Why are Most of the Posts Negative About the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least it seems so...

To me, the Rams are THE MOST COMPLETE TEAM in the NFL. The Chefs are flashy with the Mahomes Show in KCMO, but they are dependent on massive throws by him. When they face some adversity in the cold of Fall/Winter, it will slow him down, and then they will have to rely on the run game and a sorry defense.

The Rams are a warm weather team, but the team is diversified and the defense is still really good, even without our star CB's. Peters will be back sooner, than later and Talib will hopefully be back for our Super Bowl run....A common theme is the LBer corp, especially OLB's...I am not so convinced that we totally suck there, but even so, opposing teams have not scored on us that much (lowest in the NFL). Our DT's are insanely good, even though the rushing avg is high against them..Are they pushing too much?

Every team has weaknesses, including the Rams. It just seems that we like to emphasize our weaknesses in here to counter optimistic forecasts. Of course, one person's optimism, is another person's abject homerism. Just as one person's negativity is another person's truth-telling. If I say the Rams will win 14 games this season and win a Super Bowl, that doesn't jinx anything. Jinx's don't exist, in my book, but your book may be another edition. Whether I don't have enough humility, doesn't matter about the independent performance of the team, just as your negativity doesn't counteract the supposed karmic effects of my bragging about the team. I'm not slowing my roll, period.

*Steps off soap box

I put this thread here, because fewer people will read it, after initially typing it in the NFL/Rams forum. I probably should have just deleted it, but I have felt this way for a long time, so there ya go!;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're scoring 34 a game and win by 22 points a game and you would hardly notice looking at threads around here and reading the GDT is painful. I guess some people just can't be happy or celebrate success. Is the team perfect? No there aren't perfect teams there is a lot of competition and other good teams in the NFL. But it's unfortunate that Rams fans can't seem to embrace success, or at least what success we've had is never good enough for them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We're scoring 34 a game and win by 22 points a game and you would hardly notice looking at threads around here and reading the GDT is painful. I guess some people just can't be happy or celebrate success. Is the team perfect? No there aren't perfect teams there is a lot of competition and other good teams in the NFL. But it's unfortunate that Rams fans can't seem to embrace success, or at least what success we've had is never good enough for them.
The GDT thread is one where I will abandon fast because it ruins my enjoyment of the game. I feel that I'm fighting a losing fight, trying to center the thread on the ability of the team to do in game adjustments and eventually win. It's a Rams strength, imo. But no more. I spent too much energy in such situations...

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Still a wounded fan base maybe? IDK, this is the most fun I've had in years!

I mean, 33pts wk 1, 34 wk 2, 35 wk 3, if that trend continues we'll get 36 this week lol wth is there to complain about considering the last decade.

Hot take nature of sports media? It's the same reason I can't stand Jim Rome, Colin Cowherd, Stephen A Smith, ETC...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have a hard time watching the GDT. Fortunately, we have a couple mods doing the heavy lifting in that thread and taking notes. We tend to be a lot more lenient in that thread because... welp... fans are fans and spur of the moment emotions get the best of all of us at times.

I would only encourage members to pay heed to the “think before you post” reminder in the reply box. If you get too fanatical toward the negative, you just may find yourself blocked from that thread. It’s a tool we don’t like to use. But the over all goal of having a board where everyone enjoys reading and posting can make it necessary.

So... it’s a great time to be a Ram fan. Enjoy it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Coupla things:

1) Lots of people confuse critique with criticism. A critique is an unbiased analysis which may have a positive, neutral or negative outcome. A criticism is a negative take generally based on opinion and generally biased.

2) Many Rams fans have no idea what it's like to root for a winner. Either, they are too young to really remember the GSOT days or more importantly, how good the Rams were through the 60s, 70s and 80s...or they only remember the 90s and the years after Bulger and want to focus on how bad the team was.

When one talks to educated fans of traditionally winning franchises like New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, etc, they realize they may be having a down year and understand that either injuries or certain scheme issues are making their team not have the best season, but they know they're rooting for a winning franchise.

