted by the Rams that year (Todd Gurley was the first player drafted by the Rams that year).

2016: Tyler Higbee is the only remaining player from the Rams' 2016 draft and he was the second player drafted by the Rams that year (Jared Goff was the first player drafted by the Rams that year).

2017: Cooper Kupp is the only remaining player from the Rams' 2017 draft and he was the second player drafted by the Rams that year (Gerald Everett was the first player drafted by the Rams that year).

2018: Therefore, if this pattern continues, Brian Allen will be the only remaining player from the Rams' 2018 draft at some point after this class hits free agency because he was the second player drafted by the Rams that year (Joseph Noteboom was the first player drafted by the Rams that year).

I'd like to offer Brian a big congrats in advance on his contract extension and I suppose it would only be appropriate to discuss how we will replace the other players drafted that year that will no longer be with us.

19811EC1-D9E2-4D38-94EB-D1DBA956D018.jpeg

Makes sense to me...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'm pretty confident that Noteboom stays. I think the fact that Whitworth announced his pending retirement so early would seem to indicate that talks with Joe and his agent are such that they are giving him assurances that he's still the LT of the future. There is no way Whit would talk like that if LT next year was still his to lose. As such I'm sure Snead and McVay have talked to Andrew about their intention to move on.

That said, I still think it would be an absolute shame if Whitworth isn't hired as an assistant. His experience is gold and he's already mentoring "his guys".
Read the last line of @RamInferno ’s post.
:sunglasses:

RamInferno

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

With Brian Allen's release today, the theory I posited in the thread title has been disproven and this remarkable trend has finally come to an end, as this move makes Joe Noteboom the last remaining player from the 2018 draft.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
With Brian Allen's release today, the theory I posited in the thread title has been disproven and this remarkable trend has finally come to an end, as this move makes Joe Noteboom the last remaining player from the 2018 draft.
Something tells me he is going to be gone as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Something tells me he is going to be gone as well.
That’s proven to be a better draft than 2020 which had more draft capital as well.

Noteboom ? He is & has always been undervalued as a Ram.His contract speaks for how much Sean Mcvay likes Joesph

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It was a noble effort nevertheless. RIP. :laugh3:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That’s proven to be a better draft than 2020 which had more draft capital as well.

Noteboom ? He is & has always been undervalued as a Ram.His contract speaks for how much Sean Mcvay likes Joesph
His contract also reflects that of a starter. That’s why I think the youth movement is on for the OL, cheaper to stock the yard and keep the starters you do have, Dotson, Shelton, Jackson