Why America Hates the Dallas Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A lot of words. Instead of reading them, I'll just continue to hate the Cowgirls as would any long time self respecting Rams fan.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Meh. Hating is easier. I just don't care about them. Most of the players on today's Dallas team are good guys that are just playing football.

Greg Stone

Rookie
America hates the Cowboys because, in the words of Winston Churchill, "America always does the right thing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . after it has exhausted all other possibilities." The second half of the quote also explains why so much of America loved the Cowboys for years.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
The boys were a division rival so that was one thing but I hated them the most since they got the most pub. Arrogant of them to claim to be America's Team!

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I do not hate Dallas has much as some. To bad they have a horrible gm. I think Dallas could get a top notch coach if the GM would suck up his ego. Patriots I so hate.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My hate for Dallas goes way back. Growing up they were my brothers favorite team. Mine the Rams. Made for interesting Sundays. Over the years you can add the Pats, 9ers, and Seahags too the list.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My hate for Dallas goes way back. Growing up they were my brothers favorite team. Mine the Rams. Made for interesting Sundays. Over the years you can add the Pats, 9ers, and Seahags too the list.

When I was a kid we lived in San Jose, CA and my dad was a 49ers fan while my brother and I were Rams fans. My son is a Redskins fan. You're right about having some interesting Sundays. I would throw in volatile and tense as well. :cool:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
th

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My hatred isn't as intense as it once was since they are now mired in mediocrity, but man as a kid I didn't just hate the Cowboys, I F***ING HATED the Cowboys. I remember one time my dad took me shooting and I took a small pull-out poster of Roger Staubach from a football magazine I had, posted it on a tree and shot the thing to shreds (my dad got a kick out of that). Really disliked Roger Staubach. To this day, it still warms my heart to no end to know that Staubach's last game was a playoff loss to the Rams, in Dallas the year the Rams finally made it to the Super Bowl for the first time. God that was a sweet win.

i was waiting for a penalty flag on that play. after all the near misses in the playoffs that decade, i just figured something else would go wrong.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
A lot of words. Instead of reading them, I'll just continue to hate the Cowgirls as would any long time self respecting Rams fan.

Indeed, I hate them because the media loves them. If the Rams has the same roster as dem Cowgirls, we would be completely off the radar. Lame...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cowboys players read mean tweets about them
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 27, 2014

e6413e8d2d9aaa0993a711bf6940e49e.jpeg
AP

The Dallas Cowboys have seen all the nasty tweets about them. And they’re good sports.

In a video on the team’s website, several players read aloud tweets in which they’re mentioned, often in rude, insulting and profane fashion. The funniest came from backup quarterback Brandon Weeden, who read a tweet asking what many fans have asked: Why on earth did Cowboys owner and General Manager Jerry Jones sign Weeden after the disaster that was his two-year tenure in Cleveland?

“Why the f— would Jerry Jones waste money on Brandon Weeden? Jerry Jones has lost his f—ing mind,” Weeden reads in the video.

Some of the players said they can see where the fans are coming from.

Jason Witten — slow as hell, LOL. But it works,” Witten reads, before thinking for a moment and saying, “True.”

The Cowboys are laughing off the negative tweets they’re getting, although no NFL team would ever release a video of players reading the worst things said about them on Twitter, because some of the discourse on Twitter is absolutely appalling.

While the Cowboys seem to accept getting bashed on Twitter as part of the job, fans should remember that if you wouldn’t say something to someone’s face, you probably shouldn’t tweet it about him. That goes not only for fans tweeting about professional football players, but for everyone.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cowboys players read mean tweets about them
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 27, 2014

e6413e8d2d9aaa0993a711bf6940e49e.jpeg
AP

The Dallas Cowboys have seen all the nasty tweets about them. And they’re good sports.

In a video on the team’s website, several players read aloud tweets in which they’re mentioned, often in rude, insulting and profane fashion. The funniest came from backup quarterback Brandon Weeden, who read a tweet asking what many fans have asked: Why on earth did Cowboys owner and General Manager Jerry Jones sign Weeden after the disaster that was his two-year tenure in Cleveland?

“Why the f— would Jerry Jones waste money on Brandon Weeden? Jerry Jones has lost his f—ing mind,” Weeden reads in the video.

Some of the players said they can see where the fans are coming from.

Jason Witten — slow as hell, LOL. But it works,” Witten reads, before thinking for a moment and saying, “True.”

The Cowboys are laughing off the negative tweets they’re getting, although no NFL team would ever release a video of players reading the worst things said about them on Twitter, because some of the discourse on Twitter is absolutely appalling.

While the Cowboys seem to accept getting bashed on Twitter as part of the job, fans should remember that if you wouldn’t say something to someone’s face, you probably shouldn’t tweet it about him. That goes not only for fans tweeting about professional football players, but for everyone.
Jimmy Kimmel, I think, started that whole thing.