Honestly, this Rams franchise hasn't been a "winning" franchise since the 80s. Even as we fought tooth and nail with the 9ers with several Top 10 Ever to play players on that team, we knew we had a really, really good team. The GSOT days left as fast as they arrived and even during the GSOT days, the shadow of 95-98 was always there. By 2002, the writing was on the wall of our Rams not being very good for much longer.

Would extended winning based on structural excellence bring out more positivity? Partly.

That said, it's pretty common in life for people to embrace the negative so that the positives are so much more positive. I call it the "Hawaii effect". The tallest mountain in the world is Mt. Everest. However, if you go to the ocean floor, the tallest mountain is Mt. Kilauea. So people a) don't enjoy being disappointed and b) love the ups...the higher the better.

The problem with that outlook is that one's "normal" is the ocean floor. It's cold and dark and pretty inhospitable which is what we see from lots of fans, educated or casual.

I think that McVay stays a good while and as folks get that he's building a structural winner where a really bad year is 9-7, some fans will embrace the "every day goodness" and forsake being negative all the time for the occasional mega-high for a general contentment still with plenty of highs and a few lows.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least it seems so...

To me, the Rams are THE MOST COMPLETE TEAM in the NFL. The Chefs are flashy with the Mahomes Show in KCMO, but they are dependent on massive throws by him. When they face some adversity in the cold of Fall/Winter, it will slow him down, and then they will have to rely on the run game and a sorry defense.

The Rams are a warm weather team, but the team is diversified and the defense is still really good, even without our star CB's. Peters will be back sooner, than later and Talib will hopefully be back for our Super Bowl run....A common theme is the LBer corp, especially OLB's...I am not so convinced that we totally suck there, but even so, opposing teams have not scored on us that much (lowest in the NFL). Our DT's are insanely good, even though the rushing avg is high against them..Are they pushing too much?

Every team has weaknesses, including the Rams. It just seems that we like to emphasize our weaknesses in here to counter optimistic forecasts. Of course, one person's optimism, is another person's abject homerism. Just as one person's negativity is another person's truth-telling. If I say the Rams will win 14 games this season and win a Super Bowl, that doesn't jinx anything. Jinx's don't exist, in my book, but your book may be another edition. Whether I don't have enough humility, doesn't matter about the independent performance of the team, just as your negativity doesn't counteract the supposed karmic effects of my bragging about the team. I'm not slowing my roll, period.

*Steps off soap box

I put this thread here, because fewer people will read it, after initially typing it in the NFL/Rams forum. I probably should have just deleted it, but I have felt this way for a long time, so there ya go!;)
It's sad how many people still suffer from PTJFSS (Post-traumatic Jeff Fisher Stress Syndrome).

We can't get rid of that feeling that something's bound to go wrong. That a big win must be followed up by a clunker. That a wave of undisciplined play will ride over the team and they will begin committing stupid, boneheaded, personal fouls.

Basically, that - just when things seem to be going in the right direction - all hell breaks loose.

Now... we have almost one and a quarter seasons of watching a team that is disciplined, executes crisply and stays focused. Yeah, they lost some games last year... maybe even should have won one or two... but nothing like what we went through with Jeff Fisher and his gaggle of inept coaches.

Some have completely recovered from PTJFSS... others are on their way and some are still in it's stranglehold (we can only pray for them).

Those that are still falling prey to PTJFSS can't help but find a flaw or two. In order to compensate for the failure of Fisher-led teams, they think we need a perfect team in order to get to The Promised Land.

No team is perfect... well, maybe that fishy team from South Florida oh-so-many years ago.

We'll be fine... McVay knows how to run a football team.

It's just gonna take some longer to accept that we can win a Super Bowl with a few flaws... heck, if Trent Dilfer can, we can!!

I have a hard time watching the GDT.
I've never even tried to watch that thread. I'm too busy watching the game. I don't want anything getting in the way of that.

So... it’s a great time to be a Ram fan. Enjoy it.
It really is! After all these years... soon, all the victims of PTJFSS will be recovered... the cure? The Rams second Super Bowl win!!

fearsomefour

Legend
The GDT thread is one where I will abandon fast because it ruins my enjoyment of the game. I feel that I'm fighting a losing fight, trying to center the thread on the ability of the team to do in game adjustments and eventually win. It's a Rams strength, imo. But no more. I spent too much energy in such situations...
I have avoided it this season.
I was in there years past and......I admit, Ive had my moments of not being rational.
But, the other team gets paid too.
I really enjoyed last year and I am greatly enjoying this season. If the Rams lose to the Vikings that's ok. The big picture is still super bright.
When the other team makes a play, sometimes you just have to say "Great play".....and no, the refs aren't out to get the Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have avoided it this season.
I was in there years past and......I admit, Ive had my moments of not being rational.
But, the other team gets paid too.
I really enjoyed last year and I am greatly enjoying this season. If the Rams lose to the Vikings that's ok. The big picture is still super bright.
When the other team makes a play, sometimes you just have to say "Great play".....and no, the refs aren't out to get the Rams.
Slow yur roll, Bill Bellicheck!:redcard:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
To be honest, I don't even look at the GDT anymore. I'd rather watch the game on my own time without any negativity.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Honestly, I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The d line isn't getting sacks. Holy crap, what if we really can't rush the passer well and we start losing because of it?

Talib and Peters got hurt. Shit, what if the backups are atrocious? Coupled with the non existent pass rush, we're doomed!

Gurley looks like he might be a touch less explosive than last year, or maybe it's the lack of big pass plays to him... Our run have might be falling apart, teams will stop loading the box and our pass game will suffer.

Our o line is old AF. They could fall apart at any minute.

I'm trying to enjoy it, but that little voice that was right for the last 15 years is still there, still going on and on like an asshole about how he's always right.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The d line isn't getting sacks. Holy crap, what if we really can't rush the passer well and we start losing because of it?

Talib and Peters got hurt. crap, what if the backups are atrocious? Coupled with the non existent pass rush, we're doomed!

Gurley looks like he might be a touch less explosive than last year, or maybe it's the lack of big pass plays to him... Our run have might be falling apart, teams will stop loading the box and our pass game will suffer.

Our o line is old AF. They could fall apart at any minute.

I'm trying to enjoy it, but that little voice that was right for the last 15 years is still there, still going on and on like an icehole about how he's always right.
Get ready for unreal success.It's gonna happen!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get ready for unreal success.

So, the Rams success isn't real?

Ok
debbie downer.gif

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It's sad how many people still suffer from PTJFSS (Post-traumatic Jeff Fisher Stress Syndrome).

We can't get rid of that feeling that something's bound to go wrong. That a big win must be followed up by a clunker. That a wave of undisciplined play will ride over the team and they will begin committing stupid, boneheaded, personal fouls.

Basically, that - just when things seem to be going in the right direction - all hell breaks loose.

Now... we have almost one and a quarter seasons of watching a team that is disciplined, executes crisply and stays focused. Yeah, they lost some games last year... maybe even should have won one or two... but nothing like what we went through with Jeff Fisher and his gaggle of inept coaches.

Some have completely recovered from PTJFSS... others are on their way and some are still in it's stranglehold (we can only pray for them).

Those that are still falling prey to PTJFSS can't help but find a flaw or two. In order to compensate for the failure of Fisher-led teams, they think we need a perfect team in order to get to The Promised Land.

No team is perfect... well, maybe that fishy team from South Florida oh-so-many years ago.

We'll be fine... McVay knows how to run a football team.

It's just gonna take some longer to accept that we can win a Super Bowl with a few flaws... heck, if Trent Dilfer can, we can!!

I've never even tried to watch that thread. I'm too busy watching the game. I don't want anything getting in the way of that.

It really is! After all these years... soon, all the victims of PTJFSS will be recovered... the cure? The Rams second Super Bowl win!!

Hey, maybe these pussies need to stop talking about Jeff Fisher!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, maybe these pussies need to stop talking about Jeff Fisher!
Last time I checked, it was well within forum rules and I believe we still live in a free country?

Suggest if you don't like it, ignore.

Have a nice day

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Last time I checked, it was well within forum rules and I believe we still live in a free country?

Suggest if you don't like it, ignore.

Have a nice day

Nah, I’m gonna laugh at the Fisher posts